What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

20kw dreams

I think this mix has already been in hightimes, eh mysta?

Never good to be selfish with knowledge though, and besides that, the yield aren't as good as other methods, so people dis it for yieldlier methods

mysta177

KISS

KISS

What up 20KKKK....glad to see pop on by bro!. Yea I first heard of this mix from HT. Followed it on OG then I started this forum here when OG went down.
Grate I feel you in a way but If we do that were never going to OverGrowAmerica. I want to help as many patients as possible. MSM could have kept it to himself but he didnt he decided to let some peeps know that its not all about how much shit you can use its about how little you use......Most peeps get discourged after there first grow cuz it can get kinda crazy at times adding shit this water then add that on the next water then you f*** up and then stop and say f*** that. With this mix its diffrent your going to get Quality right off the back. Its true you might not get as much yield as adding nutes. But if you veg longer (not a cash cropper) youll get what your looking for..... five* URB that stanks up your pocket double bagged....you know the shit all your homies look at and say "thats homegrown"..this is what MSMix brings and I havent even started to talk about the taste....Ask JD he knows whats up. His mix is going to be real good also like you said hes like a scientist always working. But I gotta tell ya JD thought my mix was weird when we first meet.....but now he knows the right direction for his medication. So spread THE MOONSHINE LOVE and help as many peeps as you know grow BOMB DANK and tell them the secret is..........KISS :joint:

Last edited:
G

Just wanted to give an update. I've used this mix (the basic 3 bag + perlite and POM) for 3 flowering cycles now and its given me some tasty results. For certain strains it definately seems like added mg is necesary.

I found adding molasses / calmag has helped this. Also, i noticed that without at least a little veg time, the mix has alot of N in it at the end of flowering in that the plants are dark green at harvest time. When I vegged a few weeks though, the plants yellowed out, like they should, in the end.

I'm currently doing a test run of moonshine man mix vs coco with liquid ferts to see if i can see a taste difference. The moonshine man mix produced the dankest bud i've ever grow in 3 years of growing so the coco has alot to prove.

Anyone else do a comparison of this mix vs the Burn 1 organic mix vs coco? Also, anyone supplementing additional mg?

G

grateful. i used 1 tbs / molasses for what seemed to be the best remedy (best flavor at the end). I also used calmag and molasses on other plants (full dose of calmag every so often) but the tastiest plants seemed to be from the molasses only.

G

Glad yall are enjoying the Moonshine Mix......Thnaks to Mysta for keepin the information alive......I originaly publised the mix in Hightimes in 04-05...I dont remember, I have the issue somewhere ill have to check the coverdate......

I was plannin on a 2nd part to the story for HT but OG went down right about the time I had finished it, and in my clean up and move ; burned everything herb related that wasnt absolutely necc to keep.....

Im glad a few folks are expiermneting with the overwater/underwater thing....Its hard to believe fewer better timed waterings can bring such great results......

We as growers are nurturers by nature....we want to care for and feed/water our plants waaay more than mother nature ever intended. and to go from a "feeder" to a "waterer" is HARD....then learning to water properly is even harder.

Thats why ANYtime I hear of folks havin nute issues with this mix the immediate response is water less.......growin herb can be stressful enough without being tied to a feeding and watering schedule that calls for everyday maintance. Ive done it and it sucks.....I love the fact I can wait 3-7 days between waterings (depending on plant/container size)......

glad I could turn a few folks on to the TRUE Flavor potential of their herb.......

it will be interesting to see how many of you cant smoke hydro buds after growin with the mix for a while.....I cant....

the main reason for the development of the Mix was from our observations with REAL Organic gardening/farming.......my brother works an organic farm and they Never, never, never, never liquid fertlizer their plants.......Everything is premixed into the soil as organic compost or is topdressed as a last ditch effort/boost......Ganja growers are the only ones besides large scale commercial farms and novice backyard gardeners that feed constantly.....the only thing that is put into the soil by liquid means is an ocasional enzyme feeding that helps promote the breakdown of the premixed organic matter in the soil.....

msm

Last edited:

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Word MSM, this is why this thread is a sticky, it's a popular mix and like any good recipe alot of love went into it.

Peeps post your pics using this mix.

Peace
Suby

G

anyone have an explanation as to why amended soil would taste better than liquid nutes?

G

gratefuldawg

Ya.. Thanks moonshine, youda man... I read this after I got Jdogs mix, so I couldn't follow yours completely. Next time I'm gonna do both. I ordered a couple bags of Fox Farm Happy Frog, I mixed 2/3 happy frog, 1/3 light warrior, 1 tablespoon ff peace of mind, and a bunch of chunky perlite to top off. Temps are no higher then 85, and I'm watering once every 3 days or so.. When the plants start to droop down is when I've been watering em. It looks to me like I have a nitrogen defec. and a mag defec. I think it could be a mag lockout? And maybe not enough nitrogen? Or a nitrogen lockout too? I've been feeding sweet pretty much every feeding, not much though, and I usually give some cal mag. I'd say average feeding gets 3ml calmag per gallon, and 2 ml sweet. I'm using RO water.

Hook a brother up everyone.. What do you all think it is.

The strain is Serious seeds AK47, and their about 1-2 weeks into flower. transplanted from fox farm ocean forest in 1/gallon containers to 3 gallon containers of the mix I explained above. PH..around 6.5

Last edited:

So-CalSucks

WOW is all i can see about this mix!

Hey MSM and Mysta what are your guys avg. veg time and avg. yeild per plant if you dont mind me asking...

Amazing mix and keep up the great work!

G

one thing i've noticed is that all my plants are far more stanky in veg with the MM Mix vs Hydro, i am excited i think this is a sign of some truly tasty treats about to come my way.

Noticeably funkier. :woohoo:

G

hey grateful >>>she going to drop some fan leaves as she shifts into flower?
if its just the lower leaves i'd say over water...but, you say they ask for it when you feed...so that doesnt sound right. :confused:

Last edited:

mysta177

joeshmoe said:
hey grateful >>>she going to drop some fan leaves as she shifts into flower?
if its just the lower leaves i'd say over water...but, you say they ask for it when you feed...so that doesnt sound right. :confused:
Thats exactly what I thought....I like how you think my friend. Id say It looks like over water...but :chin: ...Do you have any pics of the new growth? How long ago did you repot? Most damage looks like you may have had your prob in veg also :chin: Try not giving the sweet .....I tried sweet and had a lil deff so I stoped. You really dont need it with this mix honestly. :joint:

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

Thanks for the replies all.

No sweet...I repeat..NO SWEET!. That's what it was, I'm pretty sure I had a Mag lockout. I looked at the fruit and flower box, there's plenty of mag in there. Started feeding around 3-4 ml calmag plus from botanicare, and the mag deficiencies have stopped. There was lack of nitrogen on a couple of the plants, nothing a little pureblend bloom soil couldn't take care of. I don't like my leaves dying from lack of N so early in Flower. I'll wait till mid-late flower to stop the N.

Pretty sure I had the cal/mag ratio all whack, I think its spose to be 2 parts calcium for every 1 part mag(am I right?), and with the calmag, its a 3 part calcium to 1 part mag, and with the mag thats already in there, it seems to have balanced out perfect. Bottom line is.. If your using RO water with this mix, around 3-4ml per gallon of calmag seems to work good.. For now,lol. With the mix I'm using, I like to add a little pureblend, but some people like Jdog don't really feed much at all, and have amazing results.....trust me on that..top notch smoke and buzz. Cheers dog....

Hey Jdog, you use sugar daddy, and you don't have the problems I'm seeing. So something there is confusing, unless sugar daddy doesn't have as much Mag.?? Whats your mang..!? I also had a friend water while I was out, and I came back and the plastic part to the measuring serenge was at the bottom of the calmag gallon container, so he coulda fucked it up, I know he watered more then I usually do. Having good results now though with the straight calmag and ro..bottom line.

G

I use R.O. water and and have pretty much relied on molasses for cal & mag

G

gratefuldawg

shiva, I was thinking about that myself. How much molasses do you add? Do you feed everytime?

G

I use about a teaspoon a gallon. Aerated compost tea (made with r.o. water) with earthworm castings, kelp, molasses, bubbled till foamy, that is what I fed up till week 6, it's the kinda' love u just can't find in a bottle. This last round I used Power Flower soil, but basically same idea, it's a dirt you don't have to fertilize during flowering.

I'm off to good start with my first MSM grow ... transplanted my 3inch pots into 5's and they are taking off, nice airy mix.

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

Yo shiva, do you feed molasses with every water? Sounds like a nice tea you make.

Appreciate it-

G

I like making tea :) Yep they get the molasses every water. I think aerated compost tea is where it's at if your using a soil mix like this