What's new

Mitch Connor's AF Corner!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Another stella grow mitch!

I'm away for a few weeks and you pull in another load of frosty colourfull buds..

Those seeds look very healthly too.

Eggy

Elsweeto

Story Mitch? I read through this thread and it looks like you know what your about:tiphat:. I've got some Royal Automatics from royal queen seeds They're in 6.5 litre pots soil and under 400w eco light They'll be finished under 600w hps.
they've started to show pre-flowers at around day 35 should I feed them bloom or veg food when is the best time to switch you reckon?

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By Eco-light do you mean a CFL?

Day 35 sounds Pretty late to be just seeing pre-flowers to me? Are you sure they are fully AF?

The nutes I use are two part, so you keep feeding veg in a small amount throughout flowering, But they may not be the case for yours.

I'm not familiar with Royal Queen seeds, so sorry I can't be anymore help

Elsweeto

Nah there full auto started to flower on 24/0 had a rough start though out in the late Irish summer (its a horror show) they got soaked could be holding them back they seem small as well 20 CM or so. I'm going to try it out with feed any way. thanks for your help and the threads they've been really helpful.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh I see, in that case ignore the days and you'll just have to go by look as to what stage they are in. Hope they aren't stunted from the transition and bad beggining mate, usually the key to getting as bigger plants as possible for me has been to give them the best start possible -

If you are looking to try and get them as big as you can, i'd put them on 24/0 - it sounds like you are past this stage now, but when I keep mine under 24 hours they sex later up to a week after ones on 18/6 from the start. That extra early veg stage makes for bigger plants.

If your 600 is free, get them under it as soon as,

I give decent veg feeds until about 1.5-2 weeks after seeing the first pre-flowers.

Get a thread up and take some pictures and i'm sure you'll get some further assistance

uptosumpn

Veteran
Now I know what I got to look foward too!!! BIG UP's on another wicked grow....Killed it!...what would you say the color percentage was on these????

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool man, can't wait to see you try them out too.

Over 50%, a few that I thought were green had some pink calyxs buried quite deep.

Think it's probably abit of a lottery of what you will get though, but you'll be guaranteed some colour.

Nice mix of smells too. Ranging spicey through to grapefruit even. Some are almost a little eye watering! Can't wait to get it smoked :) When are you popping them UTS? You doing a diary?

uptosumpn

Veteran
I dropped 23 Fruit Salad x PINKBUD F1's<1 was crushed! [#*%!*] & 14 PINKBUDS F1's...the plan is 16 females in 1.5gal/13"d pots, unda mi 150hps....will start diary when they pop...

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks guys :)

These recent grows have been mainly small/filler ones whilst I have been busy. I will be back on it properly in a couple of months :)

uptosumpn

Veteran
Thats what I want...! mucho color!!!

How does this sound mitch...? I have almost 3/4 full bag of Promix BX left and was thinking on mixing it with a bag of Fox Farm Oceans Forest....want a more organic/richer soil and I guess stretch the promix I have already to fill those 16 pots...

Also, how do you feel about Iguana Juice grow/bloom or Earth Juice grow/bloom to replace FF GrowBig & AN Connisuer as my main nutrients?? Tryin to go organic roun' here!! LOL! SGS says hiz creations thrive on organics, so thrive bitches!!lol I still will use some additives like rhizo, hydrozyme, superthrive, No shock, molasses,tarantula, phirana....may pick up some seaweed extract & some silica blast.....decisions, decisions

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats what I want...! mucho color!!!

How does this sound mitch...? I have almost 3/4 full bag of Promix BX left and was thinking on mixing it with a bag of Fox Farm Oceans Forest....want a more organic/richer soil and I guess stretch the promix I have already to fill those 16 pots...

Also, how do you feel about Iguana Juice Grow/Bloom to replace FF GrowBig & AN Connisuer as my main nutrient?? Tryin to go organic roun' here!! LOL! SGS says hiz creations thrive on organics, so thrive bitches!!lol I still will use some additives like rhizo, hydrozyme, superthrive, No shock, molasses,tarantula, phirana....

Sorry bud, I have no knowledge or experience with the US lines of Nutrients or Soil!

One thing though, don't give them a rich soil to start in!

They have zero VEG stage, they will go from a small seedling to Flowering pretty much,

Light Soil + Plain water is all you will need for the first 14 days.
Then when you pot up you could give them a light GROW feed.

Don't stunt them with a rich soil and you will see some really nice growth and speed! :)

uptosumpn

Veteran
NO NO NO....I wasnt gonna start em' in the FFOF x Promix combo...I was gonna use that mix for when I pot up.....Jus gonna use promix to start em'....<NO NUTES in soil...

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool man just checking!

Best asking SGS about the soil..

They can handle the nutrients/regular soil when they are established though.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SGS Veg-room Fillers!

SGS Veg-room Fillers!

Hey guys, just thought I'd show you a few pics of what has been sharing my veg tent.

Bit of a school boy error, didn't have transport to go to the grow shop for the seedling soil so gave them the full strength soil that I pot up @ sex with.

Was too strong as they were stunted, I was in two minds whether to start again, but I let them be and they got pretty chunky for me under 400w MH. I was rooting/revegging some cuts I took from my flowering plants and starting some new regular plants from seed, so it actually worked out pretty well in the end. If you're gonna have a veg space might aswell get some bonus buds from it too!

Here's a handful of pics. I will be back next month hopefully with 2 new AF grows, so keep an eye out if you're interested. :)

P.S I had 8, I think there is 3 or 4 I photographed, all pretty similar

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php