What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

midwest growers unite

L

lostinethereal

Just sent away for some Cannacopia - Pommelo beans today, that's what me and the girlfriend were able to agree upon. Seems like one of the higher yielding strains they offer and seems like it'll be mighty tasty as well.

I just entered the start of 6weeks flowering on my plant and everyday I can notice the difference in size, really packing on the weight around the center and even the lower really shaded buds are forming nicely. From what I can tell from my scope (a cheap radioshack one) some of the trichs are going cloudy while probably 95% are still clear. She'll be getting nothing but water here pretty soon and I'm getting pretty excited for my first harvest, I'm guessing around 5-7g dry but I really can't say for sure.

I also have 2 plants of 5 that I decided to keep and transplant into 20oz bottles, they're on probably 2 weeks of 12/12 from seed. I think I might reveg the girl I have now (just in case) and plant a few of the beans I expect to get and go with one or two females under a screen as I had originally intended to do with my case, and toss these 2 'fillers', could be males anyhow.

B

Blakendn

raythat said:
WHATUPDOE ! Blake its nice to see sum hood growers

hey can't let everybody else have all the fun got to keep the hood green bro.

stay safe homie

Dr. G

x99xblackberry
CIMG6280.jpg

CIMG6281.jpg

CIMG6282.jpg

CIMG6283.jpg

CIMG6284.jpg

c99xgrapefruit
CIMG6285.jpg

CIMG6286.jpg

CIMG6287.jpg

CIMG6288.jpg

CIMG6289.jpg

CIMG6290.jpg

CIMG6291.jpg

the youngins (}the void and vortex and one sour bubble

CIMG6292.jpg

super sativa pheno of c99xbb
CIMG6296.jpg

CIMG6297.jpg

CIMG6298.jpg

CIMG6299.jpg

B

Blakendn

looking good Dr g i think your pics are going to make me have to roll a blunt. lol

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Dr D I have a mango haze pheno that looks exactly like your super sativa c99 pheno.

Good pics!!!!

lc00p4

STORM-TROOPA
Veteran
yo dr. g, you ever run JTR? i see that you run the void and vortex. shit is smellier and frostier than everything in my flower room, including the two KKSC's i got running. c99xbb is a sure winner. i was watching G4 on 420 and they went to some jamaican dudes plot and that's all he was growing.

THE WHITE HAS LANDED!

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
looking good dr G, i wanna know how that super sativa pheno smokes when it comes down. do you plan on holding onto it as a mom or a clone?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
lostinethereal said:
Just sent away for some Cannacopia - Pommelo beans today, that's what me and the girlfriend were able to agree upon. Seems like one of the higher yielding strains they offer and seems like it'll be mighty tasty as well.

I also have 2 plants of 5 that I decided to keep and transplant into 20oz bottles, they're on probably 2 weeks of 12/12 from seed. I think I might reveg the girl I have now (just in case) and plant a few of the beans I expect to get and go with one or two females under a screen as I had originally intended to do with my case, and toss these 2 'fillers', could be males anyhow.

Just looked at hempdepot. That Pommelo sounds nice: The famous BC Grapefruit, twice crossed to the most pungent and highest yielding Afghanis we know of. The first cross to the California Ortega greatly improved the yield and stature, the second cross the Deep Chunk indica made the resulting seeds more uniform and added a little more classic Afghani spiciness. These seeds produce plants with large, incredibly greasy floral clusters with an intense spicy, lemon/grapefruit fuel aroma. The Yield is large (375-475g/sq m).
Got Grapefruit, Afghani, Cali Ortega (is that the same as Cali Orange?) and Deep Chunk genes in there.
Let us know if you get those beans. I might order some Reeferman seeds (Early bubba kush or g-sus) or cannacopia (bubba kush x deep chunk) down the road...

:joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dr. G said:
x99xblackberry
CIMG6280.jpg

CIMG6283.jpg

c99xgrapefruit
CIMG6285.jpg

super sativa pheno of c99xbb
CIMG6296.jpg

That c99-blackberry looks like pure purple dankness. C99-grapefruit looks lime-green and frosty, and the super sativa pheno looks like pure head stash. First run with each or any smoke reports?
Excellant pics, Dr.G. I'm gonna have to step up and post some more pics. Mine aren't gonna compare to yours (yet :rasta: ) but we all have to represent.
BTW, is that a blacklight bulb I see hanging in the middle? Is that for extra UVb?

Dr. G

first run with them all no smoke reports

no clones on the super sativa pheno i got too many mothers currentally and i had to save 3 of the c99xbb cuz they look so good

im kinda pissed i got another super sativa pheno that smells like mushrooms but its not progressing at all andis in my fucking way and drinking like a gal a day with like no growth barley any calyxes and looks like it needs another 4 weeks

and that light is a green light for night working

L

lostinethereal

Bababooey said:
Just looked at hempdepot. That Pommelo sounds nice: The famous BC Grapefruit, twice crossed to the most pungent and highest yielding Afghanis we know of. The first cross to the California Ortega greatly improved the yield and stature, the second cross the Deep Chunk indica made the resulting seeds more uniform and added a little more classic Afghani spiciness. These seeds produce plants with large, incredibly greasy floral clusters with an intense spicy, lemon/grapefruit fuel aroma. The Yield is large (375-475g/sq m).
Got Grapefruit, Afghani, Cali Ortega (is that the same as Cali Orange?) and Deep Chunk genes in there.
Let us know if you get those beans. I might order some Reeferman seeds (Early bubba kush or g-sus) or cannacopia (bubba kush x deep chunk) down the road...

Yea I'll be sure to post when I get them, I'll be sowing them ASAP
:rasta: It's got BC Grapefruit x California Ortega then crossed to Deep Chunk, (Ortega and DC are the two afghanis they are talking about). Well, I don't really know much about the Ortega but the DC is an inbred afghani for sure. I'm very excited about this, lol, but I'm already looking at what to order next. I was waiting on a PO box and now that I have it I'm going to take advantage

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Dr. G: I know what you mean with too many mothers. I have to choose between 3 different NYCD f2 mothers. And sativas can be a bitch. I got 3 Thai Stick Sativas and only one is making any real buds so I think that's my keeper. The flowering time is already ridiculous I can't be waiting 8 months for smokable buds...

LIE: (Grapefruit x cali ortega) x deep chunk. Sounds very, very indica. You must like the sleep smoke.
I enjoy more of an energetic high myself, heavy indicas tend to knock me out (well, they knock most everyone out, if they're good).
:rasta:

L

lostinethereal

Yeah I definitely prefer the knock-out indicas. Plus my cab is very small, I don't have much room for a unruly sativa or the patience for her to mature. But I spend a lot of time day dreaming about my next cab, it's again not very tall but a big jump. I think it's something like 28w x 18d x 24t or so, I don't recall off the top of my head and the girlfriend straightened up so I don't know where my shit is (like a tape measure). I'm going to try and get 2x 150hps (DIY remote ballast) in a cool tube plus maybe 4 or so 40w CFLs (like the 2 illuminating my cab), and use my current cab as a mother/clone box.

Any here is my current unknown bagseed girl at day 44 of flower:

I've started to cut back on the normal strength nutes and over the next week taper to nothing but water, but I wonder if it's too early? She seems like she just keeps on growing. Now the smell is much more noticeable, I don't have to do anything to get a nice whiff of intense sweet/dank smell. She's a little dry (waiting for the morning to water, the start of her on cycle) ATM. And in the last picture I used one of the lenses on my cheap radioshack magnifying lens (each lens is 5x, total of 15, I don't like it very much), and held it up to the lens of my camera and actually got a pretty close but nicely detailed shot.

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
to that grower a state below me...

to that grower a state below me...

sorry to hear the news man, im glad your safe though, and thats all that matters. the rest of us will be sure to keep the midwest green until youre able to make a return.

to everyone else, stay safe :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
LIE

LIE

I like the cabinet idea, if I ever move I'll probably go with a cabinet instead of retrofitting a closet.
Instead of 2x150 hps, do you think you should go with a T5 setup? You could maybe get close to the same wattage but wouldn't the T5's run cooler than the hps? Flourescents still generate heat, but I figure it would be less than HID's.
I know DrGreengenes ran a 200+watt T5 setup that got him over a gram per watt in a SOG setup. If I could replicate that, I'd be more than a happy camper. If anything, that setup probably outyields my 800w hid setup... :violin:

G

I used to mix T5 with HPS.

I'd use two 150 HSP with about 80 watts of floro in between.

I'd use the daylight flouo bulbs. The plants seemed to benefit from the blue spectrum.

Last edited:
L

lostinethereal

^^ That's the kind of setup I was thinking. I know from experience now that CFLs can do nice looking buds, but I feel I can get more quality buds and ease of setup (re-wiring one or two 150hps is easier than stringing together over 10 socket cleats). One 150HPS for $20 plus this lamp tube I saw at goodwill for $4, my 40w CFLs are running like $10 and some change with tax, it'd be cheaper too. And the CFLs would be there for mixed spectrum and to get super close to the buds. I think the most important thing to get first is a powerful enough blower and scrubber, this next cab is going to be completely self-contained (eg, no DIY carbon filter hanging off the back), or completely stealth (from the front anyway, lol) I read on the forums roughly a quarter the CFM as wattage of the lights, I want to fit roughly 400w in this cab so I think I need a ~100cfm blower, time to start shopping for a good deal ;)

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Try craigslist, I've found some good deals on there although your selection is obviously limited.

I'm going to have to get off my lazy ass and post some new pics of the closet. I have to pull my own weight around here...