What's new

Tom Hill Haze

StickyBandit

@StickyBandit I remember him saying he didn't do any real selections. He wanted to keep it the same as what he started with.
Yep, ok (y) I plan on doing that initially then trying selection after, I'd like to cover the bases. I thought he said chances of selection working were mathematically slim and many people had tried it? not that it will stop me trying also :p

StickyBandit

what if they all don’t start dropping pollen at the same time do you collect sweep it up 1 week with like a little broom , then when those males have opened up cull, then wait for later males to open up collect sweep , cull then mix it all in a sack and dust?
I'll wait for them to all be dropping pollen in full swing at the same time and start collecting then, maybe top the tallest to keep them all a similar height depending on the differences

Limeygreen

Veteran
All I do is take the male branches with flowers I want, bring them to a separate area usually under floros. Put tin foil down and put the branches in vases or jars with water, spreading them around the ends, let the pollen drop and mix it all together, if one is earlier then the pollen sits while the others come and mix it all together. Works really well when you need more space from removing the males and then you can control pollinate everything.

LostTribe

Premium user
I'll wait for them to all be dropping pollen in full swing at the same time and start collecting then, maybe top the tallest to keep them all a similar height depending on the differences
Bend them gently or LST and tie over over the course of a few days over the top of something you can collect it easy off of like glass or a tub top upside down, a bunch of parchement paper, even glossy cardboard box flattened down.

Depends on the individuals some may give off some traits but for the most part you should mix as many as possible. For the lines sake and for your own enjoyment it gives the most possibilites and greatest chance that one of the combinations will fire.

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
Look at the leaf shape

mine is not Haze ;)
blades-3-jpg.18998962

windmills

Yep, ok (y) I plan on doing that initially then trying selection after, I'd like to cover the bases. I thought he said chances of selection working were mathematically slim and many people had tried it? not that it will stop me trying also :p

It was on this forum, or possibly on another forum we both frequent, where Tom stated that after he popped the last group and they were in bags that he did minimal culling at all. He kept everything that wasn't sickly, even observed herm's. He did so, just as you have discussed: To keep as broad a genetic pool as possible. He did state that he trimmed back some of the herm's, and possibly some less desirable males, but that everything was kept alive to contribute to the pool (remember: a lot of what Tom posted on this thread was nearly whole page modded at different times).

Someone may have send me a pm, or perhaps discussed it on a thread I was participating (or lurking) on, that this selection philosophy may have been his inclination due to the outdoor work that he did in nature. In any event, it seems to make total sense if one views it in such manner. Personally, as others are here, I am a big advocate of open pollination with the largest gene pool your area will hold. Due to the trickle down effects of prohibition, we have small gene pools to work with now anyways. Best of luck to you. Peace

AmericanFarmer

yes, I thought he was refering to that and had this picture of a freak pheno in my gallery.

you can distinct what's Haze, due to number of fingers, shape.
mine is pure Thai and lacks the Lumbo/SA traits in comparison.
Hello brother, Hahahaha! .
Wow thank you for educating me with the HAZE fingers and shape of leaf description.
I had a feeling it was some kind of Asian variety. To be very honest I was thinking it was some kind of old Vietnamese line.
🙏🏻

AmericanFarmer

But also I believe you said “It’s NOT haze” so that’s why I started thinking what I was. Never mind I understand I believe what your saying. It’s PURE THAI line not HAZE correct? Because most haze lines is a 3-4 way cross mainly from central - South America right? Sorry I just woke up and I’m still NOT fully awake 5:09 am here. 🙏🏻💙🙏🏻

Last edited:

Hmong

Veteran
@AmericanFarmer thanks for the love, yet I'm also just another student trying to learn.
not stating any facts here, rather my observations and theories.

I have never grown THH specifically before, but many different Landraces. So I seen a lot of "untarished/unworked" traits, which modern hybrids are often discussed over.

hope that makes sense? I'm not native English and also high as fuck, while currently in trim jail, apologies 😅

full

It’s PURE THAI line not HAZE correct? Because most haze lines is a 3-4 way cross mainly from central - South America right?

exactly, mostly a "best of Lumo" from what I've learned over the past years.
which makes sense, historically, just by the looks of it and the whole frankincese conversation imho

and after years of reading in this thread, I'm still confused what THH is really about? 😂

since there was Thai conversation lately, I thought I throw that in for some reference

Hmong

Veteran
I had a feeling it was some kind of Asian variety. To be very honest I was thinking it was some kind of old Vietnamese line.

in the end these borders are all man made and "Sa" has been around long before some fat cats drew lines on maps.
but some tell me it's "Thai" over here, but it's "Laos" right across the river? makes no sense

we simply use country names to distinquish, but in the end it all comes down to growing location, environmental factors, epigenetics, difference of highland and lowland all that.

it's was all the same "herb" originally, growing everywhere, then prohibition created all the different heirlooms, simply by bottlenecking populations times a billion and future inbreeding in fixed environments.

AmericanFarmer

No problem brother! 🙏🏻💙

I have never grown THH either but madmac , and ALL these awesome HAZE freaks make me want to! I’m ALMOST ready to trade ALL my snow high gear for some HAZE!!!! I’ve got the HAZE virus now!!!!!and haven’t even smoked any hell I may get it and not even like it?! 😂just kidding I think that’s what so intriguing about it is I may like it so much I won’t want to grow anything eles but we have similar interests! 🙏🏻👊🏻

Hahahahahaha that’s some really nice looking flower!!! I wish I could be in trim jail with you 😂 good job on that ( what strain are you trimming?)

Me too bro I’ve been reading in sever forum communities for a year or so trying to educate myself on THH and the other hazes ! I’m going to have to get serveral different lines of Haze beans to play with there’s some nice members here who are going to send me a few to play with. To which I’m very grateful 😇

Lastly I’m glad you posted that picture it’s very thought provoking on just exactly how Haze was bred to this point. Definitely from what I’ve learned so far is out of ALL the best haze the ONE that outshines them ALL is THH due to the Thai. Whoever was smart enough to throw Thai in it ALL those years ago deserves a gold medal! 👍🏼

Nice to meet you brother!
Respectfully
AF

Hmong

Veteran
nice to meet you too, brother

what strain are you trimming?)

that's the Thai shown, crossed with an Indica.
Hmong Hilltribe x Pakistan Chitral Kush f1

making a true 50/50 hybrid, ran some production with a selected cut, for nice pictures and everything.

the high is not much Indica though, it mainly added the resin and cut flowering time in half.
still adding a nice ceiling, so you can find a good sleep by the end of the day.
pure Thai was always disco weed for me

I’ve got the HAZE virus now!!!!!and haven’t even smoked any hell I may get it and not even like it?!
I’m going to have to get serveral different lines of Haze beans to play with there’s some nice members here who are going to send me a few to play with. To which I’m very grateful 😇

firstly enjoy the growing in a legal framework, is what I would say to that^^
just by chance I assume it applies to your home state

it's still a struggle for some of us, so enjoy whatever beans find your way, grow them with intent and don't let peoples generosity vanish in your refrigeration device ;)

about liking Haze, what's your experience with South American? growing/smoking?

AmericanFarmer

It’s legal In my state (federally) to receive cannabis seed in the mail. Just not legal to germinate 😜

I will do my best , not to do what you mentioned, I understand I’m very blessed , I know here in America many years ago there’s people that were handed life in prison for a cannabis joint. In other countries may get you executed over this beautiful plant 🌱 🤷‍♂️

I’ve grown some Mr.Greengenes 1979 Cherry bomb aka Maui Wowie IBL which is mostly Central American ( Mexican to be exact) really pleasant smoke in my opinion.

I primarily grew up on Mexican brick weed as a adolescent.

Have many other central and South American lines to explore.

Congratulations on your Hybrid looks really good. 👍🏼

Really a pleasure to meet you as well brother.

Latest posts

Latest posts