What's new

MilehighGuy's Organic Soil Journal

O

Old_Headbanger

Fucking mouse trap time. That is all.

I find the regular old victor traps work the best. I have to take a sunflower seed from birdseed (unsalted) and 'screw' it into the mechanism. Little fuckers eat the peanut butter off with out getting caught. Not with seeds though. I had a problem once, caught 15 or so in a weeks time, never seen any again. They eat at the stems?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Only eaten some of the clover so far.... last year they ate my GDP seedlings.

I'll catch the one or two little fuckers this week

MileHighGuy

Veteran
What do you use for a clone mix? 7 days is sweet!!

I'll attribute it to temperature and humidity more than anything.

I moved them into my house and everything was perfect.

Heating mat and Humidity dome with a 2 bulb T8 Shop Light about 3 feet above so there isn't much light.

1 part Compost/EWC
1 Part Sphagnum
1 Part Vermiculite
Handful of Gypsum

Aloe Vera and water to moisten.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Clean Shot right across the neck.

Done and gone. A few extra traps here and there just to be sure and I think I'm clear without any damage.

It pays to check on your plants everyday even in soil that doesn't require it!!!

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Update of the Veg Tent.

picture.php

GDP
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
On a side note.... My beloved Chapin Sprayer sprung a pinhole leak about an inch from the bottom and started spraying water in my face while I was pumping it.... I was only on about the 4th pump so I know it wasn't overloaded.... Crazy Fluke Defect.

I called the concrete supply shop that I bought it from locally and they were no longer in business in my town.... Couldn't believe it! I need to spray NOW!!

Anyways, I called the same store a couple small towns over and they had the rep drive me a brand new chapin and take the old one with ZERO questions asked.

STOKED! Still Loving my Chapin 1949. Can't wait to bust out the new one tonight.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
On a side note.... My beloved Chapin Sprayer sprung a pinhole leak about an inch from the bottom and started spraying water in my face while I was pumping it.... I was only on about the 4th pump so I know it wasn't overloaded.... Crazy Fluke Defect.

I called the concrete supply shop that I bought it from locally and they were no longer in business in my town.... Couldn't believe it! I need to spray NOW!!

Anyways, I called the same store a couple small towns over and they had the rep drive me a brand new chapin and take the old one with ZERO questions asked.

STOKED! Still Loving my Chapin 1949. Can't wait to bust out the new one tonight.

What's the 'bottle' made of? If it's brass, you might empty and dry it and put a drop of solder on the hole, or braze it even.

NEVER MIND; I see you got er done.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Thanks again to MicrobeMan.

Check it out!

I found a 5 gallon cone bottom chicken waterer and turned into a 5 gallon compost tea setup.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Made some adjustments to the new brewer that really helped.

As per MicrobeMan's instructions I removed the brass fitting from the air pump and purchased a braided nylon tube that increased the airflow significantly. I also built a stand for the Air Pump to rest on and a few nails so I could bungy cord the pump in place.

It is working very well now.

picture.php

picture.php