What's new

midwest growers unite

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
i only have a one 600hps and she does great...i got 50 gr with a month veg...very pleased...jus short of 2 zips...the stuff is freakn fire...just wonderful smoke....you feel nicely drugged...right there with the glue, sssdh, ukchem, and forum...those round out my top five for now anyways...DJXX

:canabis:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
so, quick question, pepper phenos, worth keeping? I have a c99 x sour purple kush that reeks of black pepper, but I don't want that to carry over to the taste. next round is lined up and germin:
starbud sis x biker
original apollo mist
chem d sour d
bluebubble x casey jones
pre98 x sour creek f2s
sugarberry f2s
kksc x sssdh
Iranian ghost bx
that's not including the newly found birdie pk cut, my IK/SPK moms or the GG#4 if it ever makes it

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
cannabis is a very adaptive plant and will grow however it must to survive for the most part. however, cannabis attempts to grow roots both down and out. there is actually 2 different type of root systems at play. the thick, rope-like taps that go straight down in search of water, and the roots that go outwards in the top 12-18" of soil and these are much more fibrous and are feeder roots looking for nutrients in the soil.

i have grown some very impressive plants using this knowledge outdoors, just by digging holes a certain way. if a person in the midwest with sandy-loam were to dig a hole 18" deep and 6' across, and in center of that hole dig a hole down until u hit wet sand. make this hole 2 feet across. break up the dirt you just dug out of the hole and mix this native soil with a super soil mix and amend with time release nutes and toss a 2 month old clone in 1 gal grow bag that has been topped twice in there. plant by middle of june and hang on.

I've seen both types of roots in my hydro systems, most recently in my bubble cloner. That all makes sense.
That sounds like a lot of digging, but outdoor in general is pretty labor intensive, especially at first. Could you grow one of those massive 10 foot tall bushes with this method?

Those D420 buds are so frosted they look white. Then again, one of the parents was OG Raskal's white fire. Seems like he charges 100 per pack of 12-13 seeds. Not that pollen chucking between two great plants cant produce great off spring, but for 100/pack i'd expect a back cross or two. or maybe im just talking out my azz.
im actually surprised at how many private breeders there are now on the bay. good to see, there's so many genetics out there its enough to make your head spin. Abirdintheair could pop a dozen strains a day and still never keep up with all of the new strains out there...

DJXX

Veteran
so, quick question, pepper phenos, worth keeping? I have a c99 x sour purple kush that reeks of black pepper, but I don't want that to carry over to the taste. next round is lined up and germin:
starbud sis x biker
original apollo mist
chem d sour d
bluebubble x casey jones
pre98 x sour creek f2s
sugarberry f2s
kksc x sssdh
Iranian ghost bx
that's not including the newly found birdie pk cut, my IK/SPK moms or the GG#4 if it ever makes it
i just popped sfv bx1 x apollo mist from krizznapp...those apollo mist in the rez forum look saweet..dj

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
sweet DJ, I really really really want an Apollo mist male more than anything else, would be an interesting cross with most lines :biggrin:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
sounds good to me tony, that gg4, needs to keep comin north, she must be walking to the Canadian border :biggrin:

so, chop was rewarding. I have a cherry phenol of my larry cook, larryOg x gsc, and the big hidden winner a super frosty bubblegum phenol of cores old freebie pollen chuck. the PC had some very unusual nodal branching, sometimes having 4-6 bud branches per node instead of the prototypical two or alternating branching. :dance013: would be nice to see what a huge pot would produce with that

DJXX

Veteran
SUP BIRD...i still have several packs of cores stuff in the vault...008, pollen chuch and pee wee x ssh..dj

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
same here DJ, Ive ran both the pollen chuck and mongrul now, still hoping to find that purple pheno he was trying to make in either the rest of the originals or further down the line. the mongrel didn't have the crazy branching of the PC, im also quite surprised none of the SD 2.5 in the cross really shows through.

DJXX

Veteran
core was a cool dude...gifted me a bunch...didn't know there was cherry in larry or cookies..dj

DJXX

Veteran
think its florida og x durban poison f1...there has been so much debate on this...the first story out was cherry pie x og...but since then sflux and pie guy from the cookie fam corrected us...but who know whos BS story is right...

i copied this...
Girl Scout Cookies
Also Known As: GSC, Cookies
"No Milk Required"
The Scoop

Girl Scout Cookies, a Durban Poison (F1) x Florida OG Kush, is an exotic and potent Hybrid that came onto the scene inexplicably and out of nowhere when rappers like Wiz Khalifa and Berner (the “champion of Girl Scout Cookies) brought her into rap lyrics and onto center stage. Since then, she’s gone on to ravage Cannabis Cups and hash competitions, thrusting herself onto the scene as OG Kush’s prime “rival” of sorts. Patients and stoners with a thirst for insanely potent OG’s have taken their attention to the Girl Scout Cookies, forcing dispensaries to job on the wagon and toss her on their shelves. Originally bred in the Bay Area by the “Pie Guy, who receives the true credit for the Girl Scout Cookies inception (and takeover)
History

Girl Scout Cookies came to fame in Northern California–not Florida, as some often confuse. BUT, contrary to popular belief, there is no Cherry Pie in the original Girl Scout Cookies cut. While closely guarded and open to the rumor mill, she is by majority rule a mixture of an F1 of Durban Poison mixed with a Florida cut of OG Kush. While we love that Berner has turned these cookies into an adult household name, he doesn’t lay a genetic claim to the strain–but it’s certainly paid dividends for his career, perhaps more so than a strain has ever helped a rapper since Sampson in Half Baked.

Who knows..DJXX

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
right, Ive heard so much back n forth as well. the first time I had the forum cut unknown prophet and yes4prop215 and the rest of those cats all told me the forum was garbage, not real, animal cookies was the real deal, etc. all I know is what I have stinks like cherries, and that's fine with me :biggrin: