What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Colorado... Talk to me, people!

LubdaNugs

Veteran
go to a med state but not a legal state, that would be more your style, IMHO. You'll find the same shit in Oregon and Washington also, although Oregon didnt' and won't pass a legalization bill, that 24 oz possession limit is nice, what is CO, six oz? You can do better, just go farther. Need a roomie? lol, just kiddin, no really, no, really :tiphat:

Colorado law says 6 plants, 3 flowering, you can travel with and or transfer 1 oz. You are allowed to keep your whole harvest, regardless of weight, at your residence.

LayedBack

You're completely wrong. This year there was none, but Virginia's legislature has put forward two bills per year - one for decrim and one for medicinal, for going back at least a decade. It gets shot down every year. The major delegate supporting was Harvey Morgan, an old Republican retired pharmacist in his 70s. Lobby your state senator and delegate, especially around January when the government session starts. They *will* listen if you call, it's just that all the people who whine that they won't listen never call...

Well I actually know about that but my point was we as citizens never actually got a chance to vote. But you've made your point and it's a good one and I'm not gonna be a whiny little bitch I'm gonna get on the phone and see what I can do sometime this year. I'm sure at least some of them have to be open to discussing medical marijuana legislature as opposed to full on legalization. I've actually been thinking about getting involved in the local norml chapter too lately. Being that I'm only 22 and have been busy with medical issues for 4 years and learning to grow for 4 years I think I've done a pretty decent job just trying to survive with chronic pain. I mean it's not like I'm some 50 year old healthy drop out who's been whining for 30 years and hasn't done a damn thing ya know! (no offense to anyone, the leisurely lifestyle is great if you don't whine about it) I just wish medical marijuana were available somewhere in the south east at least, as a sick person that honestly needs medical marijuana. I mean it's not like the doctors ever gave a damn about my chronic pain so at least with cannabis I can get shit done myself.

To DryNobBob, I hear ya. Moving has crossed my mind a lot but I'm one of the unfortunate people who are too disabled to work full time but at the same time I don't actually have SSD. So I'm sort of in limbo at the moment. Quite frankly I actually like my state, it's where my friends and family live but I have little faith in cannabis reformation actually succeeding over here for a good long while. Which is a pity because Virginia actually had a MMJ bill passed way before California it was just worded incorrectly so nothing ever got done. One can only imagine what things would be like if they had just passed the right bill in the 70s.

Anyways I woke up cranky this morning, heh sorry if I came on to strong. People who live in the good states, learn to appreciate what you have and be nice to the unfortunates who live in the dark holes on the US!

D

DryNobBob

Damn, thats even worse, my bad, I knew better than to look up the NORML website, lol, Thanks for clarification bro, appreciated. It sure ain't 24 oz, can sell to other patients and growers and clubs, and export out of state like the big boys in Oregon, thats for sure.

Colorado law says 6 plants, 3 flowering, you can travel with and or transfer 1 oz. You are allowed to keep your whole harvest, regardless of weight, at your residence.

LayedBack

You might want to walk that shit back, son.

I'm only trying to say that it would be kind of ridiculous to whine about a law for a long time without even bothering to vote when given the chance or trying to do something to get it changed if it's in your means to do so. Anything else you may have gotten out of that is a simple misinterpretation, which could be half my fault for wording it the way I did.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I'm only trying to say that it would be kind of ridiculous to whine about a law for a long time without even bothering to vote when given the chance or trying to do something to get it changed if it's in your means to do so. Anything else you may have gotten out of that is a simple misinterpretation, which could be half my fault for wording it the way I did.

Maybe I'm oversensitive. There are a lot of young people now who seem to believe we never did anything to try and change the system, that we've all just been sitting around doing nothing the whole time.

Especially with respect to the legalization fight, there's a lot of young people criticizing the older generation. It reminds me of the guy who shows up in the last minute of a fight and thinks he beat everybody's ass.

A lot of us have been doing whatever we could for all this time, even if it wasn't much more than keeping the culture alive. Times have really changed. You can't imagine how shitty things were in the 80s and 90s, not just with weed but with all the evil corporate bullshit. It was like a runaway train, there was no stopping it.

monsoon

Bravo Tesla. It gets old hearing folks who have ONLY been smoking/growing for 4 years speak as if they have weathered a storm and how badly they have had it.

Ditto for the talk about the "pricks" having med pot and not understanding how it is in the states where it is all illegal. EXCUSE ME, but some of us have been growing illegally for longer than some of you have been alive. If the old folks have done nothing, you have done even less...mostly,,because you think everything should be handed to you and you obviously don't have the gumption to go out and make it happen. That's what we did in CO. Starting in 1998. NONE of this was handed to us. We fought long and hard for the rights we have!

Now it's your turn.

LayedBack

Bravo Tesla. It gets old hearing folks who have ONLY been smoking/growing for 4 years speak as if they have weathered a storm and how badly they have had it.

Ditto for the talk about the "pricks" having med pot and not understanding how it is in the states where it is all illegal. EXCUSE ME, but some of us have been growing illegally for longer than some of you have been alive. If the old folks have done nothing, you have done even less...mostly,,because you think everything should be handed to you and you obviously don't have the gumption to go out and make it happen. That's what we did in CO. Starting in 1998. NONE of this was handed to us. We fought long and hard for the rights we have!

Now it's your turn.

Well I came in to this thread to make two points, one of them is what I made fairly clearly 2 posts above I think. The other is that people shouldn't get ridiculed for wanting to move to a med or legal state when they don't already live in one. (and if I'm not mistaken you were one of the rude ones about this) If you've been fighting for marijuana rights all along, then you don't actually fall in to the category of the old timers that I've been talking about and I actually have mucho respecto for what you've been doing. :tiphat: Also, been smoking for 10 years, and I've been semi-bedridden since I was 19 due to a rare auto-immune disorder that has caused chronic nerve pain in my hands, wrists, forearms, back of the neck, calfs, knees, and feet. I know plenty about having it hard, I never really had a life past age 19. It's all just suffering for me from here on out and cannabis is one of the very few comforts in life I still have. Sad reality is I'll probably be dead way before my state actually has marijuana reformation taken in to effect.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I've been semi-bedridden since I was 19 due to a rare auto-immune disorder that has caused chronic nerve pain in my hands, wrists, forearms, back of the neck, calfs, knees, and feet. I know plenty about having it hard, I never really had a life past age 19. It's all just suffering for me from here on out and cannabis is one of the very few comforts in life I still have. Sad reality is I'll probably be dead way before my state actually has marijuana reformation taken in to effect.

Sorry to hear about your illness, hope you can keep a grow going.

Just for historical context -- my soulmate died of AIDS in the early 90s. We could almost never get weed at all. We didn't have much money and there was very little supply. He just had to suck it up while he died.

"Homegrown" back then was very green and schwaggy, basically not worth smoking. The better stuff was brick weed. If you knew somebody (usually on the west coast) you could get sinsemilla if you had a lot of money.

To this day I've never smoked any weed that I knew the strain of. So I hear people talk about haze, or kush, or whatever, and I can sort of guess what they're talking about judging by highs I've experienced or tastes/smells. But think about that. I've been smoking since 1976 and have never, ever, not once, known what strain I was smoking.

We would've grown if we could. There were no mail order seeds then, and no internet to get all this grow information, no hydro shops with dialed in nutes. If you mentioned weed to most people, they assumed you were a crack whore. For a long time the only thing there was for me to do about the fight was keep the candle burning.

monsoon

I'm sorry if you see my viewpoint as rude layed up. Also sorry to hear you face these intense challenges.

Folks are certainly free to come here, but at the same time they need to respect those who are here. Some of these folks act as if they are the only people who have faced the laws head on and that we in the med states are just handed the pipe without effort. They also misunderstand that while we enjoy a modicom of "legality", there isn't a "scene" and 99% of the people living here are NOT focused on MJ whatsoever.

Those of you who weren't here and weren't patients fail to understand the fact that it was years AFTER the med laws were passed that people finally stopped getting raided for their med status. Before that, as Tesla points out well, every aspect of growing was kept hidden, and there was no safe refuge or easy in as their is today. No seeds, no clones, no information, and certainly no picking and choosing which state has the best laws. LOL.

Overall, rude as we may seem for wanting to protect what we have worked for, the people waltzing into this today have it made. All they have to do is walk into the dream.

best of luck to anyone attempting to relocate.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
P.S. -- I still have a friend who used to grow her own back in the 80s. I asked her if she'd be willing to allow me to have seeds mailed to her address (she said no, now I regret even asking anyone). She assures me that growing weed is really hard, that it's crazy expensive, the lights will cost me thousands of dollars, there is no such thing as a feminized seed, and on the outside chance I do get something to grow it possibly won't be worth a shit.

She's not trying to talk me out of it, that's just what she believes because when she was doing it, that's how it was.

I just let her talk. She doesn't know about my garden, where I say hello country bumpkin, check the frost out on the pumpkins.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Jhhnn

Veteran

Now it's your turn.

While I thank those who've been growing & smoking, making the law basically unenforceable, I think it's important to realize that none of that will achieve the desired result w/o an educated & open minded populace. Hell, there are still dry counties nearly 80 years after the repeal of Prohibition, which should tell us something. There are and probably always will be deeply "conservative" & closed minded parts of the country, places where they're more than happy to feed stoners to the prison-industrial complex. If you're *different*, if you're not "one of us", then you're a target- stoners, gays, blacks, browns, atheists & free thinkers of any stripe fall into that category.

So give some credit to the people who voted *for* us, who've seen through the bullshit for decades, who were just waiting for opportunities to have their votes count. Some called & wrote letters, too, simply in the interests of freedom & justice. Many of us have lent financial support to the activists, as well.

You'll pardon me if I show some scorn for the bootleggers who've joined the Baptists in opposing legalization beyond Medical. It's their own greedy self interest that lets the Feds get in their faces. They're not a part of the real movement to relax cannabis laws, to put it all in an honest perspective.

Authoritarian purveyors of overpriced "medicinal" herb play the same power game as their authoritarian allies in govt. Maintain Control, to make sure that "I got mine- screw you". Which is not to say that they're all like that.

I'd like to see cannabis growing in back yards like tomatoes, for sale in the supermarket like Bud Lite. I'd like to find farmers' markets where I can sample local herb, buy more if I like it. I'd like for it to be no big deal at all, because it really shouldn't be.

Well, except for authoritarians who seem to take offense when people just laugh at their absurdity. Smoking pot brings that out in their audience, which is why they hate it.

Try listening or watching any of the right wing talking heads when you're stoned- their pitch won't work, you'll see right through it. They know it, too, and the prospects of their target audience toking up must be terrifying. With legalization in Washington & Colorado & more to follow, they're fucked, thrashing around in futility. The fools need to stand down before they fall down, because there won't be nearly as many people holding them upright...

vapedg13

Veteran
shift from medical/recreational marijuana ...add hemp in the feilds...create another industry

1000s of acres of hemp.....will make 1000s of different products....not just medicene and recreational use

Why is it that we can import hemp legally from foreign countries... even sell it in the USA ...we just cant grow it???

This is why the Feds wont allow legalization....Hemp threatens other prominant businesses that make huge political contributions $$$$

Some states have made the cultivation of industrial hemp legal, but these states — North Dakota, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Oregon, California, Montana, West Virginia and Vermont — have not yet begun to grow it because of resistance from the federal Drug Enforcement Administration

There too many people out of work in this country....Legalize regulate tax it....put Americans back to work

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
shift from medical/recreational marijuana ...add hemp in the feilds...create another industry

1000s of acres of hemp.....will make 1000s of different products....not just medicene and recreational use

I was talking to a very conservative neighbor here in NC about the way we just got screwed again on our MMJ bill. He's in favor of medical marijuana "as long as the wrong people can't get it" (good lord, don't ask me).

I also mentioned that Kentucky has a hemp bill on the floor. He pointed at the acreage behind his house and said he'd love to have another cash crop, but you can't grow it here. I said no, hemp would grow like a wildfire in NC. He clarified, he can't grow it because it's illegal to do so.

This is why the Feds wont allow legalization....Hemp threatens other prominant businesses that make huge political contributions $$$$

Actually the #1 lobbying industry, in terms of dollars spent, is the pharmaceutical industry. Between them, alcohol, and the prison industrial complex, that's the problem. But it's big pharma, by far the biggest problem.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I was talking to a very conservative neighbor here in NC about the way we just got screwed again on our MMJ bill. He's in favor of medical marijuana "as long as the wrong people can't get it" (good lord, don't ask me).

I also mentioned that Kentucky has a hemp bill on the floor. He pointed at the acreage behind his house and said he'd love to have another cash crop, but you can't grow it here. I said no, hemp would grow like a wildfire in NC. He clarified, he can't grow it because it's illegal to do so.

Actually the #1 lobbying industry, in terms of dollars spent, is the pharmaceutical industry. Between them, alcohol, and the prison industrial complex, that's the problem. But it's big pharma, by far the biggest problem.

One of the oddest twists in all of this is that the Farm Lobby is very strong in Conservative states, where they elect "conservative" congress critters.

When it comes to cannabis, voting "conservative" is against their own best interests, but they have trouble seeing that, dirty hippies being what they are, or at least what they think they are...

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
That's exactly right. As someone said in another thread, southern Baptists stagger in to church hung over on Sunday and vote themselves dry on Monday.

darkvade420

P.S. -- I still have a friend who used to grow her own back in the 80s. I asked her if she'd be willing to allow me to have seeds mailed to her address (she said no, now I regret even asking anyone). She assures me that growing weed is really hard, that it's crazy expensive, the lights will cost me thousands of dollars, there is no such thing as a feminized seed, and on the outside chance I do get something to grow it possibly won't be worth a shit.

She's not trying to talk me out of it, that's just what she believes because when she was doing it, that's how it was.

I just let her talk. She doesn't know about my garden, where I say hello country bumpkin, check the frost out on the pumpkins.

View Image View Image

ha ye thats how my uncle sounds im pretty sure old people just cant imagine dumping some water on a plant and watching it grow.its not been half as hard as he was tellin me so far.
picture.php

picture.php

5 dollar a month light bill 90 dollar light and 40 dollar nute pack.pretty sure i got my money back right here.