What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
check out these leaf abnormalities

check out these leaf abnormalities

this leaves are on the dank purple bagseed female ive been growing out. and the fans leaves go up extra leaves grow out from the center.

the last one has five blades out of the center, crazy huh?

L

lostinethereal

I might have to check out craigslist, but I think it's going to be easier to just buy a blower/filter combo or something. Though I did find this site/company based out of Omaha, they have some blowers ranging from overpriced to a steal (some salvaged from military equipment).

hxxp://www.surplussales.com/Fans-Blowers/FansBlow-1.html

ABITA, those are some crazy mutations, I think the weirdest along those lines I've seen is a single caylx or two coming from the center of the leaves like your's there.

Anyway, I haven't been able to find any 30s around here, but I've been able to get some of this white rhino cross (unsure what it is, the guy had white rhino last time, his new clones are some cross of it). It's really fruity and it's very nice, I've been getting a great deal on it, and I finally found 2 seeds (out of about an oz), but unfortunately they are not mature enough, starting to get hard but just crumbled like it was nothing. It's a shame, it's some really nice smoke. But I think my MO to hempdepot should be there for my Pommelo beans and since I have some overtime on this check I'm going to hit-up the bay for some of annaC's Montel's Pride X Biko (and/or something else lol) and whatever freebies to get some variety going in my next run.

soxx16

yo whats happenin. reppin central IN here. seems like you guys are doin a good job on the reppin! word.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
IMG_1345.JPG

Pic of the closet currently. The two tubs on the left are NYCD f2's (the taller is currently close to finish, maybe another 2-3 weeks?), the two on the right are the Thai sticks (super tall) and Flo's (2-3 weeks in the flowering closet).

IMG_1347.JPG

NYCD f2's close up.

IMG_1353.JPG

Thai Stick Sativa's by GN close up. This is the only one of the three that are really making any buds at this point; I guess you could call it the 'early flowering' one, if 4 months (and at least 1 or 2 more to go) flowering time could be called early... :bashhead:

:joint:

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo bababooey, my NYCD is that same pheno that you have. chuckyoufarley got the ruby red grapefruit pheno that i was searching for, but only got one female.

some JTR for you to drool at... :rasta:

pheno #2

pheno #3

i'd like to cross white with JTR but that would only add to the poly, poly, etc. hybrid. plus there are a lot of haters on here. low potency mids my ass!!!

Last edited:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
new to the midwest...

new to the midwest...

just arrived and in the process of rooting:

Blueberry
G13 x Burmese
Banana OG

i cant wait to get these up and running, watch for bushes :rasta:

-all cuts are now in pucks soaked with root juice, now those roots just need to get growing.

Last edited:

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
abirdintheair said:
just arrived and in the process of rooting:

Blueberry
G13 x Burmese
Banana OG

i cant wait to get these up and running, watch for bushes :rasta:

-all cuts are now in pucks soaked with root juice, now those roots just need to get growing.

What cut of blueberry did you get BIRD?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
lc00p4 said:
yo bababooey, my NYCD is that same pheno that you have. chuckyoufarley got the ruby red grapefruit pheno that i was searching for, but only got one female.

some JTR for you to drool at... :rasta:

i'd like to cross white with JTR but that would only add to the poly, poly, etc. hybrid. plus there are a lot of haters on here. low potency mids my ass!!!

All three of my NYCD's smell citrusy-funk, the lemony-citrus smell is more pronounced if I rub the stem and smell my hand. What is the ruby red grapefruit pheno, I've heard of it, does it smell citrus and the hairs turn red?

Your buds look frosty and dank, koopa. Who says we only have ditchweed in the midwest? :spank:
They're just haters cause when they were here, they didn't know anyone with the good stuff. :rasta:

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
im not sure smoke1sun, but i dont know if theyll all make it. the blueberry cuts were soggy and smelled slightly rotten, but i think one out of the five will survive. im assuming its a killer cut considering the other two it came with.

also on a side note, i have two super sativa dom TWs in my comparison, teeny tiny calyxes with lots of frost :muahaha: potential winner in the making, shots coming this weekend.

dkmonk

Its nice to see most of you guys got good connects on cuts locally. Around in my parts of indiana nobody has trusty cuts, and if they do they are cuts from beans they bought and grew from packs i can get and not even a special or good pheno for like 50 bucks.

I just picked up a qp of some Nap town herb, any of you who buy in the city pretty much know what that is, same hybrid middies, but mor sativa leaning. Speaking of sativa, have any of you guys noticed since end of june mid july that all that has been around commercially speaking is mainly sativas

astartes

Nice one Bird! Finally got your hands on some Burmese! Def gonna have to keep us updated as the cross to G13 sounds like fire! I like the sound of bushes...

Just threw 3 OGK BX, a Kryptoberry, Snowdog BX and a Casey Jones ladies into flower last night. Due to a fan malfunction, they're looking pretty poor, but gotta make some room for all the cuts coming in.

astartes

astartes

dkmonk ---

Yeah pretty strange to get some sativa comersh this early in the season. I my area comersh didn't turn sativa until late Septemberish if I remember right. Maybe the powers that be from the country up north pulled a bit early or have quite the quick sativa dom hybrid.

astartes

astartes

DJ's Flo and Blueberry moms will be in the crew's possession shortly...

Plus Burkle and Apollo Mist cuts too!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
By middies do you mean beasters? The beasters available around here goes for 60 an eighth and is actually decent weed (for that price, it had better be!). When you say it's sativa-ish, is that a bad thing? Personally, I like a more up, heady high... :rasta:

L

lostinethereal

Damn dude, the 'mids' or 30s as we call 'em, nice green sorta compressed sometimes (but nothing like brick schwagg) but not bad, a few seeds per half, I pay 50 a half, sometimes 40, 60 in a pinch. The bagseed girl I'm growing is from a half that had 10 seeds, only 50 bucks. This dank ass rhino cross I've been smoking on is $35 an 1/8th, but someone I've sold a couple to for a little bit more ;) has been taking 'em to a small town and reselling for $80! I was shocked to hear that, fucking 80 bucks for an eight? Fuck that noise.

Even so, that shit adds up with me smoking a little over an oz a week of the 30s or about a half oz a week of this rhino stuff, I can't afford that anymore with the price of gas and everything going up. Time to save a little cash here and there and setup the bigger cab. :muahaha:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Indiana's got some dank nugs. My friend lived in Indiana for a few years, he said some of the best weed he's ever smoked has come from there.

Anything that's 60 an eighth up here and doesn't have a name he calls beasters. Even though that name has bad connotations, I don't know, it always get me ripped, so maybe it isn't really beasters, but if it is then it's some really good Canadian outdoors. It's sensimilla, at least.

I can't imagine 80 an eighth stuff. Count yourself lucky to get it at 35.
And a half of that stuff a week, woo hoo! An eighth of that would probably last me a month, but I'm more of a "one good bong rip at nighttime" kind of guy. Can't keep up with you showoffs... :rasta:
Keep it green.

L

lostinethereal

Here's a couple of shots of that stuff I've been smoking:

And I definitely don't mean to be a show off, I've just been smoking so much pot ever since I got started it's second nature now. I also used to use a lot of other drugs and smoked a less pot (didn't need to I guess) now I just smoke pot pretty much (but I'll drink some poppy pod tea now and then :bashhead:) so I guess I like to smoke a lot of it now lol. Plus those totals are between me and the girlfriend. I think I could use a break for a week or so for the sake of my lungs and tolerance.

dkmonk

The reason it's sativa this early on is because it was all mexibrick and they have multiple growing seasons, so generally you can get sativas all year round.

By middies i definatley did not mean beasters, true beasters look like dank crystally redish brown with dark green, and have no taste along w/ out any high aswell.

Any of you hoosiers out there watch out, because cops have been thick everywhere, especially on i 70, they say it's for drunk driving, but i think it has more to do w/ harvest season comin up, so watch your backs.