What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshine mix

chump

ah, just picked up the PoM today...turns out both started and the frunt n flower has it...
thanks for the clarification.

Rare Groove

Here's a couple shots of my Gypsy's Gum lady at 43 days 12/12. She lives in a 112W HPS/CFL computer server case. She's from seed and was started in straight FF Planting Mix. Once she was big enough she went right in to the MSM. Has received nothing but pHed water & Hygrozyme up to last week. I've started feeding her with a light dose of Mother Earth's Super Tea to help her finish at her best. Looks like she has a couple weeks left...check out the link in my sig for lots more pics & info on the case. :joint:

mysta177

RG- very nice bro........hows is the ffpm for veg? Here is a couple of shots that I just chopped all grow MSMix with only h20

koomba

I've got a question. I see all the threads with good soil mixes, such as these, and they would be great for my grow that I'm fixing to start. My question is this: can you usually find these nutes and such at any regular garden store? I don't mean like home depot or lowes, but the nearest real hydro shop is about an hour from here, and I'd like to avoid driving to Asheville if I could. Obviously the only real way to know is just go to check, but I was just wondering if anyone finds theses at just any ol' garden store or if you have to go to an actual hydro shop. :confused:

G

This is only my area and I have no idea where you are but where Im at the garden centers have pretty much the same stock as HD or Lowes, a few extras but not much for our interests. Ive never seen any foxfarm products in any garden stores near me, only th hydro stores. I hope its different in your area to save some time and gas $, but thats how it is here.

guerilla

G

UPDATE:....

So after a good year+ of testing other crap besides the MM mix....I have a few bits of advice........

IMO the original mix is probbably the best all around soil mix for anyone interested in growing...

When watered properly it produces the Dankest- stankest buds you'll ever see...

When Overwatered it STILL produces better QUALITY nuggets than 99% of the other mixes out there.....

I am now using the original mix from Seedlings/clones all the way through flower and I had to slap myself for even trying other stuff over the last year.....

Yes , you can increase yeild by ading a lil extra liquid nutes but there is absolutely NO REASON to.....overall I believe it degrades the integrity of the pureness of the finished product.....

Do NOT RECYCLE this soil more than ONCE....it rapidly becomes "sunshine mix" and quite useless after 2 runs of any decent yeilding strain.....two runs and toss it....

The mix ....1bag each...Ocean Forest
Planting Mix(BAtguano-earthwormcastings)
Light Warrior
5 -6 gallons Chunky Perilite
1 Cup Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower (yellow box)
*1 cup Peace of Mind Starter Mix (light blue box)

Plain water from 6.7-6.3.......this time of year (winter) you can expect 5-10 day gaps between watering times in 4-5 gallon buckets if the plants are 35-48 inches tall....in veg expect 4-7 day watering gaps.....depending on container size....Summer cut thoses #'s in half.....

Moonshine * only addition to original mix.....

mysta177

MSM- Very nice update as I was about to start the new mix..looks like im not no more. Saved me some $. TY.
Man you are sure right as you say the nutes fuck with the plant as I have tried nutes and no nutes side by side with the same strain im MSMix.....yuck I dont like nutes even "organic" nutes it seems you could taste it immeditaley....maybe its just me I dont know. It did make a good bag appeal..... but I grow for me.
What does the addition of the FFSM do extra for the plant?

Moonshineman said:
When watered properly it produces the Dankest- stankest buds you'll ever see...
Here are some pics of MoonShineMix grown plants....ENJOY I know I enjoy Smoking it!

G

:woohoo: Thats what I'm talking about.....fuckin great job.....msm

the starter mix gives it a lil bit more nutes all the way around and a bit of xtra calcium....

Last edited:

mysta177

Moonshineman said:
:woohoo: Thats what I'm talking about.....fuckin great job.....msm

the starter mix gives it a lil bit more nutes all the way around and a bit of xtra calcium....

Thank you.....But I owe it to you. This mix is the shit and I plan on never changing. :joint:
I wondering if I could start another thread like this in your seedbay boards?
Another ? if you dont mind. If using distilled water should I add cal-mag with this mix?

Last edited:

exactlywatt

What up mysta,

Have you been using filtered water or just city water? My tap water here has a pH of 9.5+, and also a fair bit of calcium and other stuff. The pH is fixable, I'm wondering if all the minerals would be a problem?

Last edited:

exactlywatt

how fucked are we talking? Well water?

Other than high pH, my tap water is not too bad I think, about 200 ppm total solids, Do you think this would work with MSM? Or is RO water neccessary?

mysta177

exactlywatt said:
how fucked are we talking? Well water?
Other than high pH, my tap water is not too bad I think, about 200 ppm total solids, Do you think this would work with MSM? Or is RO water neccessary?
No not well water but very acidic....I wouldnt use anything over 6.8....Do you let your water sit out for 24 hours then test PH?

exactlywatt

No I don't let my water sit. The pH is 9.5 to 10 outta the tap. It only takes a couple of drops of pH down to put it at 6.5 since the ppm isn't too high.

Last edited:
G

I havent seen a lot of issues with excess ppm's using this mix...it seems to be based more on overall PH (6.3-6.8)and over/under watering issues.....

201DSC00006-med.JPG

Last edited:

mysta177

I know Iknow I keep say it BUT damn it this is my thread and Im going to say it again...........the MoonShineMix produces the best tasting buds hands down..once you use this mix its hard to change it cuz it tastes BOMB. Here is a pic og OG covered in trich...Who says you need to add nutes when you grow? For all you that have said there no way you can go 8or9 weeks of flower without adding...huh..NO you dont heres my proof!!!!!!!

9005mary1_0061.jpg

9005mary1_0571.jpg

9005mary1_062.jpg

9005mary1_0601.jpg

Last edited:
G

looks fantastic. I'm going to give this mix a shot!

just to be 100%, start the seedlings/clones in something else then transplant after they are rooted well into the mix?

G

Hey beetle, best of luck. I personally use the mix throughout the entire life of my plants (minus the piece of mind fruit AND FLOWER), but others do not. I know that myst uses straight light warrior for seedings/clones so its all personal preferecnce.

guerilla

G

thanks for the info guerilla1018! This mix is easy for me to grab all the parts and the results are obvious!