What's new

midwest growers unite

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
its not really that dix (lol, i cant type that with a straight face), just an open invite like that is against TOU. just put in work and post shots of it and over time you might make a friend or two. :joint:

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
all good mayne... welcome to ic!

in other news i just setup a homebox xl. any of you guys got any experiences with grow tents?

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
some of us might :wink: whatd you pay? i know a certain sparrow that got a hb xl for 220 shipped :D what wattage are you going to run?

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
initially, i'm going to run my 4 ft 8 bulb t5 rig in there. so that's 432 watts. its produced some awesome buds in a 6 ft x 2 ft space, and i think 4 x 4 ft will yield much more with the enlarged area.

astartes

Nice job on the outdoors, bro! Those fit in like no other. Whatever they are, they're just glistening. I'm guessing that sparkle isn't the morning dew, lol!

Great to have you swing by the thread and don't go and get carpal tunnel with all the trimming that needs to be done!

astartes

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
Phototrons & outdoors.....

Phototrons & outdoors.....

:joint: nice thread..OG had a thread like this back in the day..i just stumbled on to this thread while searching for LED lights.....gots a lot more pix in gallery...Hope this helps. :spank:

romulan^^^

Schrom in my swc/tron system.

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
keepoffthegrass,i got a homebox but its the regular sized one.It had light leaks around the seam,zipper,and the vents at the bottom.But all you need to do is foil tape around them and youll be fine. i run a 400 watt in mine.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dix: Welcome to the midwest thread! You'll like the 400, i'm using 2 myself, but what i'd really like is a 600. Supposedly twice the lumens for only 50% more power. Those NLxBB sound nice. Are you going perpetual sog, ala Dr. Budgreengenes style? I've thought of that method myself, and it's probably ideal for a cab/fridge.

DSOTG: I like the look and design of the growtents. In fact, if i had to move and had a spare room, i'd probably put a homebox in there instead of trying to rig a cab or closet. Just put it together and tear it down (although hopefully you wont need to do the latter for a while :rasta:). Should add to the stealthiness of your setup; so long as no one goes in the room, no one will know it's ever there.
You think you can stuff a couple hundred more watts in there, since you got more room? Is there separate chambers for cloning and veg areas with 24 hour light?

Dr. Blake: Long time no see! How's the outdoor going this year? been running around, i 'spect.
What clone is that in the pics? Some sort of purps? You've been running it since '05? Nice big frosty purple colas they are.

PC: Nice buds! Is that FFOF in the romulan pot? You're running the schrom in shallow water culture? I dont hear too much about that method. How's the smoke on those girls, as far as potency and effect (body or head)?

closeup of a Flo. too much exposure, so the buds themselves are washed out. how do i fix that? :joint:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
wuzzup fam? the photos have been looking nice. mad props to all the crew who grind hard... i got pics that still need to be uploaded. the midwest is getting reallll niiiice.

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
lemon - yea i saw some pinhole light leaks inside it after i got her all assembled. nothing that the aforementioned foil tape won't handle :rasta:

baba - yes, i do also have a veg area with mothers, rooted cuts, and rooting cuts as well as 2 other flower areas. its perpetual (or attempted perpetual) but i still have a gap in the process from when i had to toss a bunch of clones with bugs. :nono:

on a lighter note, a budder run of trim will be going down very soon and im gonna make like 2 batches of potent treats and also an extra stick for whatever i feel like later (i hear spreading budder on a cracker gets it done nicely) :bashhead:

PhilCuisine

Mofo SWC/TRON Master
ICMag Donor
I'm one of them less fortunate growers...

I'm one of them less fortunate growers...

Bababooey said:
PC: Nice buds! Is that FFOF in the romulan pot? You're running the schrom in shallow water culture? I dont hear too much about that method. How's the smoke on those girls, as far as potency and effect (body or head)? :joint:

:joint: I gots Train Wreck, real deal Matanuska Thunder Fuck, Shrom, Strawberry Cough, Green Crack, Hawaiin Purple Kush, Airbourne's G13, Pacific's G13, Grand Daddy Purple, Romulan...Then i gots my own crosses Ms. O'wreck and Northern Whites. I grow water culture way inside and outside of my P-trons....Hope this helps. :spank:

Ms. O'wrecks^^^..out of 5 seedlings i gots 2 females, 2 hermies and 1 male. Revegging the females and then passing them out to the less fortunate growers in the Islands.

Shrom(left) unknown from cali(middle) Northern Whites(right)

Bonsai moms in homemade p-tron....some of these moms i've had since the OG days 5yrs. and counting...

Last edited:

astartes

Wow Phil, quite the line up you have there! How's the smoke on the Hawaiian Purple Kush, more sativa or indica? Great to have you on board!

astartes

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
ohhh the crack... i'd love to get the crack in my garden cuz i hear it finishes fast and is a great producer. the white is realll nice... she blings.