What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
I get so jealous when I look thru this thread.EVERYBODY should be able to grow outdoors without repercussions. Maybe 1 day

MCGold

I get so jealous when I look thru this thread.EVERYBODY should be able to grow outdoors without repercussions. Maybe 1 day

IKR? sucks living in oHIo and not being able to grow. we have tons of farmers in this State and yet and still TPTB keep us from medicine meanwhile the Fed. Gov. holds 5 U.S. Medicial Marijuana patents and still deny it has any medicinal value.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey everyone, sorry it's been quiet here, I will try to update more often, just been busy.. The garden is humming along, we have some monsters in the mounds already! The native soil plot is really raging this year too. As always there is room for improvement, but I am happy with where we are at right now, All the plants are big and healthy. We had one straggler which also turned out to be a male that I planted by mistake! The only one, I think, so really not much of a loss when we culled it.

We are entering flowering soon so everything must be trellised and pruned this week. I am also going to try to save cuttings from all my favorites. Crazy how fast the season is goin by, it seems like they just went in the ground yesterday! Thankfully there are no big wildfires near us yet, I think we got an extra couple weeks of veg growth compared to last year when the smoke blocked out the sun and all the plants flipped early.

We haven't been feeding the plants hardly at all yet, although we did amend the mounds in the spring. The native soil is starting to look hungry for sure. I just got a new pump for our sprayer so we will start doing bi-weekly foliar feeding for basically the rest of the season. We have been spraying weekly with sulfur for bugs and it seems to be working. When flowering begins we will switch to venerate and grandevo.

I've been on the hill for a few months straight at this point, starting to get used to it though. This is my 7th season at this spot. There's really nothing going on around here so I mostly stay at home working on improving my property and making music in the studio. We did meet a few local growers recently which is nice.

The county is starting to check people's plant count recently, which they didn't do at all last year. Hopefully we can make it through the season without a visit from the inspector. We only have 30 mounds which is the limit I think, but the native soil plot definitely puts us over that limit and I don't want to have to chop anything. Plus I hate dealing with authority, you never know what could happen....

Anyway, back to the grind.. Lots to do and it's gonna be a hot one! I'll post more pictures later. Here's a couple recent edited ones. Peace!

tbOMOegl.jpg

qEHJCnwl.jpg

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey everyone, sorry it's been quiet here, I will try to update more often, just been busy.. The garden is humming along, we have some monsters in the mounds already! The native soil plot is really raging this year too. As always there is room for improvement, but I am happy with where we are at right now, All the plants are big and healthy. We had one straggler which also turned out to be a male that I planted by mistake! The only one, I think, so really not much of a loss when we culled it.

We are entering flowering soon so everything must be trellised and pruned this week. I am also going to try to save cuttings from all my favorites. Crazy how fast the season is goin by, it seems like they just went in the ground yesterday! Thankfully there are no big wildfires near us yet, I think we got an extra couple weeks of veg growth compared to last year when the smoke blocked out the sun and all the plants flipped early.

We haven't been feeding the plants hardly at all yet, although we did amend the mounds in the spring. The native soil is starting to look hungry for sure. I just got a new pump for our sprayer so we will start doing bi-weekly foliar feeding for basically the rest of the season. We have been spraying weekly with sulfur for bugs and it seems to be working. When flowering begins we will switch to venerate and grandevo.

I've been on the hill for a few months straight at this point, starting to get used to it though. This is my 7th season at this spot. There's really nothing going on around here so I mostly stay at home working on improving my property and making music in the studio. We did meet a few local growers recently which is nice.

The county is starting to check people's plant count recently, which they didn't do at all last year. Hopefully we can make it through the season without a visit from the inspector. We only have 30 mounds which is the limit I think, but the native soil plot definitely puts us over that limit and I don't want to have to chop anything. Plus I hate dealing with authority, you never know what could happen....

Anyway, back to the grind.. Lots to do and it's gonna be a hot one! I'll post more pictures later. Here's a couple recent edited ones. Peace!

View Image

View Image

Best of luck Shcrews hope it all goes your way and look forward to your updates maybes one day I will live that sort of dream.:thank you:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Summer stretch has kicked into high gear, the plants are loving the heat. Everything has doubled in size in the past couple weeks.

here's the native soil plot, blowing up out of control:

snSt7n5l.jpg

igoHq8Ol.jpg

eBkJJ8Ll.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shadow Casters

Shadow Casters

Ancient OG F4 (Iranian Landrace x Snow Lotus) ..motherlode seeds:
7i3f0Y4l.jpg

Satsuma (California Orange x Snow Lotus)...bodhi seeds...
bro9C1ml.jpg

Sprite (Black Lime Reserve x Ancient OG) ...motherlode seeds:
gg2Suhdl.jpg

Original Glue 4 x Ancient OG ...motherlode seeds:
mOJjznCl.jpg

Jerry Kush (OG x Bubba) ..Mendo Seeds..
bOcl76vl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
more...

more...

Face On Fire x Ancient OG ...motherlode seeds:
Xlfu7gcl.jpg

3 Queens (White Fire OG #43 x Pre98 Bubba) ...csi humboldt:
21Ivpdtl.jpg

White Larry (The White x Larry OG) ...skunkhouse genetics:
eZeMn1Nl.jpg

Mandarina (UK Pineapple x Agent Orange) ...trichome jungle seeds:
y3Eb8qBl.jpg

Sour Mandarina x Rosewater Cookies ...trichome jungle seeds:
OI45LGYl.jpg

MCGold

Yo Shcrews! Looking good as always! Do you do requests? If so I would like to see what you can do with thugpug genetics. Everything I have seen of their genetics looks fire and I have a feeling you would do way better than most of the people I have seen growing it even in native soil! Cannot wait to see what flower time looks like this year! Cheers!!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Amazing stuff
You must wake up with a smile most days... can’t wait to see the flowers this year.
All the best

apes

You have come a long way from a few years back, looks good. What is in your supplemental feeding solution?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looking good as always budz! same with your chick :)
Are you gonna thin them out/prune or have you done so already?
We are pruning out the insides of the big plants this weekend (and most of next week). Certain strains need it more than others, depending how dense the inner growth is. I hate pruning big plants, it sucks! Contorting among the branches trying to clear space. Some plants take hours, and i'm always itchy afterward.

You have come a long way from a few years back, looks good. What is in your supplemental feeding solution?
Thanks, every year we learn a bit more and our garden looks a bit better.. looking back a few years we certainly have come a long way but it was all baby steps! We are still learning to maximize our yield-per-plant, maybe someday we will have a hillside full of 20-pounders...

Weekly foliar feed mix (per gallon of water):

-1oz AEA holomac
-1oz AEA holomic
-1oz FertiNitro plus (until flowers start to stack)
-1oz Biomin calcium
-Taino Micro5k and PZ1000 (alternating)

Weekly rootdrench mix:

-1% pacific gro
-2% molasses
-1% AEA seastim
-Tainio Pepzyme Clear
-Tainio Spectrum Extra

For pests we spray weekly with sulfur dust from june-august, then when flowering starts we switch to alternating Venerate and Grandevo every 3 days.

and thats about it. It's a very minimal feeding/ipm routine, but it works well enough if your soil is good.

Thats Urkle
Far from it dude.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Native Soil Plot

Native Soil Plot

This plot has really exceeded my expectations so far this season. Many of the plants are double the size they were last year. We've been keeping it simple, barely paid attention to this plot. The amount of potential in native soil is mind-boggling, i feel like we are just barely scraping the surface.

zvyb6Bnl.jpg

ZxeV36Sl.jpg

MGzCV8Tl.jpg

BisRXTtl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shadowcasters

Shadowcasters

Mounds are all doing great. We have been trellising and pruning almost every day for weeks, trying to maintain order. They are beasts! Here's some pics from the upper plot:

White Larry (skunkhouse genetics):
NDuqwlkl.jpg

Space Monkey (bodhi seeds):
0ZDvvWRl.jpg

Purple Sprite (motherlode seeds):
AD4YRGul.jpg