What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

TokenBlackGuy

I am excited finally have started my msm sog bed style grow.. But i already added a few tweaks... Im going to add Hygrozyme, Molasses, and Liquid Karma every watering..
Now im just gonna have to figure out what to do with the fresh bottles of AN Iguana Juices.. I have such ADD when it comes to sticking with nutes..

G

Glad everyone is still lovin the mix.....

Becareful, there are some real "runaway prom night abortions" on IC claimin the MSmix isnt good for growin MJ.....LOL....Seems like they cant figure out how to water correctly so they want to trash the mix and all those that use it.....

Fortunately for us, there are some excellent folks BUSTING out the mix like ya'll been growin with it for years......excellent pictures, descriptions and Info....

and you fellas have the "runoff" sounding about right.....In veg while the roots are young I only water enough to wet the soil......as they get bigger and wrap themselves rootwise I like to water enough to see a lil pee (5/10%) of what water went into the container.....and the last watering I like to see about 25-40% runoff........

as far as outdoor....Ive only used running creek water with this mix so I couldnt give an honest evaluation.....

enjoy them organic treats...

Msm

G

Moonshineman,

I'll agree about the "trashers"....People don't understand that they have to do what suits "their" growing style....Moonshine mix ain't for everybody, it's for the ones that are in the "frame of mind" to use it successfully and have "faith" in it....I don't think there's a mix on the planet that suits everyone's "fancy"...LC

mysta177

Moonshineman said:
Glad everyone is still lovin the mix.....
Becareful, there are some real "runaway prom night abortions" on IC claimin the MSmix isnt good for growin MJ.....LOL....Seems like they cant figure out how to water correctly so they want to trash the mix and all those that use it.....
Thats the funniest shit Ive heard .......I know exactley WO your talking about cuz they dissed me in a pm saying why am I helping pees with this mix. It was kinda weird cuz in a post they praised you cuz your weed tasted bomb but said the mix was shit :chin: FukEMall :moon: ?

G

I don't know who's mix this originally was Mysta or Moonshineman but props to you. I did vary the mix slightly but the base is very much there. I haven't seen any buds out of this mix for myself but I can say that after all the hassle of chems and other shit on my seedlings I went back to organic roots and used this mix with a few additions and my plants are lookin healthy again; new growth, brilliant green, no crisping, no curling. I like this mix so far and have nothing but positive to say about it.

Mysta, there's no argument. proof is in the puddin as they say. A bud like that and lacks a chem taste, well, ya just can't ask for much more than that.

Thanks guys,
J.

Last edited:
G

Mysta...lol....that is a weird statement....the mix sucks...But buds taste Delicious....hhhhmmmmm....

Some people done understand their are grades of Organic herb.....there is organic fed herb that still looks , smells and taste like hydro nugs cause growers tend to overuse them trying to max out the potential yeild.....and I understand that if you dont have acsess to the mix then you gotta do what you gotta do....if I couldnt get the mix, Id make something similar going off the ingredients of the components...

then there is the type of organic herb you get from the 3mix....still looks as good as hydro nugs, in many cases better....Smells better cause the "guano" provided wasnt so overwhelming the underlying and overlaying flavors come out..and since its not Peat based that generic flavor pro-mix leaves isnt there....and in my expierence the buds Cure better without the extra salt and crud liquid ferts leave behind......

Im at a point in my growin career that I seem to have tried every method of growin except for areoponics......I love the ease and results of a flood table runnin plain old GH.......but the Buds Suck, plain and simple.....at some point in the next year Im going to set up an organic areoponic mini set up.....

If my only desire in life was to pump out weight that would be my set up..Or Id switch to Sunshine/Ocean forest mix and feed the crap out of everything with advanced nutes line-up.....but my flowering females are for head stash and I aint about to start puffin chemmy organic nuggies......

I like my buds Pure......

And I laughed thinkin of someone Lifting up a Dirt Bed (Oh shit my back)...my gues is if your growin with the mix that way you poke a lot of holes with your fingers and water where its dry.....I got a buddy over in NM and he has a "Dirt room"......

Moonshine

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

Unbereevable thread, nice job Mysta.. They should have thread of the month like pics of the month. Definately would give a shout out.

Moonshineman, your the man for givin us all this info. Years/decades of testing out different shit to get to one that works, and then to hook all of us up to grow better meds. I can't wait to try it. like you started, I'm gonna tweak it a little, but I'll have 1 or 2 that are the main core, and I bet those will turn out best. Cant wait to try some strawberry diesel or somethin dank like that in it:) All my prior grows were overfed, and in the end kinda tasted like stressful ass shwagg. Just fucked up a GN c99 that has so much potential, should've smelled this bitch a couple weeks into flower.... Shes
beggin to bang in some MOONSHINE!

G

I been doing a little experimenting with the mix this run. Ive heard some negative comments about the mix lately and I wanted to test it out for myself. I have some xtra clones so I figured why the hell not?

Ive overwatered, underwatered, overfrted, and completely left out nutes. I actually started doing this a few weeks ago, but as I said the posts caught my eye. I'll update with anything I find, but as of now it seems that MSM is right on: Watering is the only thing you have to really worry about. The overwatered plants are the only ones showing a P deficiency, while the underwatered ones look great :confused:

I'll keep everyone updated. Take care and stay safe

guerilla

G

gratefuldawg

These might find their way to the Moonshine mix soon. Especially the StrawDeez.

Picture003.jpg

That middle one is DJ Short/Chimera joint project Sweet Pink Grapefruit X DJ Shorts True Blueberry. Sounds tasty... :yummy:

Blockhead for my knockout Indica, and I already have a C99 beauty, and a serious AK. Keepers???? Future might to bright for those girls, hopefully I can be a care giver to someone, and not kill em. :bat:

:sasmokin:

G

i put a few seedlings into the MM mix last nite, i woke up today and i shit you not they are already looking better and bigger!! I dont know if it's just psychological, but shit i see a difference vs the promix/wormpoo

i think i am gonna retransplant all the other seedlings tonite, though they just got into the promix 4 days ago... Any hints on how to do this safely?

G

If I have to retransplant, I use a bulb trowel. The ones that are cup shaped! Try to get as much soil around the roots to lessen root movements. It shouldn't hurt them any, just slow them down by 3-4 days at most if done right. Sometimes they don't even notice the move.

J.

G

I've heard a new version of MSM, using the happy frog instead of the red planting mix, getting ready for another round I'll probably try it, not having to fert much is nice.

so my "MSM" next round:
ocean forest
happy frog
light warrior
2X 5 gallon perlite
POM
pyro clay

kicking around the idea of mixing in some coir, we shall see

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

I need some help quick. How much PPM's of Calcium and Magnesium should I be adding to my water every time I feed.

I'm using RO water, it has none...zero...nilch...nada...

G

ok so I mixed up at batch of soil yesterday and the happy frog made a nice fluffy mix. I wish I would have compared the happy frog to the ocean forest a little more before mixing it alltogether, they are both "potting mixes", the red bag is "planting mix" (wtf?) ... I've never used the red bag, I'm guessing it's heavier?

mysta177

grate.....that is a good Q as I have asked that myself. I use distilled water co I add 1tsp cal mag. I started that midway thru the last grow so I didnt notice a huge diff. If you find out let me know.
Shiva.....The red bag is a lil heavier. The only thing I would add would be FF peace of mind starter mix. I just started using it in this mix and can already tell a diff.

Last edited:
G

gratefuldawg

Hey mysta, do you use 1tsp cal mag every water, once a week, etc? I talked to jdog, and he said every water, and maybe a little less then 1 teaspoon.

mysta177

Yea I used 1tsp every water. I would go a 1/4 and see what happens at first. Maybe try it on 1 plant then see whats up......

G

gratefuldawg

Word... Thanks Mysta. I'm gonna do the same. I might even go less cal/mag and maybe some molasis or sugar daddy. I wonder if I could do that every water??? Maybe 3 ml molasis, and 3 ml cal mag. I think I would still have the right ratio of cal to mag? Anyone familiar with a similar watering schedule? Don't really have to feed them anything else in the mix for awhile from what I understand...what a beautiful thang this mix is. The thing about trying it on 1 plant from seeds is that one could naturally be better then the other, and then I could give out false information for something that wasn't tested right, but next time I grow from clones, I'll definately try different shit and post the results.

Another question... How often are you guys watering? Say a couple weeks into 12/12?
This would be good to know. I guess it depends on pot size, I'm in 3 gallons. If I remember right, Bog watered 1/2 gallon a day??? That would probably be to much for this mix bein how much goodies it has in it.

I can see it now....Organic revolution from the Moonshine Revelation.....yaaa boii.

G

gratefuldawg

Also... We should keep this mix to ICers only, or close friends. I've researched over 1,000 hours on here probably, and it sucks thinking that someone could grow quality herb using this mix, and really not knowing much about the beautiful plant.
Let em study up ja know!.. It'll be nice walkin around town with the local heads goin "someones got the fuckin dank", and it'll be kinda a little club of people who know how to grow that organic goodness. Thats it!! We're Start a moonshine club! I vote Moonshine Man as president, Mysta as Vice, and Jdog as the scientist, cause he kinda modifies his, and well...Can't argue with his fuckin results. Of course anyone at IC is invited, we'll just try to keep the outsiders from the know..

Latest posts

Latest posts