Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > "the high-pod"

Thread Title Search
"the high-pod" Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2008, 09:41 PM #1
inefectualize

inefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enough
"the high-pod"

hello all, this is my first created thread so please bare with me....I have been slowly piecing together a little device to grow vegetables. It is designed to just grow a single plant to maturity in an ideal environment. My substrate for choice this go around will be a recirculating coco bed drip irrigation (once i get that far)

All of the pieces to this device were bought at home depot and some of the lighting components were ordered over the internet.

the five gallon bucket up top holds the extraction fan (dumpster find) that i hooked up to a speed controller. I will have a 2" bed of carbon in the bottom of the bucket which the air will be scrubbed through.

The negative pressure in the can pulls air through the air vents at the bottom of the can. 6 vents air-cool 6 x 65 watt linear CFL lamps mounted vertically and two vents allow air exchange into the plant grow chamber...

The lid has a partial "false-top" that reflects light but allows for the air to escape

The lighting system was sorced over the internet for a total of $150 for ballasts, bulbs, and bulb sockets......
the kelvin rating is 4100 but i have some 6700K extras laying around that i might run for veg.....each bulb is about $8 and provide 4300 lumens....what is that like about 26,000 lumens hitting in 360 degrees? I can not wait to play around and see what kinds of yield i can achieve

what do y'all think?
inefectualize is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM #2
inefectualize

inefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enough
oh, forgot to mention....the coco will just fill the entire bottom of the can up to about 4" deep and will drain to a pan and pump below. Water will be delivered through the same bulkhead and dispersed with a ring dripper. The coco bed will then be covered with a circle of white up panda cloth.....not sure if this is really a micro grow because the plant will be a decent sized specimen when flowered out....

baby chamber....

Old 06-12-2008, 11:59 PM #3
greenatik
trichomes to the dome

greenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the roughgreenatik is a jewel in the rough
looking sick cant wait to see what you do in this. do you think that just the extraction fan will be adequate cooling? good luck with everything !
greenatik is offline Quote

Old 06-13-2008, 05:04 AM #4
inefectualize

the fan moves a shit ton of air and is on a speed controller so i think i should have no worries. When the fan is on "medium speed" it will suck your hand to the intake holes

Old 06-14-2008, 04:05 AM #5
sempervirdis

sempervirdis will become famous soon enoughsempervirdis will become famous soon enough
INSANE IN THE MAN BRAIN !!!!!!!
sempervirdis is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2008, 05:48 AM #6
mosfetti

mosfetti is on a distinguished road
awesome dude!
mosfetti is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 AM #7
inefectualize

do you think there is enough room to do a vertical cylinder scrog? or should i just let it grow unmolested?

Old 06-14-2008, 08:15 AM #8
sway

sway is on a distinguished road
Wow, that looks like a sweet setup! Keep us updated on your progress!

It looks like it'd be great to either:

1) Keep it on its side, for a SOG grow or...
2) Stand it up straight, and just grow one tall plant.
sway is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2008, 03:09 PM #9
InPotiTrust
Certified Pothead :)

InPotiTrust is a jewel in the roughInPotiTrust is a jewel in the roughInPotiTrust is a jewel in the roughInPotiTrust is a jewel in the roughInPotiTrust is a jewel in the roughInPotiTrust is a jewel in the rough
Very nice set up inefectualize.I think SOG would be best for your space.

EAST COAST CROPPERS

Outdoor fun 2010

250 SOG show

"If You Work For a Living, Then Why Do You Kill Yourself Working?"

"It's nice to be important but it's important to be nice"(justanotherbozo)

"slavery never ended, it was only made more comfortable so a fake sense of freedom could be maintained so the slaves never uproar"(purple_man)
InPotiTrust is offline Quote

Old 06-14-2008, 05:50 PM #10
Prof Sublime
Hard working pothead

Prof Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of lightProf Sublime is a glorious beacon of light
Nice, thats very interesting. I will back to see how it turns out.
Best luck
Cheers

Smoke till ya' puke.
Prof Sublime is offline Quote