What's new

Mold proof jungle strains

THC123

Veteran
i have had a few phenos of frisian dew that flowered and finished in constant rain with maybe one or two moldy buds on a 3 pound plant

JOJO420

Veteran
what is the genetic background of the Frisian Dew?? Im curious.
Kamyo, welcome to the jungle,lol..
Please post any and all jungle results :)

Last edited:

JOJO420

Veteran
Sativas in da wild

Sativas in da wild

Here are some sativas in da wild. Colombian Gold and a Blue Moonshine (sativa pheno) couple of bud's for ya.. These are being worked as we speak.

Attachments

• IMG_3337.jpg
    IMG_3337.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3417.jpg
    IMG_3417.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3416.jpg
    IMG_3416.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3335.jpg
    IMG_3335.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3338.jpg
    IMG_3338.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3342.jpg
    IMG_3342.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3343.jpg
    IMG_3343.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3341.jpg
    IMG_3341.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 12

THC123

Veteran
img26923459213.jpg

img26963551952.jpg

img27013692484.jpg

img26993652731.jpg

It is super skunk x purple nr 1 or purple star dont remember

the thing with this strain is that you HAVE to look for one or two moms

the genetics are pretty unstable so there are manymanymany phenos

Some phenos are not very mold resistant but some are unbelievably mold resistant and have compact nugs

the pics i posted here are from the very mold resistant phenos

JOJO420

Veteran
Wow, those are really nice THC123.. I have some skunk#1 x Purps to try myself.I did not do so because I thought skunk molded.. The purps is Purple Passion(PP) from Dj Short and Dutch Passion. We grew the PP outdoors in santa cruz county for 5 yrs, down near the rivers and in moist conditions. Crossed to a Norcal Skunk#1.I have maybe 900-1000 seeds :0
Here are some bud shots.

Attachments

• IMG_3443.jpg
    IMG_3443.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3165.jpg
    IMG_3165.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3407.jpg
    IMG_3407.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3408.jpg
    IMG_3408.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3167.jpg
    IMG_3167.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3164.jpg
    IMG_3164.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3455.jpg
    IMG_3455.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3465.jpg
    IMG_3465.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3369.jpg
    IMG_3369.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nice jojo, so you still looking for those strains that do good in HI climate? or you working um for cali weather? either way, way to go bro, everything looks tight! aloha

JOJO420

Veteran
Im doing both selections. I got the lines working in both areas.
I personally will be doing the Hawaii selections next.
I am always looking for mold proof jungle strains, always. I will be sorting out hundreds of different seeds starting in Feb, should be interesting.
Nepalese strains might be an idea, most of them flower through a monsoon season
This is great news :)
Try some Ace gear. Bangi Haze was partially bred in wet outdoor climates.
I soo want this strain. One day I will come across some Bangi Haze, one day :)

Chaman

JoJo,
Checked the thread, jeje soooo many awesome sugestions indeed. I love Ace seeds due to the breeding the do with real landrace genetics, not the normal Amsterdam gentic pools of the same.

Little confused...You mentioned you want a good yield, but don't want a big plant. A big yield, and a heavy yield are 2 dif things. Sativas will give a huge yield jejeje but when you wiegh it nice and dry...what ever the scale says...SUCKS, jeje but you still have alot of bud infront of you. A heavy yield would involve a hybird (indica Cross), would give you less amout of bud, but yes a heavier yield.

Ok that aside, many great hybirs are mentioned, out of those look up if it's got Afghani, or Skunk in the cross, if it does...well don't keep it as a first choice. Afghani, and many of these indicas like dry dry dry weather, and are insect friendly. Also avoid anything with a vally Sativa in it....Laos, and most South East Asians, Africans will grow big. You'd have too use clones that are already in early flower...try to start late, will just give you imature buds in my opion. In this case what has worked for me, its simple.

Start alot of seeds in a small pot. Plants will not branch, and the yield will suck...but its the best way too finish huge sativa genetics in a faster time frame. You just got to watch for stress cuasing hermies. I normaly start about 10 seeds and just pluck my males as they grow. I leave the females to fight for nutrients and root space, baisc bonsai sativa. I keep the size of the pot small as I can, and make a Tea to feed along with frecuent watering. To asure healty plants despite the stress I keep them under, and only when forced I'll transfer to larger pots...normaly not after in good early flower. I don't transfer while in growth, due to it would just make bigger plants, yes better yields, but the idea is to finish them faster...smaller plants, and the more you can keep in the smaller pot is the trick to getting plants that can take a yr to finish and grow over 6 meters to finish in less then 4-5 months and stay under 5-6 feet tall. jeje then agian you still find a stubburn plant that just wants too de her thing, like the last one ive been growing...but this is due to the roots growing into the ground under the pot.

If you check my thread agian, you'll see this...most of the time I've got alot of plants in a pot. The less plants you do, the bigger they get, the more they yield. The larger the pot too...So i'd put just one indica in a larg pot, due to the plants start to flower naturaly from the moment they are born here under our 12/12 natual day/night so I try to get as much as I can from them, and only water them when the leafs jsut start to droop to asure the almost dry/wet sild to areat and feed those roots as the would in there own inviroment. Sativas on the other hand are at home here, so i've got too make them unconfortable ( watering them less, small root space, and lots per pot) ofthen trianning them, not by cutting the tops, but by bending the stems, sometimes literaly braking the stem unpurpose...but this will cuase branches.

Bro, in Haiwaii i've herd lots of people grow up in the trees...make a small plat fourm up in the tress to hide from people steeling crops jeje not many look for plants up in the trees, and to hide from the helicopters and all that...as a bald spot in the forest is a give away, but growing little bits here and there spread out in trees would also make it harder for thiefs to find all your plants or cops for that matter too.

Down here the DEA and CostaRican gove, find plants in the MILLIONES !!! jeje sucks, our Indians trade their crops to the DEA for Rice, medicines and school supplies sometimes...most the time the cops got to walk for days and days too find the spots that the helicopters found, these are burnt on spot...Sucks to read about these finds in the paper.

jeje had to read alot too finaly see the pics at the end, real nice grows, the plants got a good size on them jejeje for someone who is looking for smaller plants ;) nicely done indeed and thanks for mentioning my Thread at the beginning. If you have any more questions about how too read your plants in this meth let me know...you do have too read your plants, look for Ph lock ups, and symtoms of unhappy plants. The Tea is a main part, as the more plants you have in a pot the faster the initial food they started out with gets taken in, and will need aditional feedings. I'd stay away from Hidroponica food, the salts build up alot faster than the Natural Teas. (guano and worm castings mostly)

Soo many things i'm sure other growers have up their sleaves jejeje you don't get the best yield off one plant...but all the plants together give you something nice, and varied not to mention. She is unique, and you can put several strains at a time...it is best to keep the genetics togehter jeje not going too put Colombian seeds in the same pot as Thai for example, jeje but def gives you a chance to mix it up and do lots at the same time...not good for choosing mothers and don't get the whole taste of growing the huge plants we'd love too, but still its better than nothing.

Blessings,
Cool & Calm
Chaman

JOJO420

Veteran
Hawaii

Hawaii

ALOHA from Hawaii. Im home again finally, back in the jungle :) Man it feels good to be here. I got right to work.
On Super Bowl Sunday I cracked the following:
Pineapple x PNG -100 seeds
Blueberry-50 seeds
Morningstar-25 seeds
Nevilles Haze x Mullumbimby Madness-10 seeds
Platinum OG x PNG-10 seeds
I am super stoked to be growing in the outdoors again :) The weather is perfect for starting these and I have acres to plant on. As I was wandering around the yard yesterday, I noticed that the last tenant had forgotten some plants in the bushes when she left. They are pure sativa, sexed seedlings, that were about 4-5 weeks in flower and completely seeded. I found a couple of spent males and a crazy hermi nearby, I assume they are the pollen donors. So what I did was cut off all the seeded buds and trimmed the plants to regrow, I then tossed em under my T-5 and we will see. I only kept the true females.
They seem to be a south Indian sativa, cause the tenant goes from here to India, and has spent the last 27 yrs doing so. I am gonna call her and ask if she knows exactly what they are. They smell extremely stinky and sweet with huge greasy, crystal covered calyx's. Based on smell alone, I would give these two thumbs up.

TheFlyinHaWyn!

nice jojo, is that fets 303? the PNG, if so a friend grew the pure of that out a few years ago and that shit was the bomb. super sativa with a kick ass taste, super zippy.

good luck with that shit bro, loving it that we can grow year round!

aloha

JOJO420

Veteran
is that fets 303? the PNG,
No , its not. These came from a friend that went on a mission to get these seeds himself. Its pure PNG. It is the bomb for sure, I heard about that 303, but I have never sampled it myself. This PNG is pure Landrace, from Papua New Guinea. He went on a 5 yr mission to find seeds and these are the results.It's super Zippy for sure, but it has a carrot like smell, people don't think its ganja, smells like fresh shaved carrots :)

I sprouted more seeds today, I got da itch, plus I got no herb at the moment cause of my move. Won't be long now....

JOJO420

Veteran
Today I planted the following breeder packs in soil:
10 -Bahia Blackhead from KC brains
10 -KC36 from KC brains
10-Leda Uno from KC Brains
10-Mental Floss from Chimera
5 - SFV OG X ChemD from Ojd
10 NYCD from Soma
5 Sfv OG Kush seeds from nugs I got in LA, I lived in the sfv for awhile :)
I got most of these from ICmag.. thank you gypsy, thank you everyone who contributed..
I cant wait to share :)

dork

sup jojo. dork here. this is my first post after years of lurking.
hope all is well in paradise . i have to say sourapple headband
and nl x bb x hi are beasts. thanks so much.

JOJO420

Veteran
Sup dork, glad you like em. They are beasts for sure.
Well, I have been fighting rain for the last week, rain all day and all night, with only sporadic sunshine, nothing lasting. I noticed that the seeds that I cracked while it was hot and dry 2 weeks ago sprouted the best.
I got damn near 100% on the Platinum Og , Blueberry , Blue Moonshine and Pineapple Png. The rest not so good, I gotta try doing those in soil next time.
I got 0, thats zero, of my KC brains Leda Uno to crack and only 1 Kc36 and 1 Bahia Blackhead. I heard of the germ problems with Kc Brains, now I know for myself. Thats 2 outa 30, pathetic :(
I did get all my Mental Floss to crack, 100 %. I love this strain, and Chimera is a good guy and excellent breeder, kudos to Chimera :)
The NYCD AND Og chems have not cracked either. Not sure why,I'm thinking cause its been really humid and some times cold at night. This is why I do lots of new seed strains at a time, the jungle will eat most plants for breakfast. If it wont crack the first time , back in the seed bank it goes for another climate, another day.
Im thinking of planting more of the Nevilles Haze x Mullimbimby Madness,and the pure PNG next. These had 100% germ rates and they are growing fast, even with all the rain.
Oh and I found out what my mystery plants are. I was right about one being South Indian. It is, pure landrace from her travels. She collected some seeds from an Indian Farmer after smoking his buds. The other plant is a HAWAIIAN SATIVA :) she says she has had these Hawaiian seeds for over 27 yrs, and she keeps the lines separate. Im hoping they keep regrowing without any problems.

Last edited:

dr.penthotal

Chasing the orange grapefruit rabbit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hallo there. sorry to arrive late here. I noticed this only lately... Lots of amazing plant and a lovely environment you have... probably best place in the world, man!
Let me humbly suggest for your project a cross I made.Sour indian x Agent orange. Indian was a very special plant whose seeds were carefully selected in a valley of plant for her special apricot/peach pear smell. They were 16+ weeks flw sativas very mold resistant, quite fluffy but beautifully smelling and tasting.
This plant dominated even sour diesel in taste and aspect. I crossed this sour indian with agent orange to add some flavours and lower down the flowering time. they're out on the bay both as freebies and as server fundraiser. It would be a nice one to flower there. It's a special from the jungle indeed.
Take in account also some sativas like amnesia x ao or nyghaze x ao, they proved to be really mold resistant in my humid 45°N outdoor.
Hope this helps
Dr.P

corky1968

Veteran
The Kerala and Highland Thai I grew about 2 years ago
would be great for Hawaii without a doubt. Both are pure
sativas. Indicas will probably get moldy unless they have
access to lots of wind in a rainy climate.

So find a sativa if you can.

JOJO420

Veteran
Hi everyone, still dealing with constant rain, it has rained every day and night for 2 weeks now. At least its warm :)
Bro, in Haiwaii i've herd lots of people grow up in the trees...make a small plat fourm up in the tress to hide from people steeling crops jeje not many look for plants up in the trees, and to hide from the helicopters and all that...as a bald spot in the forest is a give away, but growing little bits here and there spread out in trees would also make it harder for thiefs to find all your plants or cops for that matter too.
This is true, I know people doing tree grows. Its a lot of work though. And the copters know about the tree thing, they get them too. I know a guy who had a platform that they could not drop a guy on, so the copter went low and blew all his plants and his dirt right out of the tree. Looked like they almost took the top of the tree off. crazy copters,arghh...
Let me humbly suggest for your project a cross I made.Sour indian x Agent orange. Indian was a very special plant whose seeds were carefully selected in a valley of plant for her special apricot/peach pear smell. They were 16+ weeks flw sativas very mold resistant, quite fluffy but beautifully smelling and tasting.
OMG, wow, this sounds like its right up my alley, I gotta try n get some for sure. Good lookout bro :)
The Kerala and Highland Thai I grew about 2 years ago
would be great for Hawaii without a doubt. Both are pure
sativas.
Without a doubt these would go off here. I like the sound of the Kerala, and Thai weed is all over here, lots of old vets and travelers ..
I cracked more seeds last night, I put down more (Northern Lights x Blueberry) x Hawaiian, the rest of my Neville's Haze x Mullimbimby Madness, all of my Northern Lights x OPT and a couple Ursa Major x Bluechungs for good measure. Im rollin right along :dance013:

groady-ho

as is all-too-common in my life, I succumbed to my
Veteran
hey guys, quick question for y'all....my nephew did a semester down in costa rico last yr..student exchange program...anyway he brought me back 30 or so seeds from costa rico and nicaragua, what do you think i can expect? what's weed like down there? anyone know..going to catch up on this thread..
thx guys..G

JOJO420

Veteran
anyway he brought me back 30 or so seeds from costa rico and nicaragua, what do you think i can expect? what's weed like down there?
Hey bro, my homie lives in Costa Rica and he tellls me that he get tons of sativa import from panama and Nicaragua. The home grown is all hazes and sativas. He tells me that the native people near him grow a strain called mango for themselves. Ask your friend if he knows what the seeds came from, that will give us a base to start from. Thanks for checkin out my thread and Good luck with those beans.

Im going nuts with crackin seeds, put in 20 of BOG's Lifesaver Diesel yesterday. I cant wait to find out which strain will be my mold proof jungle strain :)