What's new

Molokai Frost

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
motaco said:
you guys asked what it smelled like. its got a slight menthol undertone to it, but its mostly smells like a hawaiian bubblegum. floral and fruity but a very bubblegummy smell. its also has the odd trait that once the weed is dry it tastes incredible. no cure time needed. you know how with most weed they taste like grass clippings and ass for a few weeks? not this one. delicious once its dry and is also probably the softest smoking strain I've ever had. can take massive rips without even feeling it. (the smoke, not the stone of course)
this has been my experience with all Hawaiians. Kona Gold, Kona Cherry, and next, Moloka'i Frost.
you found yer self a winner girl there, my friend :smile: cheers to ya :yes: enjoy it dude!

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
Burdock said:
Mota's Molokai frost came from DHH via breeder Pacific. Pacific gave him the shorter flowering of the 2 and most testers have givin a thumbs up. Mota has agreed to give these away,that was DHH's wishes.
:yes:
MF will never become a commercially available strain. Not on our watch.
If anyone comes across Moloka'i beans bein hocked for loot, please do LMK.
shit, just make a post here on it. people know whats up :smile:
no profiting on the aloha. motarebels a good dude for bein respectful of those wishes :yes:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
speakin o mota, never tried any of his stuff. if anybody is readin this i could use a list?

:wink:

HarryNugz

Very nice Frost pics Iceman! Looks like you have the more Indica dominant pheno that has larger buds. I enjoyed DHH's original Frost and found it to be a superb smoke. The floral scent was out of this world and had a taste to match. Everyone who sample it truly enjoyed her. It takes awhile to grow out, but well worth it in the end!

DHH gave the frost away freely and asked it be passed freely as well. If the frost is sold be it seeds or to a club, you might as well be wearing Greg Bradys Tiki necklace!

Last edited:
G

FYI the Strawberry Web and HWI are 2 different strains - I know there's a lot of confusion on this, is why I commented on it...HWI came out of Puna on the Big Island, while the Strawberry Web (in that cross you speak of) came off the eastside of Maui...

Thanks for the info Seakay, much appreciated. And thanks for the pic. Do you have any more info on the Strawberry Web? Is the pic of Molokai Frost?

The cross was made by a friend I know from another forum, Space Cowboy, he shared the beans with loads of folks.

Sadly motarebel got busted last year so his work is really hard to get hold of at the moment. GSA were selling his strains but all are out of stock at the moment bar one. I have grown his Herijuana and Killa Queen, both are awesome, as potent as I have smoked, the Herijuana is a super sedative indica, the Killa Queen is G13 x C99 and possible the frostiest plant I've ever grown and a well balanced head/body wipeout effect. Motarebel's Herijuana, just harvested:

P1010002-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

HarryNugz

Nice pics of the Herijuana, but off topic in a Molokai Frost thread! Sounds like motarebel's indiscretion with the Frost didn't sit well with the Tiki.

G

BH:

Nice pics, bro...that pic is Straw Web x Moly Frost made by HighHawyn! with a Straw Web mom and Moly dad.

Details are sketchy on the Straw Web's lineage as the original clone we acquired from Squiddy was from another lady on the eastside of Maui who did not know much about it's past either. We did find it to be highly unstable (READ: hermie-prone), thus it kinda shelved our plans to outcross into the HWI to re-invigorate the line.

Aloha,

CK2

p.s.- note, still waiting for the magic 50th post so DON'T try and PM me. please...

G

OK, here's some true Moly Frost pics...clone mums from HighHawyn!, the original minty pheno...

TheFlyinHaWyn!

me and mota are cool...he was looking for me, and i never got back to him in a while...he got his seeds from Pacific, as Burdock stated...she gave me a nice Sour Diesel in trade...man that was the shit...i crossed it with a Frost male....anywhoo, when i finally got back to mota, i asked him (everyone has a choice) to please give away any PURE Frost seeds rather than sell them, as i was freely given the Frost, and in that spirit, have been freely giving beans out for years, and i wanted it to continue to be given out to those who want to grow her....that said, he was kind enough to oblige me....i told him that it is only the pure Frost that i wanted him to give away rather than sell...any crosses that he makes with the Frost, i hope he make some money off of them....i think in his circumstances he may need the help, but i am not sure of his situation at the present moment........i am surprised to think that people would want to even buy the Frost...lol....but that is just me....i guess i have had her so long, i can pretty much smoke her anytime...just gotta bloom out a plant...:)...please don't think that mota is doing anything wrong with the Frost....we talked, and we are OK...besides, he is definitely helping to get the Frost out there to people who want her more than me right now...i hope everything turns out well for him!

Iceman---sweet pictures brother....i still remember them from way back when....you did her justice indoors bro...soulretriever is also doing a fine job indoors right now...he just pulled his off on his Frost thread on planet.ganja.....he had some nice trich coverage..:)...i agree with you on the patience, and indoor thing, and not growing her out indo again....she needs to be in the open, recieving the kind of sun she deserves....i love her when she comes in from being in the sun....:)

it was nice seeing her get some attention again....and it's also nice to see all of you old Frost Heads coming out to talk about her...you guys know who you are...Harry, motaco, CK2, gregor....:)...you guys were there pretty much from the very beginning since when i first got the Frost...nice to know she still holds a place with you guys...after all that we've been through during the years...it was nice to see all of you in one spot again!

alright...if there any specific questions that any one would like to ask about her....this would be the best place....or in soulretriever's thread in the strains forum of Planet Ganja......ALOHA AHIAHI!

cannigrow

Yea the ones I got that Mota made, were given to me free from a buddy. I since gave them to another buddy who loves sativas to have fun with.

Elite Beans over at cannaworld has Mota strains but I think he's taking a break from the net so who knows. Either way, when he did have strains that he sold, they were always cheap, for medical patients, and he never hyped shit or sold anything for outrageious prices so he's a good guy in my book.

But yea, nice thread here on the Frost. Glad to see some true Frostheads popping in with info.

G

bump...thanks for poppin in HH...see ya that Sunday at my hale, I hope...still workin the post count to the magic 50th, LOL...

G

Beautiful pics, looks like an amazing plant.
I have heard only good things about her. Now I need to find some beans! If anyone from around town wants to hook me up with some ill burn you out so thick or trade maybe? :D been trying to find some MF seeds for so long...

G

TheFlyinHaWyn! said:
me and mota are cool...he was looking for me, and i never got back to him in a while...he got his seeds from Pacific, as Burdock stated...she gave me a nice Sour Diesel in trade...man that was the shit...i crossed it with a Frost male....anywhoo, when i finally got back to mota, i asked him (everyone has a choice) to please give away any PURE Frost seeds rather than sell them, as i was freely given the Frost, and in that spirit, have been freely giving beans out for years, and i wanted it to continue to be given out to those who want to grow her....that said, he was kind enough to oblige me....i told him that it is only the pure Frost that i wanted him to give away rather than sell...any crosses that he makes with the Frost, i hope he make some money off of them....i think in his circumstances he may need the help, but i am not sure of his situation at the present moment........i am surprised to think that people would want to even buy the Frost...lol....but that is just me....i guess i have had her so long, i can pretty much smoke her anytime...just gotta bloom out a plant...:)...please don't think that mota is doing anything wrong with the Frost....we talked, and we are OK...besides, he is definitely helping to get the Frost out there to people who want her more than me right now...i hope everything turns out well for him!

Iceman---sweet pictures brother....i still remember them from way back when....you did her justice indoors bro...soulretriever is also doing a fine job indoors right now...he just pulled his off on his Frost thread on planet.ganja.....he had some nice trich coverage..:)...i agree with you on the patience, and indoor thing, and not growing her out indo again....she needs to be in the open, recieving the kind of sun she deserves....i love her when she comes in from being in the sun....:)

it was nice seeing her get some attention again....and it's also nice to see all of you old Frost Heads coming out to talk about her...you guys know who you are...Harry, motaco, CK2, gregor....:)...you guys were there pretty much from the very beginning since when i first got the Frost...nice to know she still holds a place with you guys...after all that we've been through during the years...it was nice to see all of you in one spot again!

alright...if there any specific questions that any one would like to ask about her....this would be the best place....or in soulretriever's thread in the strains forum of Planet Ganja......ALOHA AHIAHI!

I was gifted the ones from Soul Ret, pure, those are ok to play with and not sell, right? Just want to make sure...?!And can I have permission to make me my own cross or two for personal..?!Don't want to **** up this karma etiquette gift god.... much respect HaWyN and you too Soul

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
how long did she take for you guys to finish out of curiousity. I can't remember anymore.

sparkles

ethereal said:
:yes:
MF will never become a commercially available strain. Not on our watch.
If anyone comes across Moloka'i beans bein hocked for loot, please do LMK.
shit, just make a post here on it. people know whats up :smile:
no profiting on the aloha. motarebels a good dude for bein respectful of those wishes :yes:
well it seems motarebel gave a bunch of the Molokai Frost
to Elite Genetics-a.k.a. greensea4me, to sell. elite tried
selling me some last winter, when i bought his lemon thai
and sour deisel crosses(which all were crap genetics BTW)
and when i asked elite-greens how he obtained the frost,
he said motarebel sent them to him, to sell for motarebel.
just thought you should know, as you said to do so, if anyone
was hocking them for loot. :fsu:

Grandpa L

KK was selling them for Motas' legal defence fund. All proceeds went to Mota. I got a pk of MF then. I may just have to run them under the Cali sun next summer. Peace, Grandpa L

BrunoBlank

Verde said:
motarebel didn't make any of the molokai frost / hybrids, gws, sk1, or uzbeki nor any of the crosses with these, they were made by pacific and gifted to him...i believe kailua kid was selling these on sierraseeds a while back as well fwiw

Actually I'm pretty sure Mota did make those crosses, although he got the sk1 and Uzbeki from Pacific as well.