What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Dankwolf

got it from buildasoil, i think they have a sale on white clover until the 25th.

I like the way it looks better than any other mulch, and with living mulch i dont have to worry about bringing in outside stuff, plus like you said clover is good for the soil.

The purple-stem AOG f2 is our biggest plant , she is shooting past the 7-foot cage already. To see a plant grow 5 ft in a month is impressive, and she is not just tall... her energy is incredible, you can feel it when you are in her presence. She is similar to the male that we used to make our 2017 crosses (purple sprite & direwolf). On that note, we have several Purple Sprites which are also purple-stemmed and have similar structure to the purple-stem Ancient OG. They are quite beautiful as well, and growing as one would expect.

purple-stem AOG f2:
View Image

Your AOG f2 looks identical to my affie minus the almost pefect purple stems .

Any way you are suerpassing me again this year . This 45th parallel sucks . I am looking to be around the 43 rd parallel next year if all works out . Outstanding again this props

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Beautiful farm, brother! Hard work is paying off! That's fun to watch a plant with that much vigor grow! Can't wait to see how it flowers! Ornamental hemp is coming whenever legalization goes through! Its great how we learn things every single year! Glad to hear the garden is healthy! Keep up the good work! Why mess around, be proactive! The plants feel the love! Don't blink, these gals are on the move! :biggrin: :smoke:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Looking good like always man, gonna be some monsters for sure.
Im glad to see you post, haven't heard from you in a while.
Wasn't sure if you were close to any of the fires going on.
Keep up the great work budz!

Cakeboy

Feeding the Roos
ICMag Donor

bilko

The plants in the mounds are already growing well through their cages. We have pruned them once so far, and it looks like they could use more soon.

It's been 90-100 degrees the last few days, the mounds are drying out fast in the sun with no mulch. A sprinkler system would be helpful to keep the top layer of soil moist but all we have are drip emitters so it' a constant game of keeping enough moisture on the surface without overwatering underneath. Smaller, more frequent waterings work better under these circumstances so they are getting drip daily, about 40 gallons each. ...Next year we will mulch the mounds much earlier, probably right when they get plugged.

Native Soil plot is doing great, maybe a bit hungry but that's to be expected considering how little food we have given them. At least we are pruning them this year! They look good though, tremendous even, just not as good as the mounds. I really like the native soil direct-in-ground approach. It's so simple and cheap and easy. Having strong starts is pretty crucial though... we tried planting a few clones from dark-heart directly in the ground and they have been stalled out for a month now.

Everything is pretty much cruising along. foliar spray 2x per week, rootdrench 1x per week, topdress 1x per month, prune, and trellis.... that should get us through to harvest as long as mother nature doesn't throw us a curveball. I'm looking forward to summer, our property is cleaner and better than ever and everything is getting slowly dialed in.

Ancient OG f3:
View Image

View Image

purple-stem Ancient OG f2:
View Image

Purple Sprite:
View Image

Kaya's Dream (south fork seeds)
View Image

so glad I came across this thread Shcrews fantastic work the girls look beautiful :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Looking good like always man, gonna be some monsters for sure.
Im glad to see you post, haven't heard from you in a while.
Wasn't sure if you were close to any of the fires going on.
Keep up the great work budz!

all the fires are pretty far away right now, the air is very smokey though. makes good sunsets. i'll take some pictures later if i have time. garden is looking great although a couple plants look slightly overwatered, most of them are on point.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
been 100+ degrees for a week now. the plants are blowing up! got so many strains, i'll throw up some more pics later. everything is cruising along, had some issues with overwatering on a few plants but they are bouncing back.

Ancient OG F2:
ql0FftUl.jpg

The Direwolf.. (Timberwolf x Ancient OG):
oodN6Tel.jpg

Lower plot mounds:
304K2Pnl.jpg

CZHESpIl.jpg

Upper plot mounds:
D1HnoR9l.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Native Soil Plot

Native Soil Plot

the native soil plot is doing great so far, just slightly behind the big mounds.

g1U93qPh.jpg

Cb7neX3h.jpg

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow those are filling out fast! Loving the serene pics! Thanks for sharing, Schrews!