What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

G

I never cave to feeding plants.....lol...

So here is the new mix....

All waterings should be PH between 6.3 and 6.7 for best results....

1 bag of Ocean Forest
1 bag of Planting Mix
1 bag of Black Gold organic soil
1/2 cu/ft of Earth worm castings
2 coco Bricks
8 gallons of Perelite
1 cup Peace of Mind Fruit and flower
1 cup Peace of Mind Starter

The plants need NOTHING in Veg......

in flower I feed the First week of Flowering @ day 5-7 and they are fed again at day 21-30........
Feeding #1 mixed in a 5 gallon bucket
1tsp of Fish Mix (from Bio Bizz)
1Tblspn of Mother Earth Organic Tea grow (advanced Nutrients)
1tblspn of Mother Earth Tea Bloom (Advanced Nutrients)
1tblspn of Dr Hornbys Iguana Juice Bloom (Advanced Nutrients)

this is a very light nute bath for the roots......and really jumpstarts the flowering process without messing up the integrity of the soil.....

the 2nd feeding is done around day 30, the closer to the halfway mark the better.....also mixed in a 5 gal bucket
1 Tblspn of Mother Earth Grow
2Tblspn of Mother Earth Bloom
2 Tblspn of Iguana Juice Bloom

and thats it...2 feedings......and Ive seen increased bud sites and much larger ueilds without compromising the taste and smell......

I found by substituting the Coco fiber, Black gold and Castings , for the Light warrior loosend the soil substantialy and since this mix is a little looser and not as rich it allows nutes to be absorbed better without locking em out or givin the buds the "guano" flavor.....

Ive known about the supposed benifits of Copper on plants for a long time.....its one of them old wives tales that seem to work for whatever reason......Ive never heard of using a copper pot but using copper wire to tie off yer plants or Copper rods for stakes have been used by old time gardeners for years.....

Was that Pink Kush from the RM clones??? I had that cut for a bit...real Weak flavor for the smell and look of the plant.....Its totaly pink and purple Outdoors as well.....But I personaly think the PK is complete Garbage compared to the Real Bubba Kush......no flavor , no stone compared to BK.....but man is it pretty....

Msm

Last edited:

mysta177

Yes the PK is from RF. The pink was just chopped (last night) and like you said the shell is so strong and fruity its crazy. The Bubba was chopped about a week ago and just started to cure. I have not smoked the PK YET but JDOGG says its better than the bubba. That Bubba gave me a out of body high last night...its was so crazy. I hit it for the first time and that shit just expanded in my lungs. It felt like the computer turned off in my head and had to restart. JD was laughing his ass off. JD post some pics of the bubba....I have never seen a plant like the bubba. If only it yielded more. Do you top your bubba? When are you going to be offering some more seeds? I would love to test them out. You are one of the only peeps that I seen that has a bubbaxhaze cross. :wave:

20K- long time bro...glad to see you back. WOW copper paint sounds pretty tight. Please feel free to post your reports and let us know how it turns out. No I dont think you sent me a PM back but no worries. I was just wondering how you were doing up north.

JDOG6000

Veteran
We'll see how the Pink and the Bubba are after the cure.
I did notice some loss in taste while drying.
Like it seems to reek ,then it drys and not so much smell and flavor.
Like would be expected from such a stinky plant.
I'm thinkin it might be a killer hashplant.
I mean it is a hashplant.
We smoked some killer sissor hash from it lastnight.
That was tasty though.I don't know.
We'll see. I think I know what your saying Moonshine man.
By the way.
Me and mysta were looking at your crosses you've made.
Very impressed.
I've talkin about making a Bubba Kush x NL/Haze.
lol
Looks like you beat me to it.
I think it was the wrigley that also sounded real good.
Here's the Bubba Kush a couple weeks till harvest.
The Bubba Kush we smoked the other night was harvested a tad early.
On the 59th day.
I needed some smoke.
But the other 2 are still flowering.
I'm taking them to 70 days for a full on medical sleep inducing high.
Not to mention the flavor that comes from extra ripening time.

By the way.
The Pink Kush is from Reeferman.
I traded some clones for it.
I wouldn't say complete garbage.
I found it to be pretty stony and a perfect plant for making hash.
It does have a crazy chemicel taste without a cure.
Not like it smells.
It smells more lemony kush and tastes more chemical kush like.
I guess.
Pretty wierd plant.
I like it though.
I'll grow it again and see how it does.
Nice yield as well.

Last edited:

judas cohen

Mysta: Thank you for starting this thread and keeping it alive. I would not have been aware of this mix if it wasn't for you.

Moonshineman: Same thing. Thank you for helping us newbys and developing/refining this great mix. I want to follow directions exactly to keep it idiot proof for my first strictly organic grow.
1) What size bag of black gold POTTING soil? 8 qt bags are available locally. Should I get 1 bag, 2 bags, ...?

2) I won't need 5 gal of tea. To make 2 1/2 gal just use 1/2 of your recipe, correct? Very dumb question, but I will only be flowering 4 plants at a time in 4 gal containers. I recall that you warned about over-watering.

3) It's ok to start seedlings in this mix? (Don't have clones yet.)

4) I have all the original ingredients you listed, but not mixed yet. Guess I'll return the Light Warrior and buy the POM 3-4-3, Super tea grow/bloom, Fish mix, Iguana Bloom. My total cost to follow your recipe exactly will be about $250, including shipping.

5) What do I need to re-use the soil besides dolomite lime? The nutes/amendments purchased will allow me to recycle the soil indefinitely without buying more stuff? At the rate of 1 cup POM and 2 or 3 tablespoons each of the AN per grow, I should be good for at least a dozen grows;(if I don't have to keeping buying bags of Foxfarm every 3 or so grows.)

Very expensive to get started, but if I essentially don't have to buy anything more for 2 or 3 years it's a good investment. Simple, idiot proof, best taste, personal stash. "Yeah, buddy!"

FWIW: veg cab- 160 watts 4 foot shop lights mixed warm/cool spectrum. I plan to veg sprouts to about 12" after topping.
Flower cabinet- 250hps+250mh in 7 sq feet (4' high)

Tap water is 8.3 ph. I will use apple cider vinegar to ph to mid 6's. (Although I thought that organic soil with mycorrhizae would self correct ph.)

Any suggestions/comments? Thanks again.

G

JDOG6000 said:
We'll see. I think I know what your saying Moonshine man.
By the way.
Me and mysta were looking at your crosses you've made.
Very impressed.
I've talkin about making a Bubba Kush x NL/Haze.
lol
Looks like you beat me to it.

Thank you....Ive done my best to put out some tasty treats to the masses....

The "Wrigley" is a real bad ass phenotype of my "BeelZeBubba" (Bubba Kush x fuma con Diablos)....its one of my favorite smokes.....Ive given away like 20 packs of the Bubba/Sk/HAz and EVERYONE that has grown em loves it.....there are some real potent phenos in those beans.....the Wrigley looks like a Kush but smokes real HAzey...a friend gave me another pheno that is Real Skunky smellin and lookin but has the most unbelievable Dank kush taste .....

I also have a Bubba Kush x AmnesiaHAze/NevilleHAze/AmnesiaHAze....AKA Bubba's Daze......Of all my Haze workings the "Daze"(AH/NH/AH) is my pride and Joy....The male Daze produces some real head twisters.....

JC
1. Ive never seen the 8qt bag....we have the 1.5 cuft bags......so equal that..
2. yep cut it in half or 1/4 it.....dont overwater....

3 yes its fine to start seedlings, maybe pull out a few cups of Dirt before adding the "fruit and flower" POM.....

4. OW!!....I think it cost me about 120$ total for everything......

5. I recycle about 40% of my soil....If I feel my substrate is getting too overused I'll add another round of Mix into my USED soil about every 3-5 months....or at least a BAg of Black Gold or Ocean FOrest every few months into the USed soil......

judas cohen

Moonshineman: Thanks for the complete and prompt reply.

BTW:If I use 1 tspn of Biobizz 3 times per year, do y'all reckon hit's agonna' be a skosh stanky when I reach the bottom of the quart bottle in the year 2038 A.D.? J/K & LOL!

I don't need an answer for at least 4 months, but the next time you post- would you comment on flushing towards the end of flower? Seems like with only 2 feedings and with the organic ferts and mycorhizzae, flushing would be unnecessary.

Since good reefer costs about $400/oz, following your method is really not expensive. If I pay attention to the amount and ph of water, I'm betting I'll get results like an experienced grower. (And I'll have buku excellent smoke for the rest of my life for a few kilowatts of electricty.)

Muchas gracias, hombre. Stay Safe/Be Happy!

mysta177

judas cohen said:
Mysta: Thank you for starting this thread and keeping it alive. I would not have been aware of this mix if it wasn't for you.

No prob....The reason being is due to the fact I used this mix for my first grow and it was the shit. I mean just look the creator ...He is still here helping us to perfect it. What more can you ask for?
I know when peeps see this thread and see it cost a lil $ to start...But like you hit on and is very important..In the long run its way worth it. Im getting more PM's about using this mix so peeps are catching on. This a good a very good thing because simplicity and taste are very big in my book.

Last edited:

judas cohen

Best price I can find for MSM Mix tea ingredients from one supplier is $84.93. Mother Earth Super Tea Grow & Bloom is $14.20 each; Biobizz Fish-Mix is $14.95; Iguana Juice Bloom is $26.20. Shipping & handling is $15.38. No tax. All are one liter or one quart bottles.

I will call and find out what the shelf life is and if containers have expiration dates printed on them.
before ordering. At the rate I anticipate using them, they will last me 10+ years. It would be nice if there was a way to incorporate them into recycling used soil, but I suspect they would screw up the ph and/or NPK ratios and defeat the beauty and simplicity of the original MSM recipe.

FWIW: When I received my FF Fruit and Flower 5-8-4, the box said shelf life for the mycorhizzae was 2 years and the expiration date printed on the lid was December 2006. I called the supplier and explained I only use one cup every 3 months. He agreed to replace it no charge, but I still had to pay shipping to return it.

The Ocean Forest has a space labeled expiration date on the bag, but it was blank. Not a problem as the bag and contents seemed new and real fresh. Also when I recycle the soil I will add wormcastings and molasses with a mychorhizzae innoculant.

I don't mean to seem petty, but all these products are premium priced and much of their appeal and effectiveness has to do with the endo/ecto micro-herd. Just my 2 cents...

Stay Safe/Be Happy

JDOG6000

Veteran
I'm gonna trythis mix too.
After this next grow, I think.

Moonshine Man, where can I get my hands on some of those beans you listed?
After hearing about all those I got to try em.
I mean.
Kush and Haze are my 2 favorite strains.
So what a killer combo of genetic's.
And that goes for all of those you listed.
I'm growing some old Thai stick seeds right now.
That should be interesting.
They are going to take like 4 months to finish .lol
Luckily I can keep em back from the lighjt a bit since they don't like alot towards the end I've read.
So it won't be in the way.
I hope I get a male.
I am also growing Killa Queen and soon White Mustang.
Thats just my seed strains I'm growing.
Other then that I am growing Bubba Kush,OG Kush, Afgooey, Kali Mist.
My Last grow was Blue Dot, Bubba, lack Bubba,OGuana Kush and purple cream.

I'm high and babbling.
This Bubba is bad ass.
Do you know how to get some fat buds from this plant.
My Bubba Kush buds are tiny.
This last one was my first run.
And I flowered 3 small 1 foot clones.
So they were small.
I put my big bushy mother in there this time.
It has a crap load of bud sites.
But ,do you know any tricks to getting the buds bigger on this strain?
Mine just seem real under developed.
Like maybe it's from over watering them last time.
Or barely over feeding them.
I think it was probably from over watering anbd not enought perlite in the soil for this strain.
I used straight Happy Frog.
But it need alot of perlite I found out.
Anyway.
Any Bubba Kush tricks, anyone?

G

Top Bubba Once at the 6th or 7th site....Bend it over and tie it so its as wide as it is tall, BK grows tons of 2ndary Branches that become main leads, everytime they start growin tall, tie em down.........Veg it till its about 14-18'' tall with as many sites as you can muster....and flower it in a 4-5 gallon pot...I get 2-3 zips min from BK, not a ton compared to others, but lots of "golf balls" that keep me insanely baked....

And you guys are correct, this mix can be Costly in the beginning.....but when yer payin 400$ a Z its time to grow yer own.....I look at it this way.. 100$ worth of Dirt gets me about 5K$ in Herb....good investment if you ask me.....I dont know of any other investment opp's that have a 2 month turn around with a 4900$ return on a 100$ input.....

But still the main reason I like the Simplicity is it WORKS.....I dont have to have a special mix of 25 different strains....everything grows well in this mix, as long as the watering needs are appropriate....

JD...Seedbay has a few of my gems....I havent relisted them Due to my own personal lazieness.....Dutchgrown contacted me yeasterday and told me to get off my Butt.....so look for MSM stuff there in the very near future....

They dont have any of my Daze works....but they should be getting them soon.....The have a bunch of my FumaconDiablos crosses and OldBlue/C99 hydrids.....

here is the inventory list....these should be up by this wednesday.....

Moonshine

2 x Schrom x Fuma Con Diablos
2 x Bubba Kush x Fuma Con Diablos
2 x Blackberry x Fuma Con Diablos
5 x Blue x Fuma Con Diablos
1 x Hashplant #1 x Blue/C99
5 x Blue x Blue/C99
1 x Elvis x Fuma Con Diablos
1 x Maple Leaf x Nevilles Haze
1 x Trainwreck Blue C99
2 x Maple Leaf x Fuma Con Diablos
1 x Fuma Con Diablos f2

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
Thats exactly what I've done with my Bubba.
I just started flowering my old mother.
It has about 20 tops and it's about 2 1/2 feet wide and 21/2 feet tall.
Thanks though.
I'll look for those crosses of your for sure.
The Bubba/Haze crosses sound great.
I'm gonna try this mix next time for sure.
I too grow several strains at once.
That would make it easier.
We'll see.

mysta177

Well I got a new cam and here is my first pic.
Please show me how to use a cam!!!!!!!!
Purple cream
9005purpcream.JPG

9005purpcream3.JPG

Last edited:

JDOG6000

Veteran
That camara works pretty well.
Just need to dial it in.

I think the best way to take pic's is to light it up well with regular lights or a MH.
And don't use the flash.

JDOG6000

Veteran
I must say your Super silver sour Diesel Haze is some of the most potent bud in town and it isn't even finished!
Not to mention some of the tastiest bud in town.

G

Hey msm... got a few questions regarding your mix...

the coco bricks...what do you mean by using 2 coco bricks? im starting my first grow and do you mean "any" coco bricks crushed up and used in the mix?

5 gallon buckets...im assuming in your recipe you said that the feedings were mixed in 5 gallon buckets meaning.. your plants are fed in 5 gal buckets?

Thhanks for the help

G

also do you flush at the last 2 weeks before harvest? if so, how would you do so? Flushing involves just watering with ph'ed water...but the water is the feeding throughout the whohle grow... :confused:
thanks again

steveoi812

You guys this is exactly the kind of thread I have been looking for! Thanks moonshine and everyone else that kept this thread going! I am going to my local hydro store tomorrow and buying everything I need for this. I just hope they have everything. Thanks you guys!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts