What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MM X 78Thia was never released by Nevil

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
When Nev was working with the Thai he got from Reef, he called it "Swiss Thai", not Thai '78. He would never use the same name for 2 different lines. Who would? It fails the common sense test.
Reef gave Nev Thai82 from Green Hornet and Nev called it Swiss Thai.
Nevil called my Thai - Thia there is no confusion at all and and never was i tried to tell you all and my thanks was to be trolled.

This was posted by Bushweed in 2010

1670831525634.png

Nevil had not even received my Thai seed let alone germinated them until some years later.

No point going around and around in circles Raho those are the facts.

People are not growing my Thai in hybrids unless they are growing the out backhaze full stop.

Now the line Bushweed has listed there as MM x Thai78 is ether Reefermans Thai or that is a completely different Thai78 again.

Raho

Veteran
Nevil called my Thai - Thia there is no confusion at all and and never was i tried to tell you all and my thanks was to be trolled.

This was posted by Bushweed in 2010

View attachment 18791047

Nevil had not even received my Thai seed let alone germinated them until some years later.

No point going around and around in circles Raho those are the facts.

People are not growing my Thai in hybrids unless they are growing the out backhaze full stop.

Now the line Bushweed has listed there as MM x Thai78 is ether Reefermans Thai or that is a completely different Thai78 again.
This list can't be both incorrect and correct at the same time, depending on if it helps your argument at the moment.
Bushy wrote the list, not Nevil.
Bushy wrote it Thia to make fun of your inability to spell a 4 letter word. I have done it myself many times, as have others. Nobody calls it Thia as an actual name. They don't have to because there is only one "Thai 78" in available breeding work from Aus.
You know that, Hempy.

I don't know what happened with that profile post of bushys. There are 2 explanations for that that come to mind:
  1. He edited the post
  2. The date was altered during one of the mutliple forum software upgrades that occured since he made the comment.
Either is a reasonable explanation that makes your assertion that the comments proves he didn't have the "real" 78 moot.

However, even more compelling is the fact that bushweed made a series of posts with pictures of his MMx78 grow . . . not here but on MNS. He made those posts in 2014 documenting the grow of the seeds he got from Nevil. They are still there today.

Here are the pics:
Bushy 2014 giant MM x Thai'78 from MNS_4.jpg

Bushy 2014 giant MM x Thai'78 from MNS_5.jpg

Bushy 2014 giant MM x Thai'78 from MNS_3.jpg

Bushy 2014 giant MM x Thai'78 from MNS_2.jpg

Bushy 2014 giant MM x Thai'78 from MNS_1.jpg

The significance of this is that MNS didn't upgrade their software in the same timeframe, and the posts there are available for anyone that wants to search for them (I'm not gonna do it for you.)

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Raho with all do respect people were trading MM x Thai78 seed over at the Lab growing out those seed years before Nevil even got my seed so do us both a favor and believe what ever the hell you want.

I know when Nevil got my seed i know when they were grown out and i know your mate bushy Nevil got them.

THE END and there is no part 2.

Raho

Veteran
Raho with all do respect people were trading MM x Thai78 seed over at the Lab growing out those seed years before Nevil even got my seed so do us both a favor and believe what ever the hell you want.

I know when Nevil got my seed i know when they were grown out and i know your mate bushy Nevil got them.

THE END and there is no part 2.
I was at "The Lab" with Kanga, Bushy and other Aussies.
It was created to get away from you and Jesse.
You weren't there.

What you posted above is simply not true.

romanoweed

He said he gave Nev a few lines including the Swiss Thai/82 Thai as well as another labelled 78 Thai which was a lemon thai variety.
Does anyone know what lemon Thai means? Does it mean the already outcrossed "lemon Thai", or does this Therm mean just that its a lemon smelling thai?

romanoweed

But i have some concerns: ou posted that quote semmingly from Reef:

I actually sent him all my thai seeds so he had 82 -78 lemon which is a Nl5 5x2 x lemon thai x Lemon thai
and he says: i sent nevil 82, 78 lemon --- So it says 78 LEMON.

Ive seen Reef selling Lemon Thai, so wouldnt Nevil called this one simply "Lemon thai" eventually? And call the Swisstah82 78, BECAUSE Reef made the mistacke and gave it wrong name?

Thats of corse just my subjective specualtive Hyppothesis. No Claim

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
But i have some concerns: ou posted that quote semmingly from Reef:

and he says: i sent nevil 82, 78 lemon --- So it says 78 LEMON.

Ive seen Reef selling Lemon Thai, so wouldnt Nevil called this one simply "Lemon thai" eventually? And call the Swisstah82 78, BECAUSE Reef made the mistacke and gave it wrong name?

Thats of corse just my subjective specualtive Hyppothesis. No Claim
Lemon Thai is originally from Dutch Flowers, Thai x Hawaiian.Love this variety btw.Good outdoor variety too.

romanoweed

i mean look at this sentence:

I actually sent him all my thai seeds so he had 82 -78 lemon which is a Nl5 5x2 x lemon thai x Lemon thai
why would someone call a thing that includes Lemon Thai and Nl5 , why would he call it 78 even ????

I said it already: reef does not make sense when i talked to him. He does not, so, anything he would send you would not shure be what you think it is. Right?

I mean at this point in time he called the swiss Thai a 82. So this should represent a moment of Sober Reeferman? Imho it does not, like said.. Or there is another explonation, but i get this confusion all the time, reef always rows arund names that totally cnfuse, he always combines parts of names, 78, lemon, lemon thai, 82, swissthai, to make a big bowl of confusion, about a thing that could be one and the same strain more or less-.. or be 5 different strains. haha-

Reef is confusing, good guy in heart, but confusing

romanoweed

or i am confused. However im a careful listener and actually listen to small nuances to spot potential liars and historys aswell

romanoweed

Like said: Reef relased Hoabac, but he also relsased Vietnamese Silver Flower, he also relased Vietnam Mindfuck..
And the funny thing: these are all the same Strain acording my research.. Reef just..

romanoweed

In other words: IF someone implies that a trade between Reef and Nevil would have resulted in a certain amount of logic (namely: Reef would have ended up with this or that Line) , then implies that Reef is speaking clearly understandable in his Trade.

Acording my Impression he does not.

So, the idea that we who believe that a Bushweeds 78 could be 82 are therefre not necessarly mistacken. We are just beliving this or that, atleast me. in n o way do i wanna claim.

I have to say, it could als be that oldschoolbas Thai 78 is infact this Nl5 x Lemon Thai x Lemon Thai--

Because i seen a fat Pheno..

oldschoolba might give you insights from his pics.. to lead you to the one or other direction. I mean thai82 was relatively distinct, it had blue hues, red hues, and a Wheat look (i dont know how to describe in words)

romanoweed

Yes, 8-9 Weeks really match the oldschoolbas Thai78s pictures (the date i got the fresh pictures , autumnday, barely any flower.).

And like said very early: when i asked oldschoolba about thai78, he mentioned its a swiss Thai.. you heard me, he gave two Therms for the swissthai.

So, Nevil using the term Swiss Thai "already" doesent debunk the possibility that Reeferman called a Swiss Thai , a Thai78 aswell. Because thats what i see is what Reef did (when talking to oldschoolba).

Well, there is one small "possibility of logic" why Nevil would never stick to the term Thai78, and it is cause he already had another Thai78 Line..

But to say its impossible or unlogic Nev. would use the term thai78 for swissthai is not understandable for me atleast.
He just could have added Hempys Thai78 to the Name to differ the Hempys from Swissthai.
And Nev. was just confused from Reeferman himselve , got thai78 swissthai Names in his head..

Last edited: