What's new

Mosca Negra's C99 BX1 - 400w Cabinet Grow by GrnMtnGrwr

gdbud

I would wait until they show sign of drying before I would water them. But what do I know mine are always in water.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I would wait until they show sign of drying before I would water them. But what do I know mine are always in water.

Yeah that was my original plan and I'm sticking to that part at least. I got some Maxicrop for foliar feeding, but I think I'm just going to stick with the Dutchmaster Penetrator and Liquid Light. I'm thinking about adding some Maxicrop to my veg nutes for a little bit extra. :chin:

gdbud

I seen some bad pictures of leaf damage from water sitting on the leaf under the lights so I did not use any foliar feed on my grow, But that is me. I also see that a lot of people using with out damage.
The only thing that I'm using is Floranova Grow, Bloom and Hygrozyme since this is my first grow I wanted to keep it simple so that I would have a base to see how other additive perform in future grows.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Yeah this will be my first venture into foliar feeding. It's a pretty basic recipe to follow, and I've got a good pressurized mister to use it with. Every review from growers that knew how to grow prior to using this product, were positive. When it's used with unhealthy plants and in a poor environment, it seems to make problems worse. I was hoping to have a pretty clean run, and so far things are going according to plan. If things continue going at the current rate I should be foliar feeding within a week. I will be taking lots of pictures. :biggrin:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I'm looking at the calendar and I think I'm going to flip on March 1st. Hopefully they'll be at 6-7 nodes at that point, but we'll see how they're looking and go from there. That would put harvest right around 4/26, being 55 days. They will be flowered 3 weeks from sprouting, will that cause flowering to be longer or should they be mature at that point? Time to go re-read some BX-1 grow threads...

Well this is what it's gonna be. Top after the 6th node, remove lower 3 nodes, leaving 6 tops per plant. Wait until the following Monday, and put into 12/12.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Ac|d - I sure am! :biggrin:

Here's a picture of them right before I watered them today, and a close up of #3, the variegated one. It looks like it's continuing with the new leaves, though maybe not as intense. I wonder how it will look as it continues to grow... :chin:

G

Ganja D

Looks fine to me, could be slight over watering?
Let em get nice and dry next time and go light on nutes just incase. You in straight coco?(ph?)
Glad to see it's going well. Bump!

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Yeah you're probably right. Man, I don't know how much drier I can go without hurting them, but it looks like you're right, they should pick up a bit tomorrow. I really need to get a syringe though... :chin:

The growing medium is 70% Coco, 30% Perlite. They were germinated in starter cells with pure coco, but each trasnplant will be into 70% Coco, 30% Perlite.

I mixed up the remaining nute mix from 2 days ago and it was at 6.0 PH. I left it at that and watered them all until I saw runoff, then soaked up the excess. I was worried the standing water would lead to overwatering, I hadn't considered the roots hadn't gotten large enough to take a full watering. :dunno:

I'm going to finally get my inner ventilation in there tonight, it should do good. :yes:

Pictures to come soon...

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
I finally took the 10 minutes to wire up the PC fans and zip tie them to the shower rod to provide some additional air movement. This should make them a little tougher. It's a light breeze, definitely shouldn't cause any problems.

kushforlife

HI GrnMtn dam you have a good thread going! cant wait to see them put on some resin best of luck! i will be watchiinnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Alright... here's a quick shot of the cabinet, the detailed updates will be on Mondays. They're already drying out pretty quickly... :badday:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran

I wasn't planning on watering tonight but if I didn't they would've looked much worse in the morning, and I don't feel like subjecting them to any unnecessary stress.

I just gave them a slightly less than recommended dose of Maxibloom, PHed to 5.5

JWP

I thought with them still being in those lil containers you might have taken them to the bath or shower for a watering so you didnt get run off over the place. looks like you have the cab waterproofed though ;)

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Yeah this wasn't a planned watering so I just left them in there. I put about 3/4 of a keg cup through each of them, then tossed a towel in to absorb the excess. Quick and easy, definitely less work than carrying them across the apartment.