What's new

Mitch's Regular Tent

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the feedback guys!

It may not be too apparant from the pictures but the bushes have grown into a square shape through all the training and not having much space to branch out laterally,

I'm thinking of putting a cane in each corner of the pot, and then use a grid or netting to support the middle colas, does any one have any recommendations?
1.5" squares would be around the right size I think..

roll it large

Coco-grower
Veteran
You want pea netting mate works a treat i wont do another grow without it again

if yout using a tent tiewrap it to the corner poles tight snd u wont even need to use a single cane

sorry for typos my thums too big for this new ohone lol

peace

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cheers dude!, I don't want it over the whole tent though as the Sour boggle side shouldn't need it. Plus i like to turn my plants daily, was just wanting to do it to the individual pots,

Maybe i could do it ghetto with some garden wire or something :)

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
My reveggers aren't as bushy as your gals, but I use the ghetto method of old stems as stakes, with garden wire (the plastic coated stuff) to tie the main stems down.....any buds that start to get a bit dominant get tied down to the main stalk with string (I find string easier to tighten up/slack off than garden wire)....just tighten up the string to keep any escaping bud on the level. Probably a bit more work than some sort of netting, though.

picture.php

ETA: If you use stakes, it's worth putting some kind of cap on the ends.....nothing worse than leaning forward for a close look and getting a sharp stick in the eye....I use the plastic covers they put on electrical plugs...

Last edited:
S

speedemon

Looking very healthy mitch mate :) you have to love monster cropping :) you should see what my Heaths Chiesel looks like lol I will grab you a pic later if I remember ;)

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the idea blimey, and safety tips :)

Cheers Rocksolid, I will get a lights off shot next time if I can

speedemon - feel free to post your heath chiesal shot in here, I did try shooting inside the bush but its pretty chaotic :) !

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My tiny Blues cuts taken in flower have rooted and are starting to put on some growth now.

I'm not super sure they are legit though.. , I went around and saw my friends at Xmas around 4 weeks into flower, and they look ok but don't have the pukkas stench I remember when he had them in hydro a year or so back.

Here's a little picture, hard to tell I appreciate but anyone in the know feel free to let me know. Will be a shame if they aren't as I had planned a bunch of crosses to it..

picture.php

S

speedemon

speedemon - feel free to post your heath chiesal shot in here, I did try shooting inside the bush but its pretty chaotic :) !

Thanks mate, here are some pics of my Heaths Chiesel to give an idea of monster cropping or taking cuts 2-3 weeks into flower :) :tiphat::ying::ying:

Attachments

• PC310003.JPG
    PC310003.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PC310004.JPG
    PC310004.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 12
  • PC310005.JPG
    PC310005.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 14

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Update.. I know the fun hasn't really started yet but I was bored with camera in hand!

They have been in 12/12 for 8 days.

The last Sour Boggle to show sex was female, so I got 7/10

Here is a pic of 1 male: They have been removed from tent and will go under CFL soon.
picture.php

Here is one Mental Floss 3, it doesn't have another next to it, so it has been allowed to get a bit wider

picture.php

Here is the underside: You can still see a few of the single blade leaves it threw out whilst revegging.
picture.php

It has some nice stripey stems:
picture.php

Here is my Stinky Pinky #2, It was pretty fast the first time round ~ Around 7 Weeks, Dense frosty but not overly huge buds.
picture.php

And again #2
picture.php

And lastly is Stinky Pinky #3 It took around 10 weeks last run, will see if it is quicker this time.

picture.php

Not yet too crowded in there, but still another couple of weeks of the stretch to come.
I might toss one of my tiny blues? cuttings in there aswell in a weeks time only way to tell if it's legit.

I have been removing the thin branches, and ones that were not making it up to the canopy, and took out a lot of lower growth on the branches that would have amounted to pop corn, also want good air flow lower down.

Hopefully next update there will be some flowers emerging. Peace and happy new year, Mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
15 days since 12/12 Update..

I have some budsites to show, albeit little ones!

Plants haven't stretched as much as I thought they would yet.. still pretty even canopy.

The Stinky Pinky #3's have opened up nicely though.

picture.php

picture.php

I tossed the little, maybe blues cuts in there 2 days ago. May not get much light but hopefully I can confirm if they are the real deal or not.

picture.php

Lastly, a bit gutted, but one of the female stinky pinky cuts (stinky pinky indica) has gone 90% male?? I'm not sure why but something about my environment seems to confuse plants as they switch in to flower..., usually I get pistils the top few nodes and maybe the odd male pre-flower somewhere below.. but never had a confirmed female do this!!

picture.php

Pics from last round of the same plant...

picture.php

picture.php

Nothing dodgy from her/him on the run from seed

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys,

any feedback re the gender bender? :) and what it may be in my environment? if anyone else has had a similar occurance could be really helpfull.

Plants seem healthy, I've only watered them a few times with just some biogrow so far, but might just give them a dose of plain water tomorrow. Likely to get some lower leaves eaten up/fading soon through lack of light down there.

Thinking about some tactical defoliation, but I'm going to leave it a couple more weeks as I don't want any stress as they are starting to flower.

Cheers all, Mitch