What's new

Mold proof jungle strains

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO
Just double clicked on another post and the gave me both so I'm getting closer to 50 I wish that was my age now I'm getting farther from 50 shit. Bra your elec bill for all those clones will make you broke. You have to be loving this weather.

JOJO420

Veteran
Whats up guys.. Just reread this thread and gotta laugh. I'm looking through 100 strains in my seed bank trying to pick winners, I'm not growing out 100 strains at once, lol at least not yet. I have tried over 30 so far and only 3 are working.Way easier to take clones off 3 strains rather than 100. Im trying to find that frost :)

JOJO420

Veteran
Winners

Winners

It's May and I got a couple winners, 3 actually. If I had to do this again, I will plant my Blueberry, Blue Moonshine and if I had more originals, my Nevilles Madness.. Thank god I'm making clones n seeds. These plants love it outside in Hawaii. Through months of rain, days and weeks of no sun, these strains are rippin, just like cali... I got 3-4 footers that show no ill effects, are bushy as hell and just keep growin :) I cracked over 30 strains, 27 of which FAILED in da jungle, go figure,lol.. Powdery mildew, and Bud rot affected half, the rest just grew like chumps.
If admin and me can work this glitch out??I will post pics daily..

Im about to start some of the strains that fellow IC maggers have suggested in this thread. We will see what makes the Mold Proof Jungle Strains cut.. Next up is Hawaiian Skunk, and Northern Lights.. Also in da mix is da PNG.
Just wanted to quote myself here, thought it was cool, that my first instinct has proven valid.
The contenders are PNG, Panther, Nevilles Haze x Mullumbimby Maddness, Blue Berry, Blue Moonshine(sativa pheno) and NL x OPT. These I feel are well bred and stand a chance. The Odd factor plays a huge role here also. These are not your everyday strains. All of these have been bred and selected by knowledgeable Head's. I plan on using these as a base to start with.
I felt this in California, long before I got here now, I gotta trust my own judgement and instinct more.. I know what I'm doing, and how to do it, I just gotta chill , and allow the plants to unfold :) I get antsy when plants dont work out,lol.. I want them all to make it :)

puna boy

My braddah we all have those times. Bustn ass and everything not workn....lol... Braddahs got your back, shit only maked us stronger! I got your back, help whatever wsy i can. Yup and thats the truth, the big rock (big island is not the same as in the past . But still beats most places! Alohaz,
Puna boy

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO What is a PNG ? Is the moonshine 3ft? I have some Whit blues and they are slow growing for me. I have a few clones that I will put out in a couple of weeks looking for that July harvest. Looks like we may have some heavy rains sun or mon these will be some of the last heavy rains of the growing season I so hope I'm right if not we will find out how mold proof our stuff is. Latters

JOJO420

Veteran
JOJO What is a PNG ?
PNG is know as Papua New Guinea Gold. Its an old strain, a landrace Sativa. It's a know parent to Mullimbimby Madness, 303 and a couple other aussie strains if I'm not mistaken. Its a 100% pure sativa. I'ts one of my prize possessions :)

Is the moonshine 3ft?
NO, its 4ft , and just gettin started :) They are beasts of a plant, I have a quote from a friend I wanna post "They are magnificent plants, but too strong and too stinky for my tastes. " LOL, I did not know there was such a thing,lol. I love em, BIG , HUGE stinky potent plants.. Love em..

Thinking good thoughts " SUN, SUN, SUN, " :plant grow:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Seems like a good Sativa is hard to come by. There was or maybe still is a 14 month strain in Kona I only ever had 2 females and I tried to get them to grow short by starting them in Oct but they grew threw and were 12 to 14 at least. But GH harvested them for me. Those were the last big plants I've had that was 85 shit I'm getting old. Looking forward to those PNG and I bet they will do just fine here maybe these will be the mold proof ones.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

some friends grew out Fet's 303 about 5-7 years ago and damn if it wasn't some killer shit. zingy zangy flavor, excellent high but it was long flowering and sativa as hell. we had another one we called Maui girl and she was the most sativa thing i have ever seen. super super long flowering, pretty good but overall could have been better. i know there are some old men in the acres growing out the long sativas but it was hit and miss on the flavor, usually none lol. always stoney and cheap tho. i have never just been able to let the Frost go to the extreme. i would like to see how tall i gould get a good pheno of her to go. maybe one day. lol alright guys, i'm not too worried about rain right now, maybe in a month or so lol, then i will be praying to the sun gods to give me a good month of light lol aloha bros.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Flyin
If you started your Frost new moon this month how big would they get? Full sun lots of soil room and organic frets. You will have the sun.

JOJO420

Veteran
Seems like a good Sativa is hard to come by
I'm shocked at this statement kinda. I got sativas comin out my ears. Most of em are 4 ft tall as just as wide right now, but I do know what your saying kinda about good ones. I think this is cause no one has good breeding skills here, mostly pollen chuckars and swag genetics to start with. Plus the GH likes to take our biguns.. Plus they take a good deal of patience and understanding to finish correctly.

some friends grew out Fet's 303 about 5-7 years ago and damn if it wasn't some killer shit. zingy zangy flavor, excellent high but it was long flowering and sativa as hell.
I like get me some of that 303, I got the PNG, but that 303 is the one I want :)

i know there are some old men in the acres growing out the long sativas but it was hit and miss on the flavor, usually none lol. always stoney and cheap tho.
Thats why everyone I know hates sativas,lol...It's taken a minute to convert my guys to likin sativas, all they know is that acrs swag,lol.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
You're right I've only gotten shit sativa seeds. Even the one I ordered went hermie but they were cheap seeds. Hope you get the 303.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

Flyin
If you started your Frost new moon this month how big would they get? Full sun lots of soil room and organic frets. You will have the sun.

alright bro, honestly to tell you the truth i am not for sure certain how tall they would grow. they are not pure pure sativa like most strains from here. but they definitely aren't like the seeds bought from foreign seedbanks. new moon on the 20. they should grow thru to end of august probably into september because you started from seed outdo under regular circumstances. everything i put outdo has been first started indo so i get a jump, but there is NOTHING like the real sun to filter the bullshit from the actual shit. frost will kick ass in the sunlight. i am mostly just worried about hermies but sorry ahead of time if it happens bro. i don't think it will but you never know. good luck my friend!

TheFlyinHaWyn!

jojo, i know what you are feeling. if you look at my join date i have been in this particular game for a while. unless you really have friends that know what they are doing (and they are far and few between) it will be difficult to obtain good tasting, flavorful weed here. it is out there but i honestly would rather pay for the cheap shit than the flavor stuff if i had too, which i definitely do at times. fet used to market the 303 as the other name for the PNG. Fet and Dman. i bet most people on this site have never heard of these 2, even tho gypsy used to do business with them. some of the better shit i bought back in the day.

jojo, good luck with those aussie cross strains. there used to be a guy on OverGrow with the name of mullimblyman and he had some super sativas. those should kill here. you wont have any smoke for a while tho if you are relying on those. aloha brother you take care!

JOJO420

Veteran
Aloha everybody!! Finally getting some good sun here, Still rain plenty, but at least some sun :) I'm kinda panicking right now:fright: I got da fear. Im afraid all my sativas are gonna herm, I think I started em to early. They are really flowering hard, and making pollen sacks at the same time on a couple branches..Im super bummed..I pick seeds off, and pick off balls daily.. Im afraid I put all my eggs in one basket..They re HUGE already, but this herm thing bothers me..
I decided to build a black Box, Im gonna Light dep em..

oldhaole

Veteran
The fag plants must die. Sorry my friend...it's the way it's gotta be.

It's a losing propisition picking off seeds and flowers. You won't win that battle. Do the deed now and kack 'em now. Light dep I doubt will work.

Are all of them fags? What's up with that? I have some Elephant seeds that do real good in the jungle. Real stable, get huge. They laugh at rot. WPM...none. Don't even have to spray them. The only knock on them is they are only an eight on the stoney scale.

Two weeks before harvest.

picture.php

A day before harvest.

picture.php

You still have plenty of time to start another round. Sure you'll lose some height, but eight ft plants are nice too. Though I'll grant you twelve footers are better.

The sooner you start more seeds the better. Sorry to be such a drag...but your burning away summer. Get on it ASAP

JOJO420

Veteran
The fag plants must die. Sorry my friend...it's the way it's gotta be.
Very republican of ya,lol. Ok, I know I gotta kill em, I know :( Thank god its only 1 right now doing it, but Im gonna go give the she/he da chop:)
About that Elephant Ear, I have been following your threads since day1 and I have heard of that one, bout 10 yrs ago we had that one over here on da Big I, have not heard of it since till your thread. Man, I wish I had me some of those seeds :) Im gonna look around over here and see if I cant dig that one up.

Its pouring right now, and has been for 24 hrs..Good time to crack seed. This must be , what, the 5th round,lol..

Got me some gems from a good bruddah, thanks brah :)
Puna Budder
Maui Wowie
NL5 x Nevilles Haze
Molokai Frost
Puna Haze
Molokai Sweets
And I got a couple of original breeder packs from SoCal Seed Company.http://www.socalseedco.com/catalog_popup.html
Socal Dawg
SoCal Geisel
Spicy Thai

These will be the next contestants in the mold proof jungle strain game.

JOJO420

Veteran
Green Harvest

Green Harvest

Just got flown by Green Harvest. He came up the hill slow and went right over the patch, then kept flying up and down the hill. He was way off in the distance , then made a lazy turn toward me again.Here he comes, low and slow over the end of the road. I know he saw my plants... Big dark heli with twin tails, most likely the feds.... Kept on going, thank god... Im gonna move em anyway :)

I'm Blessed :) They flew me hard yesterday, and I'm way under my limit..First time this yr.... They will be back :(

Last edited:

JOJO420

Veteran
Next plant up

Next plant up

Aloha everyone, It's time for the next plants in the Mold Proof Jungle Strain game. I decided to germinate some SoCal Dawg and some Geisel from SoCal Seed Company. I have un opened breeder packs, they come 12 to da pack. Thanks Homie for the gifts :)
I scuffed the seeds in 180 grit sandpaper. I rolled the sheet into a tube and put the seeds in one end. Holding the sandpaper on both ends, I shook the seeds and rolled them back and forth in the tube for about 30-40 seconds. I then put them in moist paper towels, pre moistened with 6.3 PH water. I usually put them into triangle shapes, star tetrahedrons and what not . Then into sandwich baggies they go.
Next thing I do is breathe a fresh breathe of air into the baggie as I close the ziplock. This puffs up the baggie and gives it co2 and oxygen.
My germination chamber is quite simple. I use a standard black nursery tray, a tall clear clone dome and a 24w t5 strip light. I have cut the dome for the strip light to run through, all the way at the top so the back of the light is the top of the dome. This provides 2 things.
1- a constant temp for seedlings or clones.
2- a heat mat for sprouting seeds
Yup , I use it as a heat mat. I put 2 t shirts draped over the clone dome and lay my baggies with seeds in moist paper towels on top. I use the t shirts so the bags are not too hot.Warm and constant is the key. Under the t shirts and in the dome are the seeds that have sprouted, they go in soil and move down under the light. I get 100 % germination most all of the time.
In this case, I got 100% germination OVERNIGHT... It has not even been 24 hrs and they have tails and are in soil as we speak :)
SoCal Dawg 100% germination before 24 hrs
SoCal Geisel 25% germination before 24 hrs, are sprouting as we speak. I expect 100% within 12-18 hrs.

Latest posts

Latest posts