What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Colorado... Talk to me, people!

S

SooperSmurph

I came to this state on the enticements of an investor, he set me up with a small grow and I provided him with meds, this worked out until he developed a gambling problem which a new grow's profits couldn't keep up with. I suddenly found myself with 0 contacts in a state where I had no friends and no family, a couple grand and a few seeds in my pocket, 3 hungry cats and a worried wife, it didn't make for a pleasant introduction to the state's weed scene. From that point, took me... 2 years to get back into growing anything, and only managed that through luck and skillful sidling, impressing a local grower with the quality of my cooking (was working in a bar at the time). Then, showing no rust from my two years without plants, I jumped hip-deep into his operation, first with trimming, then staking, and eventually working my way to a position of moderate responsibility where I was in charge of all propagation and veg for that and two other warehouses. Every step had me thinking i'd run out of luck, that my knowledge wasn't going to be enough to carry me to the next step, that my studies were too far behind the times to be truly competitive, all these thoughts with the normal stress of a man leaving his 20s behind, surprised I didn't have a severe nervous breakdown.

Now I run a warehouse as well as a small side project with three employees of my own.

Point: It's just like starting a new life anywhere else doing anything else, dedication is the thing that is going to carry you over the hump, and the more you study and bust ass the more likely success becomes, but it won't be a guarantee, because nothing is.

monsoon

Sharing is caring, right Tesla?

Nice plant. Hopefully you have about 25 more. LOL (us old folks smoke a lot) ;-)

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Sharing is caring, right Tesla?

Nice plant. Hopefully you have about 25 more. LOL (us old folks smoke a lot) ;-)

LOL!

Man, I haven't had a drop of anything at all in about four months. Normally 1/8 lasts me two weeks when I can afford it. Not that i wouldn't love to wake and bake and keep the pace all day long, I just don't have the money.

The four plants I have in flower right now should hold me quite a while. I'm planning to re-veg them on the deck after flower. Take advantage of all that free HID lighting we get here in the dirty south.

I'm thinking I might go all out and plant all of my seeds, too. I'll be fighting off butt pucker through the summer, but if it all pans out I'll have enough weed to last me a mighty long time. Then I can break it all down and put the house on the market.

I do kind of feel like the evil crap we're dealing with here is the darkness before the dawn. There is very little scene here at all, so when (not if) we end prohibition to whatever extent, it will be wide open.

Ultimately I think I'd still rather live in Crestone, with all the Buddhist culture.

S

SooperSmurph

LOL!

Man, I haven't had a drop of anything at all in about four months. Normally 1/8 lasts me two weeks when I can afford it. Not that i wouldn't love to wake and bake and keep the pace all day long, I just don't have the money.

The four plants I have in flower right now should hold me quite a while. I'm planning to re-veg them on the deck after flower. Take advantage of all that free HID lighting we get here in the dirty south.

I'm thinking I might go all out and plant all of my seeds, too. I'll be fighting off butt pucker through the summer, but if it all pans out I'll have enough weed to last me a mighty long time. Then I can break it all down and put the house on the market.

I do kind of feel like the evil crap we're dealing with here is the darkness before the dawn. There is very little scene here at all, so when (not if) we end prohibition to whatever extent, it will be wide open.

Ultimately I think I'd still rather live in Crestone, with all the Buddhist culture.
In the case of federal legalization, let's hope the "Weeds" vision doesn't hold true, Southern States stepping backwards by evoking "state's rights".

darkvade420

pretty sure we all smoked pot before the cops gave us the thumbs up in the first place. I wasn't brought in this world to be a slave to some mans rule book either so he can stick that shit up his ass .

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
In the case of federal legalization, let's hope the "Weeds" vision doesn't hold true, Southern States stepping backwards by evoking "state's rights".

Well, we do have a blue law, we can't buy alcohol on Sunday. Beer and wine can be sold in regular stores, but beyond that you can only buy from the state-run stores.

However, our MMJ bill has like 75% approval statewide.

It's not only in the south, it's the same problem all over the world. People are disconnected from the powers that be, and they run roughshod over us. We have a higher percentage of people who cut off their noses to spite their faces, unfortunately.

monsoon

True 420...lots of us have been smoking and growing for years before any thumbs up was given.

Lots of us have also faced misdie/felony charges as well. I have been arrested 3X in my 40 years of exposure to this plant and don't quite share your cavalier attitude towards the "rule book" because I know how badly they can beat the shit out of you WITH that rule book if you fuck up and get caught.

you ever been busted?

Latest posts

Latest posts