What's new

MLB 2013 SEASON!

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its almost baseball season!! Cant frikkin wait, should be an interesting year for baseball. Lots of teams have stepped it up and spent a ton on money on what they think will take them to the WS. The Angels and Dodgers have really beefed up their players,whether they can play as a team or not we will see. Just because you spend all that money on players doesn't mean you will win games.
So who do you think is going to into the post season and winning the WS?
Pretty sure most of you know who Im rooting for!! heheh The World Champs SF GIANTS hehe
They have alot of the same team back and Im hoping they can do it again!! :dance013:

The PED controversy is really heating up again with that Florida place coming out with all those names that have been visiting it!! Some crazy shit there, wonder whats going to happen?

So all you baseball fans, get your gear on...ready for some BASEBALL!!!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
WooHoo! opening day. My Yanks got their butts handed to them today and their batting line-up was the worse I've seen them have in 20+ years. I still think they'll be competitive just not dominate. Us yanks fans have been spoiled for way too long.

Mrs. Babab how did your fantasy team turn out?

burns1n209

Oakland athletics!! Went to the giants vs a's on friday night in the city and then saturday in oakland, both places sold out for preseason. We took the bay series 2 out of 3. Somebody fucked the schedule up this yr, we usually play 2 series' s at both places on the weekend. This yr we play 1 series each and there during the week. Dont know what happened there. Ive been to the bay series games for the last 6yrs straight first time no games on the weekend. You woild think those games are the money makers and would be played on weekend. Owell glade I got to go this past weekend just incase I cant make a weekday game...were gonna have a though divison this yr. Maybe the division to beat. Angles steped it up. Also houston was just added to the division, they havent been that good but they made so big moves in off season, and just beat texas on opening day so they might be in contention.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WooHoo! opening day. My Yanks got their butts handed to them today and their batting line-up was the worse I've seen them have in 20+ years. I still think they'll be competitive just not dominate. Us yanks fans have been spoiled for way too long.

Mrs. Babab how did your fantasy team turn out?

Finally opening day!!!! The giants got whooped on by the dodgers, damnit...Kershaw hit a flippin homer :cuss:
Oh well its just the first game....we'll do better tomorrow :D

Otto, we'll see I guess....I have a decent team I hope! :dance:

GO GIANTS!!! hhehe

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Detroit Tigers Undefeated!!!

When will they be handed their first loss? Only time will tell, for now the streak remains at 1.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Mrs. Babba sorry I spelled your name wrong my my post. I was also curious about who was on your fantasy team this year. I was invited into a fantasy league as well and I haven't done one in 8-10 years. I was so lost when I had to draft my team! I was able to pick up my boy Robbie Cano, so I know I made a decent play their.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oakland athletics!! Went to the giants vs a's on friday night in the city and then saturday in oakland, both places sold out for preseason. We took the bay series 2 out of 3. Somebody fucked the schedule up this yr, we usually play 2 series' s at both places on the weekend. This yr we play 1 series each and there during the week. Dont know what happened there. Ive been to the bay series games for the last 6yrs straight first time no games on the weekend. You woild think those games are the money makers and would be played on weekend. Owell glade I got to go this past weekend just incase I cant make a weekday game...were gonna have a though divison this yr. Maybe the division to beat. Angles steped it up. Also houston was just added to the division, they havent been that good but they made so big moves in off season, and just beat texas on opening day so they might be in contention.

Yeah burns, not sure why they mess with the schedule....the weekend would deff fill the seat s more!

Mrs. Babba sorry I spelled your name wrong my my post. I was also curious about who was on your fantasy team this year. I was invited into a fantasy league as well and I haven't done one in 8-10 years. I was so lost when I had to draft my team! I was able to pick up my boy Robbie Cano, so I know I made a decent play their.

No problem Otto, I have Buster,Pence,Swisher,Utley,Upton...some others...I have NO idea what it all means, just hoping I learn as I go. Im so happy its baseball season again!!! Watching the Giants, and going back and forth to the Tex/Hou game..perfect game going on in the 9th!!! Darvish is pitching....whoooo

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do ya all think of the pitcher getting his collar bone broke after being charged at the mound?? Quentin got an 8 day suspension and a fine...Harriston got a 1 day suspension and a fine. Maddingly said that Quentin shouldnt come back till Greinke does....which is fair to me, he shouldnt have ever went after the pitcher like that[ and I hate the dodgers hehe] thats not what baseball is about.
Kemp he was actin the fool, making things worse then trying to stop all the fighting!
My Fantasy team is doing great!! hehe
GO GIANTS....

going to a game in one week..whoooo cant wait :D

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
The pitch looked intentional to me and if that is the case you better be ready to back it up.

The game within the game.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
No way that pitch was intentional it was a 1 run game on a 3-2 count. Doesn't make any sense to hit him in that spot. If you noticed the catcher on that exact pitch, he set-up outside which should tell people that grenkie threw a bad pitch not close to his intended target. Plus Quentin crowds the plate like a jerk, if he can't handle the heat step back, the dude has been hit 90 something times in his career so far, that's unheard of now a days. Totally uncalled for IMO.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear what your saying TC, there has always been that, "you hit my guy, Im going to hit your guy" but that was not the time to charge the mound...totally not intentional to me any way.....
What Otto said, the count,the score, it just doesn't add up.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I could very well be wrong. I just saw the replay and like Otto said, catcher set up outside and the pitch was WAY inside obviously.

That combined with the fact that Greinke has plunked him multiple times led me to my point. Of course I don't follow Western teams real well so I will defer to those more knowledgeable than me.

GO TIGERS!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts