What's new

Mold proof jungle strains

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO
At first I was feeling bad thought all your plants hermied. Glad to see you are kicking ass on the planting.Looks like the seed fairy has hit your house. I just planted my first long girl for outside she is Coloumbin and 2ft high and 2 wide had topped it a few times she should be 8-10 plus easy. Hope she can handle the rain I put her in a 125 gal pot. Will let you know but so fat the Trainwreck X 707 has no PM and no rot at all and it has 2 more weeks this cross seems to do good in the wet but the next 2 weeks will tell the story as it is raining good today. At least I don't have to water HaHa.

Dirtboy808

Veteran
And it took awhile to fill them up. I have 2 that size, I made them 4ft x 3ft x 2ft and bought Garden Ex last 46gal and 65gal they were old stock so got them same price as 25 I wish they had more. It took me 2 days to fill 4 pots they are a 300ft wheelbarrow trip 1 way. And since my name is Dirt boy I used dirt for all the in the rain stuff. Some day I will try to do some pics. Aloha Bra and here is the sun the Colo is growing 3in a day.

kamyo

Veteran
Hope everyone is doing well. Looks like our rainy season is starting earlier than expected, so I'll be dipping into my mold proof jungle strain stuff. Don't have a lot of stock, but I have some. Starting some Ace gear to put out in the jungle pretty soon. There's a huge boulder that I've had my eye on for a while. Should get good sun and airflow, while making it impossible for deer and pigs to get to them. Only thing I'll have to watch out for is coconut crabs. Been wanting to grow this Purple Haze x Thai F3 for a while.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Nevils haze and mango haze did well for me and they copped a lot of rain , around 1.5 metres half way through flower ,
they handled it very well ..

its getting harder in the tropics as you guys would know ,
the seasons being all over and not so typical ,
looks like we will be getting another wet dry season this year ,
hate those ,
only conciliation will be if it ends when it should ..

ive changed my timing for planting,
used to always do a winter/spring grow ,
but it almost always rains mid oct now ,
so that just about ruins that timing ,
ive gone back to the old ways of planting during the wet,
in the hope of it stopping as it ought ...

Dirtboy808

Veteran
You are very right on the weather Don. I will be having a normal weather growing season this year and that is great.Those Hazes are dam good if they handled that much rain. Where did you get them? How does that MBS ( it think ) do in wet places? Aloha

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Kamyo

Do you have any salt air problems? We don't have those crabs here they are bad ass looking. Looking forward to seeing you plant. I haven't had any Thai in a long time I think I will be growing some this fall. Aloha

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
You are very right on the weather Don. I will be having a normal weather growing season this year and that is great.Those Hazes are dam good if they handled that much rain. Where did you get them? How does that MBS ( it think ) do in wet places? Aloha
I hope so dirtyboy,
good to know someone is having some success somewhere ..

yes i was impressed with the resistance to spoil with such a large volume of rain ,
mbs , well its more indica dom ,,
but surprisingly it didnt do too bad ,
i had to harvest most a little early in fear of mold setting in ,
but heres a pic of one i left,
some damage , but minimal considering the deluge ,,
(i certainly wouldnt rate it a tropical jungle strain however,just shows some good resistance for type)
ohh and some mango haze pics following ..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

kamyo

Veteran
Dirtboy, I haven't noticed any issues with the salt spray, and I've grown plants as close as 100 feet from the shore. The old Pathfinders and other trucks in the jungle beg to differ. They're rusted to shit. My main garden is about 500 feet from shore with no problems, but it has a bit of jungle stopping a lot of the wind (bad thing, though...I could use more air flow). My guerrilla spot is about a 1/4 mile or more from he shore and slightly elevated. Still 'jungle' area, though. Scouted it out today and it isn't ideal unless I get rid of a lot of the vines that are blocking sunlight and air. Vines suck because you can't just cut them down like a normal tree. My best best is to cut down the whole tree the vine is attached to. If nothing else, it will make for a good rainy season seed run. I'm sure the PHaze/Thai can take it, though. Just won't get as much yield.

Edit: Some of the best results have been closer to the shore. I only had them out there a few weeks into flowering before I had to move them, but the coastal winds and ridiculously intense sunlight make for killer growth. As long as the herb is in a potting mix or other soil, I think it will do fine.

JOJO420

Veteran
ALoha everyone!! Hi Donald, Hi Kamyo, Hi Dirtboy808 and Puna Boy. Good to see discussion about mold proof jungle strains. Lovin it :)
Love the Pics Donald, you never cease to amaze me.
DirtBoy808, Im gonna do 4 100-150 gallon homemade smartpots this yr, just cause your doing it too. Im gonna put my 2 remaining Neville's Madness and my 2 Hawaiian Sativa's and in em. Thanks for the inspiration brah :)
Kamyo, nice to have you aboard, I agree plants love it down by the coast..
Ok so I killed my Biggest baddest plant yesterday:cry: Grown in the wrong season.. Wanted to bud soo bad, and was confused.. Buds everywhere,.. It started female, really went for it for the last month n a half, but with the light cycle growing toward solstice,it got confused.. Thanks Old Haole for the advice:)
The SoCal seeds all cracked, but I did not get them all to survive.. I put em in my best soil as soon as they cracked, but the SoCal Dawg rotted in the soil?? The Geisel's all made it, the are rippin.. So did all my Velvet Rush x NL5/Haze seedlings. Little rippa's these bugggah's...
Put Malawi Gold, Spicy Thai and the rest of the So Cal Dawgs in to crack last night.. Hope this works out :)

Dirtboy808

Veteran
The Train

The Train

Ok JOJO no laugh. Shit I have been here 1 hour trying to do this picture thing. So here we go.

This is Trainwreck X 707 Head
It is a clone and been budding for 5 weeks.
PM very little
Only 2 rot spots so far I would rate this a 8 for mold resistance.
Aloha View attachment 168668

View attachment 168669

JOJO420

Veteran
Looking good there Dirtboy808. Nice job. They are handling the rains well :) I cant get pics to upload still, this is really frustrating.
The Spicy Thai, Geisels,SoCal Dawgs all cracked. 100 % germination.
The Malawi Gold was not so good. I got 4 outa 9 to crack in 3 days.I have hopes for the rest still :)
The Bluemoonshine and the Namaka's are sucking up this tropical sun. They are budding heavy right now. They do this stretch, then heavy bud, then stretch, then heavy bud.. I cant wait to get them in the black box, as they are gonna explode with heavy flowers.
The Nevilles Madness are gonna be HUGE. They are all easy 4-5 ft and as big around right now.Stalks are 2 inches thick . They are in 7 gallon pots still.. dem buggahs ready for their hole or big smartie :) I'm thinking they could get too big if I dont top em again. Wider mo betta, tall no good.

JOJO420

Veteran
Here are some pics of the Nevilles Madness

Attachments

• 1337483282300.jpg
    1337483282300.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 1337483603097.jpg
    1337483603097.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 1337483625320.jpg
    1337483625320.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20120519_171344.jpg
    IMG_20120519_171344.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20120519_171548.jpg
    IMG_20120519_171548.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 13

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO
Really nice Bra!! Those are going to get huge. Glad you figured out the picture thing it was easier on other forums but I don't care. Cut that one it wouldn't have made it through these next rains and I was almost out.

JOJO420

Veteran
Thanks Dirtboy808. I like the looks of your Trainwreck x HB, really yummy lookin. Did you make the cross?

Wanted to post pics of the Spicy Thai, SoCal Geisel and SoCal Dawg seed packs and one of the stems on these Nevilles Madness, thick buggahs.. Other two are leaf pics First one is Hawaiian Sativa and last pic is Nevilles Madness

New Guinea Gold. Should easily withstand your climate.
YES and YES :). Got it going now. I only have like 3-4 seeds left, so Im praying for a good male outa this last crack.

Attachments

• 1337902195396.jpg
    1337902195396.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 1337902164499.jpg
    1337902164499.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20120519_170932.jpg
    IMG_20120519_170932.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 1337483409548.jpg
    1337483409548.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 1337483309181.jpg
    1337483309181.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 11

JOJO420

Veteran
Blue Moonshine

Blue Moonshine

My BlueMoonshine plants are amazing.That best describes the the structure and the resin content of these plants. Big, Full, Frosty calyxes and sugar all over the leaves also. I have them out in the rain and the sun. No cover for these girls. Started in Feb, put out in March I believe, they are 4 ft of frosty goodness. NO MOLD, NOT A SPOT. (knock on wood).... BUT
ITS THE SMELL, My GOD the smell. Its like a tropical Bluberry and Lifesaver candy kinda smelll. Its sweet and funky, BUT
with A Hashy,skunky undertone, it's a stench that you cant get off after getting resin on your nose. Its the most amazingly Blueberry funky smell, besides my blueberry, if that makes sense. I cant wait to try these in a bong :)

Attachments

• 1337483492976.jpg
    1337483492976.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 9

JOJO420

Veteran
Namaka o Kaha'i

Namaka o Kaha'i

Namaka o Kaha'i is a (Northern Lights x Blueberry) x Hawaiian.
I'm really sorry to see this plant go. It has been with me for about 2 yrs now. I even brought them with me from California. My roomate named it after the Goddess Namaka, that is how she got her name.
If I could describe the flavor on this one, it would have to be Tropical Fruit with a distinctly lemony vanilla cream head. Its simply is one of the most distinct smells I have ever smelled in Cannabis, EVER. Its that good. Its that different. I'm sad to see her go. Only hope is a regrow..

Attachments

• 1337483428758.jpg
    1337483428758.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 11

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO You can re-veg that one easy. You get um! I was given those clones. That one was Trainwerck X ( 707x OG) I also have the same Train X Twisted sis but only had a 707 male to cross at that time. Also have a diffrent Trainwreck X Sour Diesel. And I crossed them with the 707 male and a Twisted sis male. Plus a Rhino Wreck and Purple Wreck ( Black Rose x Wreck from Jo shit can't remember from England. I didn't plan on so many but shit happens lol. DB