What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Landrace Indica commercially available

Sorry, off topic for the thread, but why would one treat with colchicine to get a polyploid?
The legend (myth) is that creating polyploids can result in plants with monster vigor and copious amounts of THC and potency. I doubt any of the famous strains are polyploid so it's very likely just a myth.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
So what are we going by to define what makes a potent Indica? The measured cannabinoid profile/ratios? The exact effect or high felt?

For me personally, a potent Indica is one with an extremely relaxing and euphoric buzz. Something that is heavily sedating and makes you pass completely out. I have very bad insomnia and for me a strain like that would be a game changer. From what I hear most people describe this type of bud as very boring and undesirable. I imagine most would try to breed away from these effects. I would personally breed towards them to help myself and others.

Any opinions?

'Boogieman'

Go ahead and buy Bangi Haze from ACE, which is NL x Congo x mexi x affy x white widow.... but dont ever think or pass it off as being Congo landrace x Nepalese landrace.

Damn is this true? Im rowing bangi haze outdoor this year im a sativa guy wish I knew this but still have hope for sativa effects from the reviews.

burningfire

Veteran
I hear this counter argument all too often, like every time.

But what you dont realize is that these Landraces are safe and are being preserved, in private communities.
So no need to pass them out to everyone and Im sorry you dont understand the point of not selling them.

Also, Im sorry you dont understand the importance of keeping these landraces out of the hands of those who would patent them, like corporations, thus making most hybrids fall under their patent.

ACE is shady as fuck, sorry that you havent been keepingup on wjat Musta and I have been saying.
Reeferman too. He sold Congo that is really NL x Congo x mexi x affy but said its Congo landrace.

Only those who know, know.

The level of entitlement - everyone thinking they have the right to be sold or given landraces - is beyond tiring.

Feel free to pay a lot of momey for Coastal's Panama hybrid x hashplant that he calls a Panama landrace.

Maybe you dont understand the detriment that placing monetary value on landraces has on the purity of landraces. By making landraces valuable, it gets shady people to take a hybrid and sell it as a landrace, thus muddying the genetic pool.

Go ahead and buy Bangi Haze from ACE, which is NL x Congo x mexi x affy x white widow.... but dont ever think or pass it off as being Congo landrace x Nepalese landrace.

Ive got a lot of enemies in the community for taking genetic purity so seriously, but you know who's not my enemy? The plant.

Good luck on your journey

Did ace know what the Congo they were getting was? even if Ace murdered puppies I would believe them over anything Reeferman said or did.

I wouldn't call them shady, it's usually clear what the types of genetics they are offering, they are not in the landrace game, they are clear about that.

the panama is clearly sold as an hybrid of panamanian strains, I see no mention of it being a landrace.

Easy7

Veteran
Land race is sorta misleading. Humans have been messing with plants and cannabis for ages. They could farm wild for awhile then it kinda goes wild again, then farm it again.

Like afghans, those are very worked. I'd bet a lot of the indian, nepal, and pakistani are worked as well. It's just it as harder for people eons back. Who knows how much lost? Alot of african is also worked.

I don't think older humans were as attached to cannabis. It was not as politically motivated. Or even entirely religious. But there are elements of religon. Opium was far more political.

burningfire

Veteran
Land race is sorta misleading. Humans have been messing with plants and cannabis for ages. They could farm wild for awhile then it kinda goes wild again, then farm it again.

Like afghans, those are very worked. I'd bet a lot of the indian, nepal, and pakistani are worked as well. It's just it as harder for people eons back. Who knows how much lost? Alot of african is also worked.

I don't think older humans were as attached to cannabis. It was not as politically motivated. Or even entirely religious. But there are elements of religon. Opium was far more political.

It's seem there's no consensus on what constitutes a landrace, to me a landrace is something that has been grown in the same area. I don't know what the cutoff time is.. 30,50,100 years? everything is an hybrid if you really think about it.. a landrace is just something that has been grown in a certain part of the world for which it has acclimatized to the climate and soil.

a landrace crop should have high genetic variation to ensure survival.. the only seedbank to me that truly sells some landrace seeds is The real seed company at the moment.. other seedbanks are selling Heirloom seeds, even the real seed company sells heirlooms.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
It's seem there's no consensus on what constitutes a landrace, to me a landrace is something that has been grown in the same area. I don't know what the cutoff time is.. 30,50,100 years? everything is an hybrid if you really think about it.. a landrace is just something that has been grown in a certain part of the world for which it has acclimatized to the climate and soil.

a landrace crop should have high genetic variation to ensure survival.. the only seedbank to me that truly sells some landrace seeds is The real seed company at the moment.. other seedbanks are selling Heirloom seeds, even the real seed company sells heirlooms.

My understanding is that a landrace is seeds/plants that have grown in their native environemnt , for ages without any kind of human interjection. Where as 'heirloom" are landraces that have been worked by the natives of the area, and bred to their liking/goals. No external modern cannabis genetics injected into the gene-pool. That's what I think of when i hear landrace and heirloom.

Damn is this true? Im rowing bangi haze outdoor this year im a sativa guy wish I knew this but still have hope for sativa effects from the reviews.
Personally I am inclined to trust Ace above certain individuals who seem to have their own agenda, one which is clearly focused on defaming a specific seed company.

Illuminate

Keyboard Warrior
Veteran
I thought swt4 from sotf was bunk but i only had one so not hatin, it didnt stick around much i dont think.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I recently grew LA Conf, sweet tooth, and maple leaf. None were top shelf like years ago

You have any pics of that L.A. Con ? I had one like 5-6 years ago, that was some for the best smoke I have found from seed. Didn't yield for shit, but it was super potent.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
You have any pics of that L.A. Con ? I had one like 5-6 years ago, that was some for the best smoke I have found from seed. Didn't yield for shit, but it was super potent.

I have pictures of the new ones somewhere. They are not labeled though. They were taller then the older ones, and the plants look totally different. Both were from Barneys.

Here is the older one from about 8-9 years ago. Dense wonderful tasting afghan phenol. Ultra strong
picture.php

tcherno

Hi

JGL is STILL PART of USC, he grow/breed his own seeds, i make mine .... Stop with that !
He doesn't want to communicate anymore, i understand why now ....

I don't know this Russian crew or this guy "Simon", i have never been on the vibes collective and i have not been on cbg forum since many years ... I have never trade seeds there !

"Afghan Kandahar heirlooms" were the seeds name, old landrace seeds from a Danish guy, i have never heard of "black Kandahar" or something like that .....
Unless it's a strange coincidence, I do not see how it would be theirs.

For uzbeka yes it's from lmn, no problem with that, but I've never been told not to work them for maybe market them

I have tested this seeds, and i have worked on a lot generation/years cause they have something of "special"
More advanced work and more she had this side bubblegum (they did not have it at all at the beginning) that's why i have called them "ouzbek pink Malabar"

I'm not really stupid ... IF i had used the seeds of this "russian crew" for the black Afghani and IF I did not want to make the connection between Ouzbek and uzbeka, it's easy I would have called them Afghani and bubblegum ..... Like a lot, a lot of seeds bank ...

I'm not here to make money on peoples, lol, i just want share good genetics/seeds ....

If i want make money i can sell WEED it's more easier and faster, i take more risk to work on seeds for many months/years ..... And in 3 months i can win more than in one years with seeds ....

You trust what you want, but I can not let it be said that i'm a thief or liar ....

I know cannabis world is the worse but all peoples are not bad ...

Ciao

Good courage not to pass for a myhtomaniac in more of a thief, because there your toasted everywhere, especially in France since yesterday you make much speak about you...