What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

OutOfAfrica

What a great thread , just started reading the first 8 pages and it sounds like it's been a great adventure . Can't wait to read the rest later after work .

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi mitch any advice on favorite amendments and mixes?

Hi bud, we try to keep it pretty simple.

The soil in these shallow planters was fresh biobizz lightmix.
Ordinarily we re-cycle all of our soil except for cuttings and auto seedlings. But all of our re-cycled soil was being used.

The only ammendments we use are worm castings, bat guano, and when transplanting we like to give underneath the rootball a dusting with a product from growtek called 'black pearl'

The plants received about 4 feedings of liquid organic nutrients in total, with grow, bloom, and molasses.

Next year I think we are going to do either an auto only summer.
Or autos and sativas only. Big buds in september here is not a good option,

cheers!

What a great thread , just started reading the first 8 pages and it sounds like it's been a great adventure . Can't wait to read the rest later after work .

Thanks mate, nice to hear.

Cheers mitch.

Oh p.s We are a couple of weeks into an indoor seedrun, producing the feminised f4 generation of new auto projects, including an auto og ghost train haze, Triangle kush, The white, alien og and more :)

Here's a photo from yesterday, I'm about 80% through selection and transplanting.
picture.php

OutOfAfrica

What a great thread you have ,just finished reading it all . You have have a really nice selection of autos on your cards .With your roots stemming in the UK have you tested any of your strains outdoors there . I live in the north east and grow mostly outdoors here and plan to run some autos next season as the weather at Lat55 can be hit and miss around harvest time even with early regs like Purple Maroc and Easy Sativa .

I like the fact that you guys are local lads and seeing all the effort you put into your work and the results you posted look very promising. Any of suggestion of your strain on offer would be great as they are well priced . Great job guys ,keep it up

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We've grown out all of our autos from our current range here in Spain, it's been a pretty bad summer but we got some nice results.
The indica leaning more squat strains in my opinion are better indoors for production, especially if you're considering autos in the uk, I would look at the larger ones , hubbabubbasmelloscope , sour bubbly, and chem city blues would fair better.
Thanks for reading anyway it's not been a smooth ride but we are getting on top of things as time goes by, peace mitch

NerdGemetics

Nice to even fond You over here Mitch. Btw this is Mg from Afn over here. The Farm looks awesome. Good Luck for the Winter Projects.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys, sorry, been super busy with this indoor grow of the new strains for release!
but here's some random photos of some of whats to come!

Alien og auto - just prior to pollination
picture.php

Reject - unpollinated og ghost train haze auto
picture.php

Triangle kush auto - unpollinated
picture.php

Walter white a.k.a the white automatic - pollinated
picture.php

Sour diesel dominant - Sour orange diesel kush auto
picture.php

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They've all been pollinated by reversed plants from the same strains to make feminised f4 seeds,
Cheers!

2st4this

i forgot you're use feminizing as breeding technique. :)
with how many kinds of "shemales" did you pollinate each inbreed line to preserve incest depressions?
which flowering day is best to sprinkle the chems on automatic females?

best regards

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They are all bred regular through f1-f3, then f4 on is feminised and isolating and refining the best phenotypes.

Two batches of each strain are started, with an interval, the first batch is reversed with sts, then the larger target batch the best ones are pollinated.
Typically spraying to reverse happens when the reversing batch shows sex and the best females are selected to be pollen donors.
From for example 10 candidates that are reversed, pollen from only one or two plants is used.

Cheers

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It depends on the strains in question and how they behave. If it's an Indica dominant auto, 1-2 weeks apart, if it's more sativa and the cycle time takes longer then less than a week.
It also depends on the quantity of seeds you wish to make, if you want more seeds then start the batches at the same time , this will mean the target plants will be further into flower by the time you apply pollen = more seeds, often, but not always the rule, you will get more but smaller and lower quality seeds, in our experience.
If you pollinate earlier into flower you will generally get big juicy higher top quality seeds.
Cheers

sugarman

interesting and inspiring thread
nice work man, respect for "transparency", all breeders should operate like this
never grown af varieties before, but I might consider them now :biggrin:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys just a quick photo update:-

These are unpollinated plants at day 64 approx from sprout.

Alien og automatic -
picture.php

picture.php

Here is triangle kush auto - One pheno here coloured up due to lower temps the other stayed pure white/green

picture.php

picture.php

And lastly a shot of a seeded walter white:

picture.php

cheers mitch