What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

20kw dreams

Wow, lots of wows!

I asked about the pots, cause I went to the nursery to get a bunch of 5 gallon pots, and after I paid for them, they gave me #5's, which were 3 gallon pots.

MSM, why do you grow? For personal? What kind of light and plants per ft2 do you use, w/ what area per what light? Yields? Sorry if I ask too many Q's about this kind of stuff, but if I have to go from charging $150/oz to $350/oz because I got 1/2 the yield in 2x the time, then this can not be the way to go for me, which is unfortunate, because sustainability is an ideal I must fulfill somewhere along the line, whether it come from some amazing mix such as this, or lots of experimentation in hydro-organics or organic soilless. I would appreciate it if you did give me a hand on this, as you would be supporting a medical op to be sustainable, as far as natural resouces go, and the quality of the herb my patients smoke

Honestly I have steered away from the mix now due to veg times. I have been steering towards an organic coco hydro grow. I grow commercial medical. I know alot of people think that those 2 words don't go together, but it is how it is. I have some cancer patients which I will only grow organic for, and I will not be misguided about peoples health, but other then that, these veg times would have to send my prices through the roof. My pain patients could really care less whether the herb is "organic" or not, as I've been consulting them throughout the process of decision. Low prices for good quality smoke is what most of them are concerned about. A good 2 -4 weeks cure depending on strain development. If I could get away w/ using more plants in smaller pots, then perhaps this might be doable, however, I think this might be outside of the range of the "MSM" mix, and into land of liquid fert.

Let me know what you think.

20kw dreams

Well, my soil plants are doing fantastic. I mixed it up a little stronger, at 1 T per gallon, w/ 1T/gallon of Kelp as well. Due to space, I was only able to transplant 4 plants into 5 gal buckets, and the other...10 I think are just going to be staying in 2 gal buckets, to be fed liquid ferts throughout bloom. Those 10 are doing great though w/ no ferts so far. I have a liiiiitle burn on one of them, which is my silver haze. Other then that they are all perfectly healthy. One of the 4 that will finish w/ out any added ferts, my blueberry, is a VERY Mg hungary strain, so I think my personal test for the mix.

I decided to devote 1 light to the MSM mix, to see what kind of results I get w/ what kind of veg times, and the other 4 lights to a coco slab drip. If that 1 light gets me good results, then I will be switching, but for now, I need to see what I get from it.

mysta177

sweet .........I just harvested 3oz of my first grow and I gots to tell ya the taste of the buds is beyond any Ive tasted. Thank you MSM for the great advice. I will continue to grow with this mix (the new version) but try and get more buds 4sure. A way longer veg time and scrog should give me the results I need. I first need to lower my temps....you know those cali temps:jerkit:
Keep those updats rollen

G

Whats up mysta? I have just begin using Moonshinemans recipe and so far I have no complaints I am just watering the vegging plants with water and my Ak's seem to be loving it. I also just transplanted some sour diesel seedlings into it as well so we'll see if seedlings do good in it as well.I too have been searching for a idiot proof soil mix , that will simplify my life. I have been growing for several years now and still haven't quite got the whole soil thing dialed in yet( still have an occasional prob) ,but so far I have been impressed with this soil mix , so if this works as well as the bud shots seem to infer that it does This will be a very welcome addition to my grow program, I would love to boot the liquid nutes. :wink: well, I'll keep everyone posted on the results ,maybe I could even use my wife's digi cam to take some pictures.I gotta clear that with her first. :redface: anyway great thread.

mysta177

THAI- the moonshine mix is the mix Im going to use until I find another mix that wiil make my buds taste as god as MSM has. I doubt I will find one the taste of my buds are unbelivable the guys at the local medical club and hydro shop wont stop buggen for me to give them some. It really dont matter the yield I get for now as all my bud is for personal use. I hope you get them same out come as a did good luck. What mix are you using MSM 1 or MSM 2 ?

Last edited:

mysta177

MSM, What do you think of the Happy Frog soil from FoxFarm? The hydro store just recieved this bag in and they say its a mix of the three we use for your mix. This would cut my cost for the mix a lot. The bag is even bigger. Anyone else used this soil or have any info on it?

Bump on this Happy Frog info.

I was going to try the moonshine mix but...
My local shop only carries the FF Ocean, not the regular FF potting red bag, or the Light Warrior.

Friggin lame...

I might have to go for just the ocean forest and the FF line of liquid nutes. Not as "organic" as i'd like, but I'm sure it will be hells better tasting than GH.

mysta177

My buddy grows in just FFOF and some of the chunky perlite and they are bomb. I decided to go with the Happy Frog and light warrior mix and they are looking good. Im going to add some peace of mind in flower. I got the fish mix for flower also. pics to come soon :woohoo:

mysta177

Well heres an update in htis thread since it died off. I added a couple of strains BlackBubba,BlueDot and PurpleCream. Im using HappyFrog/Light warrior and ph water with some fishmix and I gots to tell ya for 3 week veg these ladies are doing pretty damn well.
BlackBubba

SDxSSH

G

What's up Mysta...

I'm typically a hydro guy but I often do small batches in soil and I have been using the fox farm 3 bag (Moonshine's mix) for most of it. I never knew to give the credit for discovering the mix to Moonshine until coming across this thread. I do remember reading about it on OG but I didnt post there.. mostly lurked.

Thanks Moonshine Man for sharing your experience :yes: Your mix has done me right a bunch of times

Peace

mysta177

:yoinks: WOW those are some nice looking buds you got going on in there BRO.....Yea MoonShineMan is the shit. Not only did he create this mix he's a cool ass MoFo for even writting and giving us lil tips and guidence. I just wish more peeps tried this mix to see the diff in taste this mix brings... :yummy: Dont you agree?
PurpleCream-This strain is crazy look at those shoots ...perfect for scrog

BlueDot-This is some killer smoke. A lil slow to take off mustbe the sativa.

G

Glad to see this thread is still kickin about....

Hope everyone is enjoying the tasty treats the MSM Mix brings forth....

The past half year has been intense...a good friend of mine was Busted, another of my life long buddies was murdered, my mom had a lemon sized tumor removed from her Brain and Ive spent the better part of the last 6 months in Hiding from pretty much everyone I know in the weed world....

But the Good news is SB is back online and man do I have created some TREATS in the last couple of months.....;)

a 2 yr project to breed a Bad ass HAze dominant male finally came to fruition......I started with an Amnesia Haze female (chosen by Weedzilla back in the late 90's) This is a spectacular growing female Thai ...100 day flowering time and a real nice yeild on a somewhat sturdy growing frame.....pulverizing high.....

I took this female and crossed it with a Nevil's HAze male creating the F1 "WTF" .....females of this F1 were almost all Neville Dominant but the Males seemed Amnesia dominant.....I took a Male AhxNh and BX'd it to the Amnesia mom.....the resulting offspring proved to be Amnesia dominant but with longer flowering times and more of a psycedelic headspinning throat tightening high......

I refer to the BX'd AHx(AH/NH) as "The Daze"........so far the hybrids created with the daze are the pinnacle of my personal Haze dabbling attempts.....Ive tested Blue Daze and Walkers Daze....next up are Purple Daze and Bubba's Daze.....Ive got G13 Daze and OG Daze on the horizon so keep an eye out for updates....

and on a Soil Note....as a Joke I bought some Miracle Grow "Organic" soil and busted a round or two of some "MAL-Wart" weed.....LOL....I had a couple of freakin HUGE yeilding monster plants but nothing worth smokin IMO...real bland flavor overall......too much peat or Sphagnum in it most likely.....

Stay HIgh....

Moonshine

killabrown420

Hey MSM, :wave: Sorry to hear about all the life drama, but it happens, and when it does, it often happens all at once for some reason. Good to hear your back at it with the crosses...I hope to get a good haze again, i grew out jlp's c99xhaze cross, which I believe had some Neville in it somewhere...turned out really good, dense sativa nugget, head spinning racey high and flowered 3+ months...worth every second of the wait imo I need a good haze for head stash...smoking the best weed has its downfalls...it takes variety as much as potency now to get the job done

A nod to MSM for his past breeding projects:
That always seems to "get the job done" lol

I'm going to start using the MSM mix for my upcoming sog grow, I'll post a link ;) Having a 48 plant sog w/ just regular water feedings would make life simple with the right drip setup...like the little rotisserie oven on TV "Set it, and FORGET IT! :lurk:

G

killabrown420 said:
Good to hear your back at it with the crosses...

I hope to get a good haze again, I need a good haze for head stash...smoking the best weed has its downfalls...it takes variety as much as potency now to get the job done

Thanks Killa....Everything is workin itself out, it seems......

and I laughed when I read the "good to hear your back at it".....Honestly I never stopped....just went into hiding.....

Youll need to check out the Daze hybrids once they are available....I have a BlueDaze that taste like Peach Haze......its beyond tasty.....and a monster yeilder to boot.....but 100 daze flowering at a min.....

Moonshine

hieagle420

Cannabis Creeper
Veteran
What up Bro.. :wave:
Glad to see ya back in the mix.. sorry to hear about all that shit man :badday: .. hope your mother is ok..

So you still kickin the G-13 huh.. glad to hear it man.. you gonna post any of those beaners on Seedbay?? love yo get some G-crosses and some of that Daze :yummy: as you call it... damn i know you did it right man.. everything i have seen that you crossed turned out great.. better than most Pro Breeders... Keep It Green and Stay Safe .HE

Kreat

Quick question when you say Black gold in your mix I'm guessing you mean Worm Casting but how much do you put in? thanks MS

Latest posts

Latest posts