What's new

midwest growers unite

G

facelift said:
Peanubutter, I don;t live in Michigan and there's not much i can do to assist in keep out unfair encroachments of medical records privacy.

The inventory reports are out of line and totally useless. Anyone in possession of more than the law allows would not report the excesses.

The inspections are borderline. Pharmacies, hospitals, and doctor's offices are subject to inspections of the equipment and facility. I understand privacy is the major issue for both caregiver and patient.

I agree that marijuana and marijuana plants be stored in a locked enclosed facility be it a cabinet, computer case, or rubbermaid container. Prescription meds are in child proof containers and it's a good idea to keep them away from the long arms of children.

Defining a public place is nitpicking. Common sense says not to smoke out in public. And the question of whether or not a backyard of a private home is a public place within eye shot of neighbors.

You make some valid points, and at the same time, a couple of the refinements are not too out of line. I would not submit to a search myself even if I am inline with the laws. For me, it's about being left alone. A common tort for privacy. Along with going about ones own business.

Good Luck!
Thank you for your kind words.

The biggest problem is that the states proposed rules require the registration. The law does not.

There are two layers of protection provided by the new law. One layer is if someone is registered. The other layer is for those who are not registered with the state.

By requiring everyone to be registered, half of the law is gone.

The registry layer is almost totally controlled by the doctor.
There is only a specific list of conditions covered.

The unregistered layer is completely controlled by the doctor.
There is no list. The doctor decides and it's binding on courts and police.

If being registered is required, then the second layer is gone.

rootfingers

Yo dix, it really depends on how bad the outcome will be if you keep it going vs the wait of reveging (between 3-6weeks). I would think if you have a mother going that you would be able to take cuts from her and avoid the whole reveg process. . . if you have other plants in the room would it be worth it to just take out the burned one and let them get some more light? I bet going from seed would be just as fast as well.

And address the heat issue ASAP. With poor conditions you are bound to keep having issues like this.

Aqua-p, how bout seedbay.com or seedboutique.com? I know lots of folks here trust these guys.

dixbutler

I had a spare blower so I fixed the heat issue. I still have it in bloom. This was to be the mother after harvest. It's all good. I think.

dj.scotfree

Holy shit we had an ice storm overnight! The whole west side of town is out of power! In my yard alone 5 branches fell! One of the branches knocked the cable hook-up off my house... I didn't loose my cable or power though, thank jah! Lights are still on!!! Trials & Tribulations :joint:

EVERYTHING IS LOOKING GREAT MIDWESTERS!!!!

rootfingers

Hey Oscuridad sorry about the let down. Your plants look very healthy though and you have an interesting setup. It shows that you put a lot of effort into efficiency. That'll always make a good grower imo.

Looks like dwc from seed? Do they go into a different system from there or stay dwc?

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Well again, I'm sort of lost. I get most of my information from here, but I have read several sites with guidelines such as affirmative defenses and of course a copy of the actual law.

I think if you can prove that the caregiver patient relationship and the records between them are medical by nature, any information, actions and dealing are protected in the same way a doctor/patient relationship and records are.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
With all the crap going on in Illinois, that state can forget about their Medical MJ Bill up for vote in mid January. Maybe 2010.

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
i have a....

i have a....

mrred said:

homemade 1 too....but i love my swc/trons..the Phototron 9 model i gots was over $700...plus a feed-a-tron $80....but all my swc/trons are totally automated...a plus for my way of set it and forget it..when the water level in my res. starts to get low the feed-a-tron kicks in and adds more water to my res. in the tron...in the beginning ppl laughed at me b/c i paid soo much for a machine that they say dont work...so i had to make it work....I get bout 4.5 to 5.5 OZ's off 1 plant in the big trons. sold the Oz's for $500 each and guess who was laughing all the way to the bank. after OG ppl saw my sugar coated budz from my Phototrons OG ppl knew I was serious and the laughing stopped...well then after a few grows in the swc/tron I decided to get a 1K and the rest is history....Hope this helps.

here's the real deal....

http://www.phototron.com/catalog/phototrons.html

Ps, I dont suggest u get a tron ur better off gettin a lite system..but if u really wanted one, go to ebay instead, much less cheaper & some include the feed-a-trons....i gots a few of them off ebay. Phototron 9 w/feed-a-tron $238 compared to almost $800 from the company..did u know the trons used to be made in the western suburbs of chicago, Bellwood??? i took a tour of their factory back in the early 80's b4 they moved to cali.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
PC: Yeah, i think if you lose anything with a flush, it's just bud weight, not overall potency. but the improvement in flavor probably more than makes up for any loss in weight...
I think everyone that grows bud in a non-mmj state is a little bit of a nonconformist, but i know what u mean, u always have to try it out for yourself and find your own way...
those trons look futuristic. or like fancy fishtanks. theyre pretty interesting, i dont think too many other icmaggers are using them so youre definitely in a select group... :joint:

DB: sorry to hear your blower went out, but good that you had a backup. sounds like ur plants will recover. never had a fan go out on me, but one of my airpumps crapped out (still turned on but barely pushed any air) and had to be replaced... sucky thing is that i didnt find out till i wanted to use it again, so it probably crapped out during the last harvest and i didnt know about it. didnt seem to make much difference in the end though....

PB: sounds like it's gonna take some time before the system gets worked ou in MI, but we all knew that was going to happen. they're not trying to model their system after those of other mmj states?

FL: i hope IL gets mmj, i really do. then me and PC can open up a dispensary together! just kidding.... :rasta:

OS: those plants look like they're really thriving. what size are those tubs, look like they're not more than 5 gallon tubs? im seriously wondering if my current tubs (18 gallon) are way too big: im only running one dual airpump per tub so maybe i should get much smaller tubs (or double the number of pumps).
but then i would want to fit twice as many tubs in my space, which i dont know if it would work like that (a tub less than half the size would still have a footprint more than 50% that of the bigger tub)....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey MURDA, happy holidays! I realize peeps are busy or out of town so this thread may be dead for a while....

Update on the closet:

10 flo clones in a tub. the bigger ones are around 2 weeks ahead of the others.

side view of that tub. i hope that they stretch to 2 feet, which is about where they finished before.

good ol' thai stick. branches are about 2 feet above the screen, maybe more. hit with phosphoload (maybe a bit less than 1ml per gallon) around two weeks ago and that stopped the stretch in its tracks, otherwise this thing would be 4 feet by now. the -load induced budding, too. already this thing has as many buds as my earlier thai stick did after 5 months. hopefully this thing fills out with some electric buds.... :rasta:

Keep growing those christmas trees, murda!

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
i hope everyone had a merry x-mas.

Grow hard.
M.U.R.D.A
PS. Thats one hell of a platter lc00p4 k+++

Cannabeard

I would like to wish all my Midwestern brothers and sisters a happy holiday season, and I hope that you had a safe and fulfilling Xmas. Keep up the great work folks, I look forward to what "The Glove" has to offer within the years to come.

Peace and good health to all you good folks

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts