What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

B

beakermuppet

Killer thread man, really inspiring!!

Keep up the good work!

Beaker

5th

Veteran
I ran outta rep back on page 5 or some damn thing....so I went to the other site n' repped you some more over there lol.

It's all been said already, but congratulations Mitch and Tim. On everything. The trials and tribulations...make live worth living as well as great story's.

This threads been a fantastic read so far. Great pics, excellent story, hell the seed sorter ...greenhouses...k' .... I'm rambling now...

:tiphat: Hat's off and respect to the Mephisto crew

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Keep up your amazing work for the movement brother!

I have missed your work.

Killer thread man, really inspiring!!

Keep up the good work!

Beaker

I ran outta rep back on page 5 or some damn thing....so I went to the other site n' repped you some more over there lol.

It's all been said already, but congratulations Mitch and Tim. On everything. The trials and tribulations...make live worth living as well as great story's.

This threads been a fantastic read so far. Great pics, excellent story, hell the seed sorter ...greenhouses...k' .... I'm rambling now...

:tiphat: Hat's off and respect to the Mephisto crew

Thanks a bunch fellas, appreciate the kind words and positive feedback, take care, mitch :)

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks mate, we've designated a lot of samples for spannabis, so will check the thread and think on it, cheers :)

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mitch, with all your new work, it's like a kid in the candy store!!! I simply drool!! Good luck @ Spannabis!!! I'm sure you'll have a killer weekend!!:dance013:

Can't wait until your strains are made public.:)

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers aridbud,

We're trying to arrange getting all of the 2014 catalogue fully analysed there by alpha-cat, including the original AF parents and comparisons between phenotypes, Should be very interesting.

Peace!

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Amazing work mitch! Beautiful pictures and plants!

Would love to run some of those beautiful gals there on the outdoors!

Any idea when they will be available to the public?

Keep it rocking!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Amazing work mitch! Beautiful pictures and plants!

Would love to run some of those beautiful gals there on the outdoors!

Any idea when they will be available to the public?

Keep it rocking!

Thanks man,

We are probably looking at mid-late spring for the first release, of the first part of our new catalogue, hopefully just in time for the outdoor season, and then we should have a subsequent release again in Autumn time.

All the best, Mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey everyone, had an amazing time at Spannabis, met some very decent people, and smoked some incredible things.

I'll put an update together soon.

Hope everyone is cool out there. Mitch

B

beakermuppet

Right on man, good to hear ya had a good time.

Look forward to the update

B

toke'a'bowl

Just read through this entire thread. This is hands down the best thing I've read on the forum ever, and I've done a lot of reading. Your tale is an inspiring one. I think what you are doing is something every grower should embrace. I do not grow AF ( I have grown LR2 and have had photoperiods with AF hidden deep in there genetics) but feel when your wares are available i am going to start. Your passion is extremely apparent and I wish you more than the best of luck.

Cheers to you Mitch and Tim who are living the dream.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Springtime is finally here, so in an attempt to tame my ghostly whiteness away and blend in a bit better, i've had a couple of days shirt free!
picture.php

here's some random dry and live bud shots:

Steel city blues Auto (purple pheno)
picture.php

picture.php

Some sour bubbly dry (bubblegum pheno)
picture.php

And some sour c dry, super high density this strain
picture.php

cheers all. mitch!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

We recently submitted our new strains for analysis. It was during Spannabis and we met a very helpful company called alpha-cat, if you would like to know more information please see their website. http://www.alpha-cat.org/

They do a very easy home testing kit, which we will be trying out soon. However the guys themselves did all the testing for us. They ran a competition and held a cup over the Spannabis weekend, where people, private or seedbanks were invited to have their gear tested.
We neglected to be entered into the cup, as although we had high hopes for the new strains, we were anxious. (we should have been braver)

Needless to say these are good, very professional people and should testing be something your interested in, don't hesistate to get in touch with them.

picture.php

picture.php

To give you an idea, there were 50 entrants for the cup, and the top 3 looked something like this for flowers:

1st place - 1º Philosopher Seeds SSSDH – 25,5% THC
2º DNA Genetics – Skywalker OG – 22,5% THC
3º DNA Genetics – Top Secret – 20,5% THC and many more were tied at 3rd place at this percentage. (I don't want to reveal anything yet, but we do have a project that they tested at 20.5%, it's in it's early development stages.

Some factors to bare in mind about the results of our strains. We pollinated all the best plants from each strain, so the most resinous, strongest plants were out of the equation. The ones we submitted were unpollinated and just harvested when ripe as any 'normal' grower would.
Bare in mind also this is only one test, and we plan to continue testing multiple times throughout the course of our projects.
We also decided to test different phenotypes of plants to see if there was a marked difference. Specifically between Green and Purple phenotypes. To me I always thought they were of the same quality, but Tim is not a coloured bud fan, so it was to settle a private dispute :) , as well as be informative for everyone else.

We also had the original auto parents tested, so we could see what kind of improvements had actually been made.

Mephisto Strains now at F4 for release soon:

Chem City Blues (Green phenotype) - 19.5% thc
Chem City Blues (Purple phenotype) - 18.5% thc

Sour Bubbly - 19.5% thc

Sour Crack - 19.5% thc

Steel City Blues (Green phenotype) - 17.5% thc
Steel City Blues (Purple phenotype) - 16.5% thc

24 Carat - 15% thc

(sadly during all the pre-spannabis commotion we forgot to submit Hubbabubbasmelloscope)

.................................................. ..................

Mephisto Auto parent results (our autos we used for breeding to photoperiods for current projects):
Our current projects range anything from 1-3 years in development.

P.I - Purple indica - 7% thc
W.W - White walker - 6.5% thc
G.W.W - Giant White walker - 10% thc
O.D - orange diesel - 18.5% thc
O.S.S - old skool sativa - 6% thc

O.D and G.W.W where used in any auto work last summer.

.................................................. ...............

We also had some F1 af x non-af projects tested.

Toof Decay - 18.5%

Triangle - 14.5%

For the above F1 projects, they were lightly seeded in order to continue on the projects @f2, any buds that didn't contain seeds were mixed together, but could have come from a seeded plant. These plants also went well past maturity to ensure the seeds were as ripe as possible.

.................................................. .............

Interestingly as well, I was expecting some CBD , but all strains had less than 1%.

As I say, it's one test from one round, but it's a good basis to work from.

but all in all, we are very happy boys here on the farm.

Cheers, Mitch

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeowza, mitch!!

I'll look into that. Never had our strains tested. Either too much bother, too much $$$.

Maybe now w/ alpha...it's doable!!

Nice tshirt, btw. There's a classifieds section here....I haven't gotten any inquiries from IT'S LEGAL IN COLORADO tee's....but maybe you'll sell a few!!

Nice looking Mephisto Genetic buds!!!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeowza, mitch!!

I'll look into that. Never had our strains tested. Either too much bother, too much $$$.

Maybe now w/ alpha...it's doable!!

Nice tshirt, btw. There's a classifieds section here....I haven't gotten any inquiries from IT'S LEGAL IN COLORADO tee's....but maybe you'll sell a few!!

Nice looking Mephisto Genetic buds!!!

Thanks mate,

We will give the tests a try as soon as we have a moment (maybe end of summer!)

The guys are setting up a lab in Spain too so I'm told. (Not much use for you chaps across the pond, but)

Those T-shirts were 'custom' made by us. We had a small order of T-shirts we had professionally printed go MIA in the mail.

If there's enough interest in T-shirts, I'll get a larger batch made.

Hope everything is good with you, the season is nearly upon us, have a productive one :)