What's new

Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

Love2herb

After being free of it for years it ended up showing its ugly face in my garden the other day. .Dumped the two infected praying it did not reach the other ladies...

Dkgrower

Veteran
Did any of u send in a sample to test if its TMV, i read some where that the plants that where tested came out negativ on TMV ?????

Love2herb

Everyone says tmv ... its not tmv i bought the test myself, not one person tested positive. we know its a virus jus might be one not named yet. soo much people would tell me its ph its this its that. then when they woult take a cut and try and show me its not a virus their two months later whole crops ruined...

RetroGrow

Veteran
it is real and really ruining crops and seeds, it is easy to tell because there is no way to get rid of it. might not be tmv but it is a disease , ive seen it in about five grows calmag might help but your plants will never grow as vigorous or healthy as before.

It's not a disease. It's broad mites. They are microscopic. I thought I had TMV or another virus for 3 years until I got a microscope. Now, I can see the enemy.
Until you get a microscope, you are flying blind/guessing. Once you scope some of the affected leaves (cut them off first), you will see the eggs on the undersides.

sednal

100% agree with RetroGrow, break out the scope and look at that leaves curled up and eventually you will see broad mites, before that you will see eggs on underside. I actually bet 25 cents that youl find these translucent fuckers...on your plants.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RetroGrow is totally right

that's why i suggest aloe {same as for aspirin/triggers plants immune response} + camphor foiliars &/or neem foliars {kills the mites/slows them down}

that's an organic solution ~others suggest alternative solutions

It's not a disease. It's broad mites. They are microscopic. I thought I had TMV or another virus for 3 years until I got a microscope. Now, I can see the enemy.
Until you get a microscope, you are flying blind/guessing. Once you scope some of the affected leaves (cut them off first), you will see the eggs on the undersides.

I've had the TMV like symptoms since around 2007 on my 1st OG kush clone way before the broadmite epidemic... All Legit OG kushes I've came across over the years had the TMV thing going on some more than others.. Same with The White clone and Chem D...

Even most of white fire beans I popped from OGR will show the TMV like symptoms if they get hungry and as they get older, same with most CHEM D hybirds... So this is passed on through seed.. It shows up more when they are low on Mag.. I can assure you most TMV like symptoms you see is not always broadmites..

Broadmites started to hit peoples gardens hard not to long ago I'd say around 2010/11... With the help of progressive options, other dispensaries and people sharing infected cuts...

A broadmite damage and TMV like symptoms look alike and it may be hard to tell the difference, but for the trained eye its easy to spot... And its best to scope it if you recently (last 3 years or so) acquired your clones and don't know the source personally..

The difference is plants that are infected with broads will end up turning into hemp, But with the TMV infected plants you can harvest dank with very little problem..

Less than a month ago SCLABS in cali developed the ability to test for TMV, and after speaking to them for quite some time they did confirm multiple samples tested positive for the TMV...

The test is $100 +$30 if you need to arrange them to pick up the tissue sample.. They say their test is a lot more accurate then the TMV test strips you can buy online....

I'm going to send in samples very soon myself to see if this is indeed what the Chem D, The White, And OG's have.. Speaking to the lab tech its very likely it is a virus...

Peace!

Thomas Paine

Veteran
re:

re:

The damage looks 100% like what tarsonemid mites (polyphagotarsonemus latus) do to a plant when they inject their phytotoxins while eating.

before the broadmite epidemic

They have always been around, been major problems for Strawberry farmers and Cyclamen growers for decades.

They stated being identified as problems in cannabis due to the huge influx of new growers and the increased use of cloned material rather than seed stock.

------------

There has been a fluctuation of posts regarding “TMV/Virus/Disease” related issues hitting various cannabis cultivation forums in 2011. We thought we would share all of the information we, and our friend Oswizzle have managed to gather regarding those issues.
Although this was a new problem to Southern California, this issue has been commonly occurring in Northern California and other parts. The issues initially started in late 2009 where a large amount of forum subscribers on” ICMAG” and other dominant forums began posting a new plant “virus” they couldn’t deal with. These so called “Virus” scares commonly turned out to be “Broad Mites”. As this was a new issue at the time, we’ve collected an extensive amount of information and thought we’d share it with our members and patients.

Many of these signs are being associated with TMV/CMV (Tobacco/Cucumber Mosaic Virus), we personally warn against this train of thought due to the lack of respected sources (i.e. reputable scientifically thorough organizations). None have stated discovery that TMV/CMV exists in Cannabis Plants, we went forth and studied “Infected plants” brought to us by members and found results that state similarly, no TMV/CMV has been discovered, at least not in the plants individuals assumed were infected. From the tests we, and our personal friends conducted (with a scientific approach / tools) no signs leaning towards TMV were found, only a variety of mites and nutrient / genetic related issues.

Source: EXAMINING BROAD MITES:
http://pogenetics.com/?page_id=389

Smakki

Yes I also strongly believe it is broad mites or root aphids or whatever it is, but not TMV.
Quite a lot of those so-called TMV-pics you find are actually just showing deficiencies or overwatering.

We also had those symptoms and nearly flipped out because of all those threads about TMV. the leaves "shrink", they look wrinkled, burnt, twisted, damaged..properly treated and everything's back to normal, though the damaged leaves don't recover as expected.
Trust me if we took photos this would've been seen as picture-perfect TMV..which it wasn't.
Get some abamectin or whatever helps.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Broadmites started to hit peoples gardens hard not to long ago I'd say around 2010/11... With the help of progressive options, other dispensaries and people sharing infected cuts...
The difference is plants that are infected with broads will end up turning into hemp, But with the TMV infected plants you can harvest dank with very little problem..
Less than a month ago SCLABS in cali developed the ability to test for TMV, and after speaking to them for quite some time they did confirm multiple samples tested positive for the TMV...

The test is $100 +$30 if you need to arrange them to pick up the tissue sample.. They say their test is a lot more accurate then the TMV test strips you can buy online....
Broads have been around for a thousand years. They are only becoming epidemic in cannabis in recent years because of the tremendous increase in growers and the sharing of clones. Broad/cyclamen mites will destroy your plants, whereas TMV, being extremely rare in cannabis, will do no harm. Plants grow out of it.
I'm sure companies will gladly take your $100 to "test" them, and I'm also convinced that 99% of those would be negative, and even if the plant does have it, it's basically a non-issue. So why would I send money to these guys?
If you think you have TMV symptoms, invest that $100 in a microscope, and see your enemies.

sunset limited

Veteran
i'm just curious. has anyone reading this thread ever produced a positive immunoassay test for TMV in cannabis? has anyone even seen one that someone else has? anyone? i'd like to see one is all.

is this a Mosaic Virus?

is this a Mosaic Virus?

hey guys
this is so hard for me
please help!
wtf is this?
these r clones

Attachments

• PC190380.jpg
    PC190380.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 31
  • PC190382.jpg
    PC190382.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 29
  • PC190383.jpg
    PC190383.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 28

sunset limited

Veteran
hope your rite
thnx for your responce

i don't think you understand.

1. now read the broad mite thread to get an idea what you're up against. it's long. and there's at least as much bullshit and trolling in there as there is good information.

2. then kill those clones and everything else in your room that may have been affected, nuke the place, and start anew, cursing the name of the person who passed this plague off on you the whole damn time.

3. my condolences. welcome to the world of invisible plague that stays wrecking your plants for months, sometime years after the actual critters have been eridacated. it's nature's 'fuck you' that keeps on giving.

DarthFader1

Veteran
Ok, i have read all 46 pages of this thread over the past couple days along with every other thread about so called "TMV"

Ive just had an entire room of blue kush clones come down with some mystery something shortly after transplanting into 3gallons of soil. Its a complete mystery to me as ive never had any issues like this before and nothing has changed about this run in terms of soil mix, lights etc, its all the same.

Im extremely wary of posting any pics of this up in here as the truth seems to be, NO ONE even fking knows whats going on. Last thing i need is a bunch of tard micro growers telling me its this and then its that.

Cabron, you are a fking idiot btw. Dominating this thread telling everyone that the way you see it is correct for like 44 pages, then you SUDDENLY change your tune and now its broad mites. Fking pathetic, so much misinformation in this thread, not just from you either a bunch of peeps were doing it.

Ive spent ALOT of time looking for broad mites also through a 45x microscope but i cannot see anything resembling a mite. Im going to buy a stronger microscope today and try again.

I will keep this updated as the discolouration in my leaves happened extremely fast and resembles a few pics posted up here. I will get to the bottom of this im determined. Plants are in veg currently and are growing very vigorously, but im very concerned about flowering now. Only time will tell.

More updates soon and i may post up some pics of this later if i feel in the mood

cheers
darth

p.s I just did a foliar drench last nite with aspirin before Retro or anyone else chimes in telling me to do this. This thread is kinda awesome BUT incredibly frustrating at the same time. Motherf****** need to shut their mouths with their big fat stupid uneducated opinions imo

that is all
darth

DarthFader1

Veteran
Just wanted to share my recent experience. I moved, as in my entire operation, to another property. Cleaned everything. New beans. New tent.

Well, I found about half of my new sprouts with signs of streak discoloration and some plants with the characteristic twisted leaves. Fuck. How do we overcome this?

View Image

This leaf here is EXACTLY my symptoms.

I definitely don't have broad mites or any mites for that matter. Ive had leaves under a powerful microscope i just bought today and there is nothing. As i suspected i might add. I knew it was not going to be pests. This happened so fast to every plant in the room at exactly the same time. It didn't "spread" It was just there all of a sudden. My thoughts were initially light stress as i had 600w a bit close (but not really that close), but since backed it off as a precaution and the new growth is doing the same thing. Another really weird thing is that like i said in post above this thing attacked a room full of blue kush clones, BUT i had one large mother plant in there that was totally unaffected, also blue kush. What does this all mean???

What the heck is this??????? My plants are growing exactly the same as previous runs with the same vigour etc, but has this mosaic shit all over them. I really wish i knew what this was man o man im completely stumped

I would really like to hear from the BOG man himself regarding this. If somebody reads this and knows him can they please pm him and ask him to reply in this thread.

cheers
darth