What's new

Mold proof jungle strains

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
jojo they came from a local college kid my nephew met at the university of costa rico... my nephew said it got him fried...i figured they'd be some sat of some sort, which is fine with me..it's different anyway and is kinda cool really..my first seeds from abroad...hell of a present for uncle beaudo..

G

Guest 150314

I was all over costa rica and nicargua and from what i gather the crappy sativa brick is from tico indians or panama, there is also a nicer frosty brick they call crippy and told me is import from jamaica.

in the surf towns indoor indica is easy to find and quality great but pricey, even the street dealers would have a few strains to show.

JOJO420

Veteran
I was all over costa rica and nicargua and from what i gather the crappy sativa brick is from tico indians or panama, there is also a nicer frosty brick they call crippy and told me is import from jamaica.
yeah, this is same thing almost my bro told me. But there are a lot of people TRYING to grow monster patches also. He said lots of busts and they find plenty plants.
I got a clone from my friend the other day, Its Cataract Kush x Purple Skunk. He claims its mold resistant. I saw his bigger plants and they look really good. Anyone ever heard of Cataract Kush?
I found this, is it true?
I have cataract kush in the fridge, based on its make up I think it will take your legs off like a chainsaw. its O.G. LA Affie/Afghani x OG Kush.

G

Guest 150314

what about outdoor strains from BC, specifically the islands and coast? have you tried any? its very humid and rainy here, I bet texada timewarp would be great in the jungle.

JOJO420

Veteran
I bet texada timewarp would be great in the jungle.
I bet also. Too bad i cant get any :( I have thought the same thing for over 10 yrs now. I don't even think of timewarp anymore. too bad, its a killer strain.

Chaman

hello, bro...need a favor. I've got a really good friend @ honolulu. Oahu island. hes from Costa Rica, big dude...well the thing is he is ther on a busyness trip and is having a hard time scoring good buds. Any ideas ? jejeje this is why I never travel with out first having set up a pick up where im going too be jejeje expierience in the end is awesome, jeje these young bloods who just jump on a plain and play the wait and see what happens don't fly by me jejej

JOJO420

Veteran
ALOHA!! Hi Chamen, howzit going bro? I would help ya if I could, I live on the Big Island, not Oahu. Tell your bro to go to da beach and look for people smoking, tell him to use his nose,lol. Ask said smokers for some help. Thats my best advice to ya, sorry I cannot help.

JOJO420

Veteran
I would look at Early Pearl, or Jamaican Pearl.
Both excellent ideas. I have grown the early pearl, and a Nl x Early pearl,both with great results. Only thing is, it was kind of dated. I mean it was good, but it was average smoke compared to other strains. I would give it another shot I guess, if I could find some quality beans :)

JOJO420

Veteran
I need HELP!!

I need HELP!!

Ok, I have a problem. I cannot upload pics, OR talk to admin about it. For some reason it says I dont have permission to access the page, this comes up when i go to contact admin. When i try to upload pics now it says error, contact admin. Im stuck in a loop HELP!!!!
Im not the most website savvy ICmagger. I dont know my way around this site, arghhh!!. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED :tiphat:

JOJO420

Veteran
Well thought I would update with no pics, still cant work this out, arghh..
The rain has been comin' down steady for over a month now. It has rained everyday and/or every night for a month striaght. The sun pops out occasionally, but never more than 2-3 hrs. The Humidity is constantly 80 - 100% for weeks now. Thank goodness I have electricity. I use a t-8 unit with two 32w bulbs to keep the plants photosynthesis going. Its easy on the wallet, with electricity at .28/KWH. Gotta get this new mother/clone room built ASAP, its time for major wattage.

The stars of the show so far are the Nevilles Haze x Mullimbimby Madness seeedlings, these things are giants,lol My friend told me not to plant these till I had no height or width restrictions. He said they get 16 ft PLUS!! They are very vigourous, fast growing, tight nodal structure and mostly, almost 100% pure SATIVA..:woohoo: Im in love, cant wait to see the buds and I'm really stoked to see the male seedlings, cause this is a breeding project.

I have 5 very vigorous seedlings and a cull, a runty little yellow thing, Im gonna give it to a guy I know,who cant grow for shit and LOVES to take on rescue plants. He tries sooo hard, and FAILS. Its not like we have not given him a ton of really nice, AAA grade clones, we have, its just he EPIC FAILS, every time, without a doubt. He is one of my medical friends, we think he has asbergers and is autistic. So we toss him the culls and he feels like he is still in the loop.

The other seedlings doing outstanding in all the rain and moisture and low light levels are the Platinum OG xPNG, and the Pineapple xPNG. Have never grown these yet, made the cross myself. We will see.
Got some clones from a friend, Cataract Kush, NL and an old HI strain know as Catdog. Rippin little buggers they are. I have smoked the catdog, yumm yumm YUMMM!! cant wait for my own catdoggy buds.

The name brand strains that are EPIC FAIL here so far are;
10 -Bahia Blackhead from KC brains( got one to crack,lol and its a runt)

10 -KC36 from KC brains( 1 cracked, only plant to be eaten by birds so far)

10-Leda Uno from KC Brains( zero cracked, total waste of time)

Thats it for me with Kc Brains,I will never buy Kc Brains seed pack again, or even try and grow them for free, so help me God.

The following are the name brand, well bred, totally awesome strains that are not fail, just wont make the mold proof jungle strain cut..

10-Mental Floss from Chimera ( 100% germination, they just dont like the jungle, more of a indoor, or outdoor California plant. Im gonna run em, but they are small for now,1/4 the size of the other plants, till I breed them bigger. Im gonna keep em around for pollen and breeding. I know this strain is a rippa, a monster , I know it can, and does hit double digits outdoors in Norcal. Just does not like this spotty sun and rain.)

5 - SFV OG X ChemD from Ojd. ( they all cracked and died, never got going, was too wet I think. I wish i had more. I really need to get some chem and og stuff going here, I miss it like crazy,lol)
5 Sfv OG Kush seeds from nugs I got in LA never cracked. (Oh well, maybe next time, it was bagseed anyway,lol)

Im having more luck with my own breeds or friends crosses than all these packs I bought or were gifted, go figure???
The experiment continues....

JOJO420

Veteran
Got one Indica...

Got one Indica...

Blue Moonshine is going NUTS!! I cant believe it. This might be an Indica worth growing here...No PM, No ISSUES, GROWIN LIKE A WEED,LOL..My Hatch , my breed, is all the same pheno, all the same, every time. I have 300 more seeds:woohoo:
This will be a cornerstone to a project here for sure, Blue line Indica Blood.

JOJO420

Veteran
Sativas in da wild

Sativas in da wild

I Have an Heirloom Strain going right now, Nevilles Haze x Mullimbimby Madness. Its what I call Neville's Madness. Came from a friend many yrs back, he is an ICmag legend to some. If he wants me to tell you guys who did the breeding I will tell ya. Otherwise I got the goods for now, lets hope he chimes in.. Im honored to have such a fine strain in my possession in seed form, but I'm even more stoked to have seedlings growing and seeds left over :) I have 5 healthy seedling as of now.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nice jojo, looks like that will be a huge sativa!! i grew nev's haze from seed indo in HI lol, that was a test of patience, but it had a killer stone and a smell like what i describe as burnt nuts, or a nutty smell to her, the tast wasn't all killer, but the high was.

good luck, i just got threw pulling a few that were in the rain this whole past cycle and i must say they did pretty good considering, got um out at about 45-50 days bloom and taste is there as well as high. it's what i am stoned on right now :D

anywhoo bro, good luck with your search. aloha

JOJO420

Veteran
wooha!! stoned outa my mind riht now on good Hawaiian. was gonna post but im not gonna. gonna pass out and try this again tom,lol...:woohoo: Sativa buds..god im stoned........:dance013:

Dirtboy808

Veteran
Howizit JOJO Thanks for all the info on the plants. I got a Trainwreck x707 clone then crossed to my Trainwreck and not bad on mold had alittle PM but no rot I finished them off can't say that for the store bought ones. I'm in the Acers. Aloha Bra

JOJO420

Veteran
hi dirtboy808, howzit bro?, What is a 707 clone? never heard of that one. I bet the trainwreck made it nice whatevea it is..

Today I thinned out my trip to just mother plants. Off the top of my head I have
1 Bluberry mama
3 PlatinumOg x PNG
2 Pineapple x PNG
4 Nevilles Haze x Mullimbimby Madness
2 Blue Moonshine
2 Catdogs

Currently stoked, but wishing for more sun :)

Dirtboy808

Veteran
JOJO English was not my good subject sat in back of class plus Winward Oahu in 60 was very country no need school surf fish. A good friend gave me a clone of Trainwreck X 707 Headband I think that's how it went, then crossed it with my Trainwreck male they were both very different Trainwrecks the plants from that is what I have now and have much less rot then the parents just got lucky on that cross. We have Sun today yea!

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Ace Bangi Haze was partially bred in cold wet environments and would be a possible contender for breeding in your area. Bet luck. Mahalo.