What's new

midwest growers unite

joeking

what up midwest, the skies are beamin wit light today. Gettin hellacious amounts of spring cleaning done...but I'm hearin that old man winter isn't planning on going down without a fight, not much longer til our last frost date;)

Just for kicks all my brothers and sisters in the windy city...WOOT WOOT, your last frost date according to the farmer's almanac is on 4/20...LOL

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Cheech & Chong...

Cheech & Chong...

Anyone else going to the show at the State Theatre on the 26?

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Everything's looking real green, midwest. Hopefully we've seen the last of the snow till the end of the year...

Greatlakes: Im in Chicago so I wont be making the Minneapolis Cheech and Chong show. Tell us how it goes. They're going to be in Rockford the next day, South Bend after that. Won't go to either of those shows neither, but hopefully they'll swing through Chicago sometime...

joeking

Strawberry Cough

Strawberry Cough

It's throwin off some neat pruples and the smell is str8 Haze comin down in a few days

This is the lemon, I think its the Super Lemon Haze, maybe, the taste and smell are like candy, the high is pretty edgy, but can be very motivational

@JoeKing I see you had some luck with GHS Cheese. I got one of those 5 pk samples and didn't have very good luck. Cheese seemed to commit suicide, the tap root grew but the seed casing wouldn't fall off to the point where it seems to have stunted the growth. I popped the top off with a razer blade and it looks like the casing was so tight it cut off the top area.

I wonder if this is due to the coloring they put on the seeds because other seed of Haze wouldnt drop its shell until I popped it, now its fine. So out of 5 samples only 2 are growing, one didn't pop, and one is still trying to break ground. A month later...

I didnt have these problems with my seeds from Vancouver Seed Bank.

anonamix

Yeah man! Lookin lovely in the midwest! some chilly nights. but the indoor girls dont mind.

And.. yeah, how is that grapefruit.. It sounds so sexy. I seen some graprefuit form Crop-Canna for REAL REAL expensive. Wher you get yours????

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
I just got back from my spot. There was a controlled burn there this weekend. Did most of the work for me. To bad the just cleared the leaves. Looks like plenty of good stuff for my plants. Dropped off mini greenhouse and supplies to the hollow tree and mapped a few more areas with my GPS. Hoping to get the seeds going by the 21st and seedlings in the ground by May 7th. It's a long way out thought. I'm anxious to get things rolling.

Lets see if the Midwest can grow out 500 pounds this season. Would like to be good for 10 myself.

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey all, sorry I didnt respond earlier.
Yes I'm doing the coco thing, mixed with verm and perlite. Havent posted any pics cause Ive been having some sort of blight or fungus issue. An antifungal spray during early veg and better watering practices seems to have kept it in check so far, thank goodness. Garden is starting to look good again, will post pics when I get a chance.

picture.php

Made a tincture with 4 oz's of Bacardi 151 and a half o or so of ground up buds.

picture.php

Squeezing every last drop of Green Dragon goodness with a garlic press and cheesecloth.

picture.php

The finished product, in a decanter. About 2-3 oz's of tincture. Took a dropperful last night, was about as potent as a nice dose of an edible. Took effect in about an hour, little quicker than an edible, and lasted for hours. Went to bed in the middle of it so don't know how long it lasted, but id wager it would last 5-6 hours before come down, at least for me.

Phil, I know you've been doing the tincture thing, which when i read about it i had to laugh because i had the exact same idea around the same time. Great minds must think alike, eh?

Facelift, I hope you do pull 10 lbs this summer, I'm rooting for you. Maybe you can inspire us all to do great things outdoors...

joeking

The Strawberry Cough is a total haze dominant pheno, I just finished trimming 1 plant and the whole house has the funky pee smell to it;) LOL You Haze heads know what Im talking about. Very resinous, hardy growth, can't wait to see what she yields.

The Sour grapefruit is in its initial run, I won them from an auction from the medical community, initially popped 7 got 6 to germ immidiatly, only got 1 female, kept a male, and popped the other 3, all sprouted, so maybe I'll have better luck gettin some females, did a little reading through some old Dutch Passion stuff that a friend dug up for me on environmental conditions and there affect on sex...we'll see;)

Had great results with GreenHouse gear, Kings Kush 5 outta 5 popped but operator error killed them all by leaving a fan on overnight...lil babies didn't like the cold, the Cheese we had 2 that made it, I got my pheno and my bro has the other, almost identical...very pungent aroma and a great all around smoke, old school flavor for sure. Peace out miswest, Ill try and post some more pics soon

Latest posts

Latest posts