What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2016

Reoccurring theme of your life is you identifying that you're fucking off your opportunities to be successful and get ahead. Break thebcycle

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Reoccurring theme of your life is you identifying that you're fucking off your opportunities to be successful and get ahead. Break thebcycle

what opportunities are those? cause i cant think of much right now here. feel free to get specific, i'm slow on the uptake..

i'm setting up indoors. as far as outdoors/greenhouse i'm still waiting to see what my county is goin to do with prop 64. Dont want to start a big new project because the legality is still dubious and would hate to waste all that time/work

i'm genuinely curious what you see that i dont

You said yourself, you could be testing and amending soil you could be putting up greenhouse you could be doing whatever it is you put your mind to creating. If you really feel nothing's to be done then do nothing I guess but read a few posts back where you say how much there is to do

One thing you could do is till up your native soil with some gypsum and compost to get ready to seed with cover crop to build humus in spring that way you'll actually be able to use it instead of talk about how you wished to do more with your native...

Another thing you could be doing is investing your time and money somewhere that you know what they're doing with 64/266 so you can make moves.

I think you like where you are because you can just use the excuse of waiting on them to tell you what you can do...you know there's counties already letting people do what they want right ? Have you even looked at homes there? Have you worked on your credit etc to be in a position to make moves?

Eyes gotta be wide open and head on a swivel. Always something to improve! Are you a grower or are you a smoker who grows

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
edited my post before you replied. i dont want to build stuff that i will have to tear down. i've already had the task force here multiple times on different years. I'm waiting to see how the legal situation settles.

but you're right there is work to be done. soil tests, amending, prepping..

are you suggesting to till up the native soil in between my mounds for more root space, or to start preparing a new plot in the native?

Prepare all the native in between all the mounds so your garden is like mine where you can dig down 4'+

Stop making excuses. Go somewhere they let you make big moves and put a game plan in to action or just be honest with yourself and set goals inside what you're willing to really do with your time and money

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Prepare all the native in between all the mounds so your garden is like mine where you can dig down 4'+
good idea. it's a good sign that the covercrop is already taking over those in-between spaces right?
Stop making excuses.

yah totally just making excuses here. It's not like the laws just changed or anything like that..

like i said, still waiting to see what happens here. with my luck i would move to another county right as they ban growing. again, what do you suggest?

oct

I'd love to see you buy that property you rent. You seem to be in good standing with the owner. See if he'll carry with a decent down and ballon payments over the next 5 years.

Becoming the owner of my first property was one of the happiest days of my life.

Writing on the wall for law change been there since 19 failed and colorado went Rec..Monterey, Humboldt , calaveras , Trinity are all allowing commercial cultivation. Calaveras may change their mind after what went down there last season but 3 places to go where you can make moves only your pocket and imagination will limit

EastBayGrower

Veteran
The feeling I get from schrews is that he doesnt have too much credit and liquid cash sitting around (oh except for the couple hundred pounds lol) and hes currently renting the property, so he should be able to pick up and leave pretty easily.. Thats a plus, got a decebt harvest this year, another plus, you got alot going for you, just start stacking and make a plan..

I think a good plan would be to stay there for another year renting, do 25 again, and let the counties figure out what they wabt and BUY something in a greener county, and work on that credit in the mean time, plan done

In my opinion, they wont change the medical ordinance there at all and just let mrsa take effect in 2018, it's probably a safe county to keep growing in (atleast 12 monsters) , that whole area is the new emerald triangle prob a safe bet to stay there for this upcoming season... Beyond that, who really knows, sure some counties are starting to rethink there cultivation ordinaces but that mkstly pertains to recreational, the medical stuff will prob nit change, if anything I could see some counties start to allow 3-6 plants sonce most of those ordinaces where put in place due to the may 2016 deadline, that turned out to be completely arbitrary

EastBayGrower

Veteran
And being that ur a young.guy and ur first house, you can get away with minimal amount down and bad credit, cheaper then renting and you build equity (the real key to becoming wealthy), and shit every year you coulda payed off a $150000 property and buy another the next year, you could have multiple properties in your name and more work than ur little hippy ass can handle lol

And wheres all the squishing pics!?!?! Lol how u liking the rosin press? getting my plates today and press tomorrow, cant wait...

Monterrey has always been very harsh from what I've heard, it's interesting to see them allowing commercial grows now, but like Calaveras I wonder how stable of a scene it really is there? I'm waiting to see still. It would be cheaper than rent to buy my house. But it might not be worth it in comparison to some other counties. Time and research will tell...

R

Robrites

Monterrey has always been very harsh from what I've heard, it's interesting to see them allowing commercial grows now, but like Calaveras I wonder how stable of a scene it really is there? I'm waiting to see still. It would be cheaper than rent to buy my house. But it might not be worth it in comparison to some other counties. Time and research will tell...
You had a good year. Buy the house. Move if you have to.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Writing on the wall for law change been there since 19 failed and colorado went Rec..Monterey, Humboldt , calaveras , Trinity are all allowing commercial cultivation. Calaveras may change their mind after what went down there last season but 3 places to go where you can make moves only your pocket and imagination will limit
my pocket limits things a lot more than my imagination does.

I'll look into calaveras. monterey county is pretty expensive i think, and not the best climate. Humboldt and Trinity are a bit farther north than i would like.

I'm going to my county building soon to ask what their plans are for recreational grows. not sure who to talk to but i'll just walk in and ask some questions i guess. I really dont want to move, i like my property and location and i know theres a lot of potential here but it would be stupid to stay where i'm not wanted.

Board of equalization may have some info, try calling first, and look at board of supervisor meetings for their scheduled topics, they would talk about ordinance changes if there are any

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think a good plan would be to stay there for another year renting, do 25 again, and let the counties figure out what they wabt and BUY something in a greener county, and work on that credit in the mean time, plan done
that does sound like a good plan
And being that ur a young.guy and ur first house, you can get away with minimal amount down and bad credit, cheaper then renting and you build equity (the real key to becoming wealthy), and shit every year you coulda payed off a $150000 property and buy another the next year, you could have multiple properties in your name and more work than ur little hippy ass can handle lol
yah ive been looking into that. still have a few more people to talk with.
And wheres all the squishing pics!?!?! Lol how u liking the rosin press? getting my plates today and press tomorrow, cant wait...
it's my friend's press, he made it himself and it works really well. Ive been giving him 30% for making the rosin. it's going pretty slow though, seems to take a few hours to squish a pound (prepping, squishing, collecting..)I like the rosin a lot, doesnt seem as terpy as BHO but the solventless aspect is cool. I dont know if i'll take many squish pictures it's not as interesting to me as ganja

As Tess said, Board Of Supervisors is who to look at most likely. Thats who turned us on our heads in the span of about six months here in Placer.

Been looking at property down your way lately.

Placer is upping enforcement next year looks like sheriffs and code enforcement are getting a boost

Calaveras is iffy right now because their new BOS and sheriff are both said to be on the antiweed wagon so it's hard to say how long the "lets help rebuild calaveras" vibe is going to last. The asshole sheriffs even busted a big licensed grow there and its in the courts hands now

The BOE where I'm at has spoken in favor but Placerville just banned within city limits.

El Dorado and Nevada County are heavy on my radar as well. That would be the easiest transition for me.

Sanoma is permitting but land is really expensive.

TheOutlawTree

Monterey is really expensive... not much real estate available. Heard of a lease situation over there but very pricey. Probably worth it though

Humboldt is expensive as well... and good luck finding a grandfathered / pre existing farm where you can grow the bigger sq foot canopy's like 20k-40+k. If your buying virgin farm land in humboldt and it has the right zoning for a grow the most you can get is 10k sq ft. If you want to be compliant next year your grow permit needs to be in by the new year...shitty.

I havent looked into mendo or trinity... whats the deal there? I thought mendo was going back to the zip tie program so you can do 99 plants per parcel depending on acreage with no sq ft requirements? That sounds nice to me but not sure if its true.

Placer county is going to be interesting next year, its a different animal than any other ban county because its got a lot more tax revenue, and is about to take 850k out of general fund for extra enforcement...but that isnt really that much considering one of the county supervisors said it went from 4000 to somewhere around 6000 grows from last season to this season.

I like nevada county.... The sheriffs office is looney / hardcore anti- cannabis but theres so many growers, and so many neighborhood grow's that keep them busy with complaints. I've heard of lots and lots of people not having any problems there last year or this year despite more fly over's and maybe a note left on the gate from code enforcement...some got the tape for note that had cartoon flying pigs on it. County workers / majority of people there dont support the sheriff's behavior. 59% vs 41% in favor of NOT banning at the june vote... one of the rare county's in the sierra's where growers actually came together and shot down a ban. Current ordinance is shitty sq ft rules.... they say you can grow 25 plants if your on 20+ acres but only allow 1000sq ft for them. Hard to believe the supervisors are still so restrictive despite that vote in june, but they dont seem like the brightest group of supervisors and their older in age so it makes sense.

Southern oregon sounds nice too... I've never been up there personally but going up there first week in january to check it out. I've talked with several real estate agents who claim its really easy to make the transition to OR and be compliant quickly.

best of luck to everyone in finding a spot for next season!