What's new

midwest growers unite

lemonskunk420

ICMag Donor
whats up midwest growers, keep up the fight. Ive been in the shadows for awhile now, but Ive got a few grows under my belt (wr,sarori,hashberry,purple #1,mango,and currently ak48). I have problems here and there but im getting better. watching alot of your grows has helped along the way, and I'm thankful for what I have learned so far. peace :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Murderapolis: Yeah i dont think it's possible to buy clones off the internet. In areas with medical cannabis clubs they usually sell clones. I know you can get them in Cali and Colorado....
So you're talking about having a separate veg room and flower room? A lot of people who do that have a lower wattage light in the veg room and a more powerful one in the flower room, usually because your plants are in flower longer than veg.
Isnt fimming just like topping, its supposed to make the plant have more than one main branch? I did that my first run, worked well, i might have to break it out again...thanks for the reminder!
I guess I'll crack those superstar seeds soon. I was leaning towards them myself. I wanted people's input on which i should crack but no one's posted to my grow diary; you're the only one who's had any interest!
:rasta:

DSOTG: I've only had water gnats in my garden, and they're more annoying than harmful, and even so I've only seen a few. That's sort of why im wary about getting clones, you dont know if they have pests in them.

Cannabeard: For some reason, i think that's a cool name.
Yeah, MURDA makes us sound like a gangsta rap group. :rasta: It's what the young people listen to, nowadays. I'm ok with it except for the fact that a cop or prosecutor could try to use it against you if you were ever caught and they knew about the name. Not that it's very likely, but still, we're doing something illegal here, does our name HAVE to be that? It's fun, it's cool, but ignorant people out there might take it the wrong way....

PS420: A lot of very good outdoor weed I hear comes from KY. Like weed thats as potent as anything grown indoors. People in the hills are real lenient towards it, they mind their own business, they don't think it's a bad thing, like it should be.

Update on the closet (right and left halves, 3 tubs total). I'm only feeding them ph corrected tap water, they're growing merrily along. The GH nutes I'm using are so strong, I think 3 tablespoons (1 micro, 2 bloom) in 13 gallones of water might be enough for an entire cycle! These tubs might be done in about 6 weeks, the one on the left maybe quicker. I've also decided to go with a sog instead of a scrog so Ill be putting 5-6 clones in each tub from now on, to fill out all that space (im wasting valuable lumens). :rasta:
Ran into cloning issues again (my last rockwool attempt didnt root, tried rooting them in my veg tub didnt work either) so went back to good old reliable peat pellets. I have a 72 pack left should get me through the winter, I also picked up another pack of 72 from Home depot this weekend (the jiffy products were way up on a top shelf since they're not in season) so im set.
I also noticed HD is carrying superthrive now, and organic fertilizers made from fish emulsion and worm poop. So does this mean i never have to go to the hydro store if i wanted to grow organic soil? (they already have perlite and peat)

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
Bababooey said:
I'm ok with it except for the fact that a cop or prosecutor could try to use it against you if you were ever caught and they knew about the name. Not that it's very likely, but still, we're doing something illegal here, does our name HAVE to be that? It's fun, it's cool, but ignorant people out there might take it the wrong way..

if you got an issue with it why put it in your sig?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Eh, I don't REALLY have an issue with it. It just bugs me sometimes. It's like being a member of a sports team called the Beavers: you really like the game, you like the people on the team, but sometimes the name gives you a hard time...
:joint:
The name's not a big deal, but there have been actual murders associated with large cannabis trafficking organizations. Very few that ive heard of from news reports, but still it's out there. And I dont mind calling our group by a name that shows our rebellious side (like FUCKEM for the east coast) but to call it MURDA? I mean, cmon, did we go with that just cause it has an 'M' in it for the midwest? Why dont we call ourselves the "Muthafuckas" or something along those lines? I'd be happier with that than MURDA. I live in Chicago, i'm no stranger to fools getting smoked, but even I dont want to be associated with a crime (even if it's just a name) where people are sent to prison for life...
Just my two cents. I realize I dont control what this group does, but am I making any valid points here? Any? Not trying to stir the pot here, just putting the other viewpoint out there... :joint:

Last edited:

astartes

Well, if you can think of an acronym for motherfucka that still makes any sense, have at it bro.

Personally, I'm fine with MURDA. I could care less how the acronym looks to outsiders. All in the group know what it stands for, as well as what kind of vibe we have in our thread. That's the important thing imho.

If you aren't happy with it, don't put it in your sig. Simple as that.

astartes

Cannabeard

I have an idea...YES I said that I would not bring it up again, but I will this last time....only for debate sake.

OK...My idea is: Lets make a thread that asks all the Midwest members to give ideas (preferably 1 a piece)...Good, serious ones, and have the thread end in say...2 weeks, to give ample time to those that are not here everyday.

Then create another thread with the GOOD Serious suggestions as a poll, and ask, Mainly the Midwest peeps to vote, but hell everyone could vote for all I care. Since someone may have thoughts on the subject who is not actually part of the group (outside of the box) kind of thing.

Just a thought, suggestion, and my 2 cents, which is probably only worth 1.2 cents...:D

Any thoughts? I, being new to the group, am not really trying to bring hostility to ourselves or stir up peoples emotions at a personal level, but it is obvious that not all Midwest peeps like the name. So I thought we as a conglomerate could come up with something great, not just OK, or something that a large percentage of people would have to settle with.

And the "if you don't like it you don't have to put it in your signature" kind of thing is not a very good defense in my opinion. Because we, as people, like to be part of a group and feel proud of the company we keep and the group as a whole.

Again just my :2cents: , take it for what it is worth.....

To all my Midwest friends and everyone Globally that reads this, (most importantly) Peace and good health.....

Cannabeard

Last edited:

Retardo Motabon

Seenyourmember:0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well it seems to me the name is set as we've been repping it awhile now. In any case here are a few I thought of at one point.
MOTA... midwest operators trade alliance
MISS....midwest independent sensi supporters
Like I said, i'm not trying to remake prior creation, just thought i'd show my old ideas. :fsu: Regardless of the name, much respect for all you middies out there! It's murda out there, I tell ya! :muahaha:

astartes

I have to agree with RM on this one. The name seems pretty set now, and I'm not to sure what's to gain by changing the name over 700 posts in. We actually had this discussion in the first few pages of this thread. Not everyone was ecstatic about MURDA, but the majority won out.

There will always be new members joining the group, but I don't think that necessitates a name change. I guess being here from the start I may have a different spin on things, but that's my two cents...

Cannabeard ---

No worries bro! I think it's pretty clear that you're not trying to stir up trouble or step on anyone's toes. We're just glad to have you be part of this thread.

As far as the whole 'if you don't like the name, don't put it in your sig', I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The name's been used for months. I feel that new members should be able to take the good with the bad, weigh the pros and cons and make a choice based on these. Just because a member doesn't have MURDA in the sig doesn't preclude them from being a member... I guess I feel the whole coming up with the name thing is one of the perks of being here from the start imho.

Grow 'em hard and with a lil bit of love all,

astartes

Last edited:

PureSativa420

Bababooey said:
PS420: A lot of very good outdoor weed I hear comes from KY. Like weed thats as potent as anything grown indoors. People in the hills are real lenient towards it, they mind their own business, they don't think it's a bad thing, like it should be.

Yep buddy its done by all us folks in the hills not giving a damn about the police and out there busting our balls growing the best of the best thats been either handed down generation to generation or brought back from other locals :)

When ya have enough woods to do as ya please when ya please, ya can grow some really potent tastey n stinky herb without anyone knowing about it besides you and ya partners (if ya have partners)

dontstepongrass

M.U.R.D.A. / FMB crew
Veteran
this fall/spring is gonna be exploring season... i know theres a couple outdoor spots to be had...

once spots are found its kind of a toss up between diggin holes into ground and prefilling with soil or just using large rubbermaid totes spray painted to blend in...

thanks pure, for making me dream out loud again haha

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
first and foremost, who do some of you think you are? coming into our thread and telling us you don't like our name. you guys do know there is a group called fuckem which is a little bit more offensive, but it's supposed to be...

if you haters don't want to stay here and share good info, knowledge, and wisdom, leave please... start your own group and see how long it takes before you come up with a fancy acronym.

astartes

I'm gonna be riding that Sour Dog train too. Picked em up from the safe today. I had a bit of bud in mine and she smell damn chocolatey. Might just have to move these up a bit in the seed rotation...

astartes

Oscuridad

I am counting on it.. haven't headed over to check on things yet.

Gonna crack them right away along with a few leftover Alpha Ds, should make for some nice midwinter smoke and likely a bit of pollen chucking.

Still waiting on some SB bx3 and Pure Kush from a good buddy to round out the plans for the next few months.

Latest posts

Latest posts