What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2019

HellaFella420

Veteran
Lol, ok then.

I sent a ton of the SD down to Sonoma/Mendo this spring, thought it might be a small world.

I'm so used to Humboldt being a shockingly small place

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Congrats Shcrews. Looks like you'll have lots of flowers for her:)
thanks ! yes, plenty of flowers for all our celebrations. and with her birthday being tomorrow we surely have much to celebrate!

How is the caterpillar situation in your parts Shcrews?

Im out every morning and takes 2+ hours to check my garden, It fucking sucks! So far i found maybe a dozen, the numbers are down from previous years

And now is the worst part of growing to me specially doing it solo, breaking down branches to hang.... Im 2 to 3 weeks out and did Sundae Driver from clone put them out June 12th because it was 95-100 degrees outside for a few days.... I would have preferred to have them in their home outside june 5-7

They were hardened off for 1 week on the side of the house before transplanting
i don't worry about caterpillars here. we have a local bird population that helps us out a lot.. every morning a big flock descends on the garden for breakfast. cat damage is minimal every year, less than 1% loss.. I do pick them off whenever I see them though.

I feel you about harvest, it's always a pain. We need to hire more help this year! It takes like 8 hours to harvest just one of our big plants. We will soon be quite busy chopping and hanging, de-leafing and freezing, plus working security detail, monitoring the drying room and binning things when they are ready,, labelling strains, managing a trim crew, etc...

Still anything is better than my first year at this place, when I broke my ankle right before harvest. I will never forget the pain of stumbling up the steep slippery hillside in the rain, weighed down with as much weed as I could carry, on a broken foot. Couldn't afford to hire any help back then either, we spent all our cash on rent and soil. We yielded a whopping 40 pounds that year!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
upper plot mounds:
5CiGmegh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Bloody Legend

Bloody Legend

from backyardfarmer.. Blood Orange Tangie x Cherry Pie x Legend OG

smells like tangerines dead-on. LOUD! louder than the tropicanna cookies..

C2Kk3Bbl.jpg

Nn1gNrNl.jpg

aUZeHKr.jpg

kbgIgKA.jpg

t7ZT4FE.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
harvest has officially begun! we are chopping plants today but the big push starts next week. Weather couldn't be better! nothing but sunny days forecasted. cheers and blessings to all my fellow ganja farmers who are preparing to wrap up the 2019 season.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
And you ' ll got a lot of trimming job

:peacock:

:biggrin:
Nope no trimming work here, we machine trim everything with our greenbroz trimmer, except for personal stash which goes into jars completely untrimmed. The machine actually does a better job than some humans do! and much faster.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looks good budz... Not so sure of the automatic trimmer though, you put all the time, energy and love into your plants to see them get butchered and your resin raped by a machine?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Looks good budz... Not so sure of the automatic trimmer though, you put all the time, energy and love into your plants to see them get butchered and your resin raped by a machine?
I don't agree. A good trimmer is awesome. There's always a bit of touchup to do depending on how you buck the buds. If you debuck with scissors you barely have any cleanup. I strip by hand so i have about 5-10% external crows feet. Cleanup is strain dependent.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
the biggest quality control issues we’ve had were with human trimmers. I’ve seen people shave buds into dust, or on the flip side sometimes people dont trim enough leaf off and i have to make them do it again.
Its also hard for us to put together a reliable group of people every year. we arent exactly in a busy area, not many workers here.

2017 we used human trimmers and it cost us over $30,000. Also had some drama with a couple of them (not work related).

2018 we got the greenbroz and trimmed our whole crop for 9k. faster too, with no drama and nobody camping at our property. And now that we already have the machine, trimming this year’s crop will cost us basically nothing.

the greenbroz machine is incredibly gentle , as long as the buds have good density and aren’t too dry it doesnt chew them up at all. You can also choose a loose trim or a close tight trim, depending how long you run it. Also you can adjust the speed to make it more or less gentle. It is quiet and reliable and works around the clock.

I will probably never hand-trim again. a lot of my headstash last year was machine trimmed, or not trimmed at all

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Smart move. All that cash, then the drama, then the quality.

What a relief.

Your plants look amazing. Nice job. Beautiful place you have too.
I'd be happy keeping all the others out and enjoying the peace.