Mosaic Virus in Cannabis pics

Cabron

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

R

Raw_Dog

That looks to me like Cyclamin mites... Not mosiac virus. Maybe I'm wrong but I had that and treated my plants with cyclamen mite solution (?) and my problem was solved. The mites are invisible to the naked eye and only eat new growth. Cyclamen mites vs Broad mites, same thing mites that don't give a shit about your average miticide.

R

Raw_Dog

The solution is Magus and Pylon... Now get back to work.

Keep buying that Ocean Forest and keep having the same problem. Ocean Forest equals mites, root aphids, and whatever else that can take out your room. Peace.

Cabron

Veteran
Mods or admin please delete this whole sticky ....

or rename it to mite damage etc..

This is no virus at all ,,,
It is indeed an unseen mite as dog has stated
I have found the lil bastards with a 30x loupe lastnite

This whole thread is misleading ,there is no virus in my plants
avid has already brought about a complete turnaround....

Dr. D

Veteran
I wouldnt be so sure Cabron, i have all of these symptoms and no mites, i know they cause they leaf curl in new growth that you posted but the other symptoms?

Cabron

Veteran
I wouldnt be so sure Cabron, i have all of these symptoms and no mites, i know they cause they leaf curl in new growth that you posted but the other symptoms?

ohh it's mites D trust me ..
It wasnt easy for me to have to admit I was wrong
but its a fact ...

please research the tell tale damage of these lil shits when they attack new tip growth ..

the brown to tan chalky death ,the stunted growth
all the symptoms are matching ..
I can no longer deny it ,especially when I keep getting it after
new bags of soil are broken open and a shit ton of fungus gnats accompany this infection ...it's because the fungus gnat larvae and the mite eggs are infested in the facking soils today ..

I found the mites all over my plants with a 30X loupe ..

problem solved..
I was in denial of spider mites all the while ,,well it sure wasnt the two spotted borg because he is gigantic compared to these lil bastards ..

http://www.entomology.wisc.edu/insectid/insect_info.php?180

http://www.cleveland.com/insideout/index.ssf/2010/08/broad_mites_to_blame_for_damag.html

Attachments

• broad-mites-peppers-osu-extensionjpg-b56b39a40834db03_large.jpg
    broad-mites-peppers-osu-extensionjpg-b56b39a40834db03_large.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 30
  • post-1866-0-37810600-1314284500_thumb.jpg
    post-1866-0-37810600-1314284500_thumb.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 25

MildeStoner

Veteran
WTF, so because YOU had mites TMV doesn't exist any more and the thread should be deleted? Makes no sense to me buddy

Cabron

Veteran
WTF, so because YOU had mites TMV doesn't exist any more and the thread should be deleted? Makes no sense to me buddy

No pal ....

Because I am the OP I created this thread
and because it wasnt a mosaic virus to begin with ..

This whole thread has more people confused than anything,and most here isn't a virus and assuredly mites are to blame for much

Just to show how totally out of touch most are in this thread
you even come off with the TMV crap ...
This thread isn't about TMV but mosaic viruses in general and there are multitudes..

But for some reason tmv has been the focus here ..

so take a pill and relax a bit ..

MildeStoner

Veteran
Makes a bit more sense then ;) I have a mate who recently mistook broad mites for TMV on his moms, easy mistake to make.
I'd rather smoke a cheese if its all the same to you...

Cabron

Veteran
Makes a bit more sense then ;) I have a mate who recently mistook broad mites for TMV on his moms, easy mistake to make.

I'd rather smoke a cheese if its all the same to you...

LOL that's fine mate ..
Wish ya the best .

I read through alot of pages of. This thread and the feel i get. From it
Is it has spawned more confusion than anything and i feel somewhat
Responsible ..

I don't expect this thread to be removed ..its their site
But an attempt to at least clear the air a bit is good.

MildeStoner

Veteran
Yeah, ideally the information should be split up, lots of the "TMV" stuff in here is mites for sure, but I think some members will find it relevant.
Bless

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Please leave the thread as is and maybe alter the title.

I have definitely learned from this thread and now realize that what I saw as mosaic was most likely one old case of true mosaic virus ( who know what sort), an occasional bunch of broad mites (tiny mutha's they are!) including a very recent bunch of cuts down the tube because of these bastards AND an occasional wierd bacterial infection from the water where I have been staying. I even saw mates plants today and recognised the symptoms and on further inspection saw the fuckers and pointed them out to him. He had been wondering and couldn't find his cause...

That said, I can now see how similar the symptoms are of the two but still maintain that my mother that previously was infected with mosaic, was. The mottling of the mosaic on fan leaves is quite more severe while not affecting the growth tips as much. Also it seems as though the broad mites inhibit terpenes, trichome and flower production while the mosaic affects flower production and general health more and terpenes and trichomes less. But this was no scientific observation, just my guess based on what I saw. There could as always been other factors at play.

So onto the mite bastards.. If one cannot get avid will neem work? Gonna check up on that..

RetroGrow

Veteran
No pal ....

This whole thread has more people confused than anything,and most here isn't a virus and assuredly mites are to blame for much

Just to show how totally out of touch most are in this thread
you even come off with the TMV crap ...
This thread isn't about TMV but mosaic viruses in general and there are multitudes..

But for some reason tmv has been the focus here ..

Agree totally! Had same issues for three years until I found the real cause. TMV is not that devastating to cannabis, and they usually grow out of it. I believe most cases of TMV are broad/cyclamen mites.

I am sorry that I have no time to read 43 pages now but it is enlightening from page 1.
I have had symptoms like this, but can't say for sure it is one thing or not another. Your pics help but still to me as a non-expert one problem looks like another which looks like another and I just throw everything I got at it and hope for the best! TMV in eggplant I have had outdoors is a lot easier to diagnose and it slows the harvest and impedes it but does not usually cancel it out completely. If you have no idea what it is and it could be TMV what can you throw at it? thanks