What's new

Mitch Connor's AF Corner!

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Ok, seriously mitch,....I been wanting to ask this for a while but kept forgettin...what do you feed your girls bro!? because all your plants alwayz look healthy as phuk "through-out" your grows...DO TELL! [like I said before.. we both have simular set-ups so when I start my BIG tent grow its gonna mimmik yours somewhat....] 30-40 AF-SOG, on 56" x 56" of floor space, Unda mi 600 in 2gal, 13"h 8"w pots....all because of the results SGS & You get...(LOVE COLOR BUDZ) torn between FFOF or Bio-Bizz All-Mix w/40% perlite of course...

FFOF for the WIN! :woohoo:!!!

If you want easy healthy plants go Organic Tea! 2 that are super easy to use and work excellent are Earth Juice + Liquid Fish, OR Neptune's Harvest, Fish and Seaweed. Aerate these Teas for a good 4-6 hours before application. You can also add a Tea Bag of High P-K bat guano for some extra kick in flowering. It is just that easy, what you don't see from the pics, are the drain tables and stuff under the pots, using Organic Teas is super easy but requires you to flush your plants with your food, this runoff needs to be disposed off, it will rot!

Cant wait to see, your AF-SOG run bro!:tiphat: What strain are you going to use?????

Now that OGRE is mostly stable and on to it's other projects, can get back to the roots of AF breeding, making stronger, faster, more potent Dwarf type plants used for AF-SOG. After all this is where AFs excel! No sucker buds, no wasted space, no wasted time... kind of a no brainer. Ya super large AFs like OGRE are great but more suited for outdoor production where they can stretch those 1m branches! Indoors smaller AF-SOG plants will remain King as long as they can continue being improved, something that is being worked vigorously:)

Pure Fruit Salad will be coming soon, FINALLY! Kinda put it off to make the OGREDOG crossing. There is another AF-SOG strain that will be out soon after Fruit Salad, more info will come with the thread of it, As usual, keeping my work secret until close to release has worked well for me, sorry I can't be more open about the work, just to many phucks out there!

The most promising development in the Ultimate AF-SOG Strain has come from a Fx1 x Northern Dreams cross, F1 testing now. Zero branching and by far some of the most amazing smelling weed I have seen in a long time, AF or NON AF. Im so excited about this one and want RVL to see what was done with his genetics, a thread of this cross making the F2 generation will be up soon.

Sorry a bit more then what you asked for, just felt like sharing...

SGS

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Ok, seriously mitch,....I been wanting to ask this for a while but kept forgettin...what do you feed your girls bro!? because all your plants alwayz look healthy as phuk "through-out" your grows...DO TELL! [like I said before.. we both have simular set-ups so when I start my BIG tent grow its gonna mimmik yours somewhat....] 30-40 AF-SOG, on 56" x 56" of floor space, Unda mi 600 in 2gal, 13"h 8"w pots....all because of the results SGS & You get...(LOVE COLOR BUDZ) torn between FFOF or Bio-Bizz All-Mix w/40% perlite of course...

FFOF for the WIN! :woohoo:!!!

If you want easy healthy plants go Organic Tea! 2 that are super easy to use and work excellent are Earth Juice + Liquid Fish, OR Neptune's Harvest, Fish and Seaweed. Aerate these Teas for a good 4-6 hours before application. You can also add a Tea Bag of High P-K bat guano for some extra kick in flowering. It is just that easy, what you don't see from the pics, are the drain tables and stuff under the pots, using Organic Teas is super easy but requires you to flush your plants with your food, this runoff needs to be disposed off, it will rot!

Cant wait to see, your AF-SOG run bro! What strain are you going to use?????

Now that OGRE is mostly stable and on to it's other projects, can get back to the roots of AF breeding, making stronger, faster, more potent Dwarf type plants used for AF-SOG. After all this is where AFs excel! No sucker buds, no wasted space, no wasted time... kind of a no brainer. Ya super large AFs like OGRE are great but more suited for outdoor production where they can stretch those 1m branches! Indoors smaller AF-SOG plants will remain King as long as they can continue being improved, something that is being worked vigorously

Pure Fruit Salad will be coming soon, FINALLY! Kinda put it off to make the OGREDOG crossing. There is another AF-SOG strain that will be out soon after Fruit Salad, more info will come with the thread of it, As usual, keeping my work secret until close to release has worked well for me, sorry I can't be more open about the work, just to many phucks out there!

The most promising development in the Ultimate AF-SOG Strain has come from a Fx1 x Northern Dreams cross, F1 testing now. Zero branching and by far some of the most amazing smelling weed I have seen in a long time, AF or NON AF. Im so excited about this one and want RVL to see what was done with his genetics, a thread of this cross making the F2 generation will be up soon.

SGS

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whoaaaaa! Mitch! Well done sir, those look like some very sticky plants!

Sorry I've been slacking around and have been MIA.

What strains are you planning to run next?

Cheers bro keep doin yo thang:tiphat:

20/4

Thanks mate, missed you round theseparts!

Hope all is good your end? Did you get a new setup going?

Next up I'm trying my hand at some larger AF's courtesy of SGS :)

Cheers, mitch

uptosumpn

Veteran
That's what every one is telling me!!! go with the FFOF! So I guess its a no-brainer!!! As far as the tea, I was really contemplating tryin it and now that u recommend it, I WILL!! Can I use either tea with the FFOF??? <since it has so much nutes in it already?? and what about the seedlings?? do I use the FFOF straight from bag or cut it with FFLW or Pro-mix, ect, ect....When u say "flush with your food" do u mean flush it with the tea or plain water...and its still the same method right..? feed/water/feed/water ect..?
SGS. FFOF for the WIN! :woohoo:!!!

Gonna use Fruit Salad x PINKBUD F1's<ya need to leave feedback for mi purchase too!! and/or maybe SourJem F3, PinkBud F1, <the few beans I did make or 1 of mossy's unreleased strains...BadBetty, PunkChunk or BudWider...
Cant wait to see, your AF-SOG run bro! What strain are you going to use?????

Now that's what I wanna hear!! want that strain BADD! jus keep me posted!!! loved how they turned out when MC grew em'!! Want that deep purple, fruity blueberry taste...
Pure Fruit Salad will be coming soon, FINALLY!

Bro, its cool!!! I needed ALL that!!
wave.gif

SGS

uptosumpn

Veteran

SGS

Soundz wicked! I def wana b a tester of dat sh!!^^^:laughing:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just a small update, randomly pulled a few out to photograph :)

Day 36 for the FSxPB

First picture is a Pink pheno - (hard to capture the colours at this stage)

Pics 2 + 3 are of a different plant - darker coloured pheno

Enjoy, mitch :)

P.S have a few choice males hopefully about to start dropping some pollen so I will take a few of the best looking girls and knock them up.

Will get some pictures of the males although they had about a week in the tent in a shaded spot, then a week in the bathroom, then they have been in the cupboard under about 75w of T5 so they don't look as splendid as they could do !

I really love these Dwarf AF's, the high numbers are the only slight downside but much more plus points to make me forget about that!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

uptosumpn

Veteran
Looking splendid mitch! Cant wait for the full shots!! How many ya got unda the 400 again?? As well as what % have shown color?? How would ya describe da smell??

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
UTS - Read back mate, sorry I'm being lazy but the info is here already.

SGS - cheers bud. The fun is just starting with these, hope they beef up nicely for me! Getting prettier by the day though :)

SmokeyTheBear

Pot Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

I thought instead of having multiple single grow threads it would be a better idea to centralise all my AF shenanigans into one place.

So to start it off I'll show part of what I currently have in the works.

I've just moved house so have totally been on Auto-pilot (no pun intended :) ) with this grow, these are the first pictures I have had chance to take.

Secret Garden Seeds Secret Citrus @ day 35 from sprout
These have had about two days total darkness due to the move so may be a little behind but they seem happy enough.
As always with me they never get an easy ride!

I started 35, into 1 litre square pots
They were on 24/0 - 400w until they sexed ~ 21 days for the females, they were potted up into 6 litre square pots and given 600w MH on 18/6 for a week, then i switched to the HPS around day 28 - again 600w on 18/6

They took longer to sex than last round, and are not half as branchy as last time, I think being in closer confines with each other for longer may have prohibited their desire to branch out.

As you might see in the pictures they put out very broad leaves to begin with but as they kick into flowering some more sativa looking leaves emerge.

They are looking pretty uniform to me at this stage.
The tops of them are flat as a pancake which I kind of like!
I am yet to find my measure tape, but common sense tells me they are around 2.5 ft tall.

I think I have about 17 females but I need to double check that. As you can tell very hectic around here at present.

Thats it for now, but I have some Fruit Salad x Pinkbud started and the other half of this tent is an AF test grow I'm doing for someone on another forum.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cheers, mitch

sweet looking plant mane.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quick update - Day 40 and I did some pollinations!

Hopefully only 3 weeks to go on these , but will see closer to the time!

You'll have to excuse the pictures I'm pretty rushed at the moment, don't have a mouse which is taking me ages to do things on the laptop. They were in the bath tub being pollinated with a toothbrush.

For anyone else growing these look out for males that develop colour in the bud stems and also the little connecting bit to the pollen sacks! , I used two males one with pink stems and another with slightly deeper colour.

FRUIT SALAD/PINKBUD MIX PHENO
picture.php

FRUIT SALAD DOM PHENO
picture.php

PINKBUD DOM PHENO
picture.php

FRUIT SALAD/PINKBUD MIX PHENO
picture.php

Last edited:
I

icon

wow those look really good!!! i'll definatley have to give mine another try this year under stronger lighting....your doing a great job as always.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers icon! These are only under 400w HPS, Hopefully they still have a nice amount of bulking up to do in these last 3-4 weeks.

I think using lesser power lights starting them in larger pots might have been beneficial to give them every chance to reach their potential

This run isn't particulaly balls out aiming for yield for me, I just wanted to pop a decent number of them and see what was what. I have pollinated a few plants today so I should have a nice amount of my own F2's to play with :) It saves SGS sending me any and I can gift a few to friends

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fukndenny - Thanks man that means a lot, although I'm just doing my thing really :) These recent plants have had barely any attention!

Joe - cheers man, will PM you in a sec

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Any pix of the color males? I would love to see those!

I dont have a setup going yet, but I hope to run some Fruitsalad in a minifridge powered by my 150.. . Ill keep you updated with that my friend.

Top notch as always bud, ill be seeing ya :)

20/4

Latest posts

Latest posts