What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MMPR problems: Starting materials(seeds or plants)

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
Has anyone transferred starting materials from MMAR to MMPR since April? I am sure somebody has heard something?
I could see one of the upcoming LPs taking Health Canada to court. This apparent lack of starting materials for future LPs creates a huge advantage for the first few MMPR companies with the MMAR strains they bought. Totally unfair industry standards!

C

c-ray

I see a few LP's are building their product lines from retail dutch seeds..

diffusing

I see a few LP's are building their product lines from retail dutch seeds..

as have I, but is it 'legal'? Does health canada themselves even know? I'm starting to think they have no idea whats going on, closing their eyes, and waiting for things to settle down.

seeds are not illegal in canada, there are probably 10k+ strains available here within the country. the regulations of the mmpr are a bit more strict. they need to buy from other countries. weird.. since in my travels canada wins hands down for cannabis quality world wide. So forcing us to buy from other countries.. ... is odd to say the least.

there is pretty close to 0 chance any of those LPs you speak of applied for import licences for those beans. maybe they grabbed from mmar guys.. but even then...can you trust those genetics? where did they really come from in the first place?

It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

In the Netherlands Importing, stocking, supplying and exporting cannabis seed is exempted from regulation under the 1961 U.N. Single Convention on narcotic drugs and affiliated international treaties. In countries such as the Netherlands, freedom to trade cannabis seeds is clearly incorporated in the national Opium or Narcotics Act legislation.

Import is a legal source of supply of marihuana for Licensed Producers. Narcotics can only be imported or exported if the shipment is authorized by a permit issued by Health Canada. A Licensed Producer, who holds a valid Controlled Drugs and Substances Licence, is eligible to apply for such a permit. Direct importation or exportation of starting materials by individuals is prohibited under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA).

Please note that prior to contacting the Office of Controlled Substances to assist with the process, you must identify a legal foreign source and must provide their complete contact information. You must ensure that the potential legal source is allowed to import/export out of their country. Any processing fees and other legalities associated with the process are the sole responsibility of the applicant. It is on the onus of the Licensed Producer to determine a legal foreign source.

Last time I looked there were seed companies here in Canada with storefronts selling seeds and charging tax. That sounds like a legal source to me. Unless revenue Canada is collecting tax on an illegal product. Hmmmm.

GG.

Ras Mason

Veteran
what about meristem culture?
How is the law written? does it talk about plants and seeds, omitting cells?
just saying

C

c-ray

what does the law say about pretending an elite cutting is something that came from a seed started in the mmpr program, probably not much.. seems anything goes, when you have lp's and wannabes calling plants whatever they feel like..

hvac guy

Medijean is trying to be a clone and seed supplier, they didn't get their LP because no more money, blew through a few million dollars on nothing. Bunch of scammers at that place.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bc_god_bud.jpg

Nice, rocking the BCBD God Bud.... Go for the Gold!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hehe, I have a bit of green a grower sent me from Cali, labeled as Bunk Depot God Bud, that looks the exact bloody same. The excuse they gave for it looking like 10 week sativa? It was grown outdoor.

:laughing:

BeardOfGreen

Can anyone explain why I get the feeling that my massive BCBD catalog is all questionable African sativas?

Does this not look like what they grow on Denman??

GOD

bcbdgodbud.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts