What's new

Molokai Frost

luminous

so what generation are the Mota MF, didnt he gift um as F2s? did pacific send mota original MF? or just a few cuts?

V

Verde

BrunoBlank said:
Actually I'm pretty sure Mota did make those crosses, although he got the sk1 and Uzbeki from Pacific as well.
you're absolutely right, i stand corrected and admittedly mis-spoke

"We were lucky enough to be sent these genetics from our friend Pacific. F2's have been made and will be ready for testing in a couple weeks. Along with the SK#1's we have Bubba kush x SK#1 I can't waite to try this one myself. Molokia frost and crosses are almost ready and some Uzbek has just been pollenated." -motarebel

"We haven't ran any of the F2's yet as the seeds just finished a few weeks ago." -motarebel

thank you for getting me to go back and recheck my facts, i have no problem admitting i was wrong, my apologies ;)

Last edited:
G

How long do the Molokai Frost take to flower? Anybody know by chance?

D

Dalaihempy

Molokai Frost is not a f1 or a f2 who ever says they have f1s or f2s is far from the mark.

Molokai Frost was past around by the hawians for free thats what these guys do they shear and some did get donated for a charity auction at cw in the last days before cw went down.

From what i rember Molokai Frost came from a family who had grown it for a long time on the iland now the only thing hawians hate is when things there nice inuf to gift and shear with the rest of the community are sold.

If any comercial breeder does have it i think he or she should pass it on as freebies with other orders and not sell it .

V

Verde

pretty much every strain/hybrid originated as a landrace that had been grown by natives in locales all around the globe, and the seed industry exists because they were shared with visitors and spread around only to eventually be commercialized by someone down the line...why's MF getting singled out? taking a look at the whole cannabis trade, it seems these hawaiians are in no way the only ones to have had their genetics pillaged

ideally it should all be free, no? not the world we live in, unfortunately

G

A buddy gave me a few of these. They are only about 6" right now. They look amazing! They look like they have a layer of something sprayed on them but theres nothing on there. I dont have any info about these....could somebody help me out?

TheFlyinHaWyn!

hey bro....go here.... http:)//www.planetganja.com/highsociety/showthread.php?t=20948 .....just take out the ) after the http:....there is a ton of good info about the frost there.....i don't really feel like getting into the other issues about the frost at the moment, but i guess i like to read what people are doing with it, and what's happening with the frost out there....aloha everyone....i just dropped some pure frost seeds, and some frost crosses, i still have the original mamma that all of the frost seeds came from, so i might make more seeds soon, but who knows....so we'll see how they goes...:)...anywhoo....good luck guys....if there are any specific grow ??s that i can answer, i will try....but it would be nice for you to look up that site first....i have another thread on that site pretty much about the frost, but you gotta look it up...alright brothers....good luck with all of you guys frosts that are still growing the strain out.......aaaaaaaaaloha.....theflyinhawyn!, dahappyhawyn!, the HighHawYn!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
got MF moms n dads goin and will spread the love when we get to makin some seed :yes:

DalaiHempy: you da man. :smoke:

peace :smile:

onegreenday

Veteran
Hey theflyinhawyn! thanks for the pics. I'm wondering about the bench you are growin on. It looks like it's a real shallow bench (maybe 3" deep) grow.
Am I seeing it right? thanks. Is that a coir grow?

TheFlyinHaWyn!

aloha green....you are pretty much correct...off the ground....mixed dirt/cinder/roots/organic material....etc.....the beds are a friends....:)....it is pretty much impossible to grow in the beds without having a huge, huge monster on your hands....lol...aloha....sprouts are doing ok....i got some reports of some hermies of the frost from friends on Kaua'i....but i not sure if it was the pure frost, or one of my crosses....oh well.....she has some hermie in her genes....but i have been trying to breed toward a more stable strain.....:D....still trying it seems....i'm gonna make some seeds from this grow....i need to restock my Moloka'i Frost supply.....aloha to everyone out there in ganjaland.....pakalolo land.....hash land....and all of those other lands that are out there....:)

TheFlyinHaWyn!

oh....and i phucking love the end of long season....sooooo much different shit to try.....and all at the right price....:D.....can't wait for short season to kick in hard....:)...aloha all!

Goyakla

Just wanted to mention that Sierraseeds did sell MF and Uzbeki and several crosses with MF. Got myself some Uzbeki seeds that way some time ago.
Knock out weed. :joint:

TheFlyinHaWyn!

aloha everyone....ganico...you may not be looking anymore...but i will probably make seeds this time around again...and i like to open pollenate, which usually means i have much, much more than i will ever use....soooo....we'll see...........:)

as for selling the pure Moloka'i Frost....i will state this here......i was given these seeds freely, they were always given out by me freely, and it is my hope that they will continue to be spread freely among those that actually want to take the precious time it takes to grow this crazy/wonderful/difficult/sativa-ish/sometimes hermie/stoney muthaphuckin plant we lovingly like to call 'The Frost'!......Mota and i have talked before, he knew my thoughts, which is why he pulled the pure frost after we talked, and before the shit happened for him...i wish him the best, although i have not heard anything about him....good luck bro!.....the Frost crosses, on the other hand....that is a different story.....i don't care what happens with the crosses....but it is only the pure that i am thinking of.....i know that in this day and age, i can't possibly think that this trend of giving out the pure Frost strain free of charge will continue......but then again...i guess that is why people become sooooo.....involved :)....when they hear that others are trying to sell the pure Frost.....i guess i am just on a rant......ok....well......the Frost was never mine....it was given to me freely, and thousands of seeds have been shared freely.....and me thinks.....maybe i will have a thousand more to share before i am done.....besides.....what do people want with a free strain??.....:D.....alright.....:)

i am thinking of starting a Frost thread again...i miss my old one, and with Motaco's thread being sooooooo long.....and popular....it reminds of the old OG days.....nostalgic.......maybe i will find a small little unobtrusive piece of this icmag universe here and record my current Frost grow.....i haven't popped any Frost beans in a while...and all of these are from a specific female plant from my last cycle......well.....we will see......do i have the balls to come back out in the open?....lol.....in the scheme of things........i am ****ing insignificant....lol....it's kind of refreshing acknowledging that....:)...alright everyone....grow more....smoke a lot....have fun.....and above all....be safe!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
TheFlyinHaWyn! said:
the precious time it takes to grow this crazy/wonderful/difficult/sativa-ish/sometimes hermie/stoney muthaphuckin plant we lovingly like to call 'The Frost'!
aloha bro. i wonder if its just the selection we have or what but it does seem like it could use a crossing to be more 'growable'

picky, slow, lanky, and thin thin stalks -- in veg. have yet to flower her. im on a mission tho before worryin bout crosses. goin to pollinate her with her brother also a gift from a very dear friend. just to spread the love around like ya said.

but it definitely could use some work in the growability department as far as i can see :p

much love and respect, flyin. stay safe and thank u.

be well

Ganico

Veteran
TheFlyinHaWyn! said:
.maybe i will find a small little unobtrusive piece of this icmag universe here and record my current Frost grow.....i haven't popped any Frost beans in a while..

Hell yeah, that'd be a good thread. And pretty damn popular I'd bet, haha

About the beans and sharing/selling issue: much respect

TheFlyinHaWyn!

ethereal....it could be the selection...as the ones i chose to breed with were chosen and all grown by me...so i kind of knew what i was looking for at the time....she does tend to be a little branchy, and maybe somewhat floppy at the beginning, but she defnintely toughens up during veg growth....the Frost is usually never slow to grow...my mamma outgrows almost everything....maybe only the Albert Walker is more vigorous that i have seen....but i am not sure......you are right about the crossing thing though.....i made many crosses with her, all with the intent to make her more palatable inside.....i also made many pure crosses of her original offspring...and am down to like the 3rd, or 4th generation from seed...and it's been about 5-6 years since i first started with the Frost....i think i better make a thread of the Frost, because recently i have been hearing things that have not been very Frost-like about the Frost....:D....but that could just be because i have bad hearing....lol....:)...this way it will give people a true taste of what the pure Frost is actually suppossed to be like.....the right pheno will yield large....another pheno will stone you to the moon....while others will retain the stonyness of the wispier pheno....while still giving a good yield.....she was meant to be grown outdoors originally....and that is why she has trouble indoor.....these next few generations of pure Frost may be more amicable to indo as i have been starting these seeds indo since i first got them, and maybe the strain wants to do better indo now.....or maybe it is all just wishful thinking....lol....alright....:)....sorry bro...just trying to figure out what is going on with your Frosts....anywhoo.....good luck mang, i hope you get stoned to the moon with your Frosts....:D

ganico....one love brother.....it is all about the weed, not the greed...aloha bro!

Amon

wow, thanks for posting this one up.. I was gifted some of these beans and actually had little to no info on them. So this is a big plus.. anyone know the exact cross or just Hawaiian blend?

Motarebel Genetics are simply awesome.. I just sent a pack of some MK to a mate in Australia who was looking for a big Sativa to use in some crosses. Hopefully he finds a pheno like this one in the mix.. that is just one big fat girl, but, I sure don't have room for something like this in my little cabinet, so I made it a gift to a buddy.

Mota Militia Member/Cartman aka: Amon
FlyinHawyn: Mota came out of his situation pretty good and all is well thus far.

peace

TheFlyinHaWyn!

that is great to hear bro!! i like mota, he has always been straight up with anything that i have seen him do, plus, it is real good to hear that another ganja brother is not suffereing when so many are....aloha brother!