What's new

Midnight Madness, Love Cheese, Atlantic Diesel, Super Lemon Haze

bChiefing

wg- been lurking for a bit and all i can think of is all the different crosses youll get to play with! so much fun. keep it up!:rasta:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good WG, Now its the waiting game.

Did you have really bad pest/fungi problems before?

Besides nute burn and my girls already being top heavy and flopping, knock on wood, I don't have problems.

Its dead middle of winter here though so its cold and I don't have people with critters like Spidermites in my life so I'm not being preventative at all, but should I be?

And now your making some crosses?! Get it son! hahaha thats going to be a journey on its own! Got me thinking, I'm going to try and make beans my next run. I got no fucksticks to work with this time around.

ciao

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I have had spider mites from clones I got somewhere else. My closet doesnt get exhausted continuously or at the rate it should get the air exchanged. Fungus could become an issue.

There is a grow VERY nearby and its got a chronic mite problem.

Have you seen how bad and how hard it is to rid a grow of a root aphid infestation? No thank you.

The Bayer and neem only cost a lil more than $20 combined - a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I just think its better to err on the side of caution rather than having to trash a grow 2 months in.

Hell ya! Making beans is going to be fun! Got Bert settled into his new home.

Isnt it always a waiting game? Wait for the pop, wait for veg, wait to see the start of budset, wait for it to finish, wait to dry, wait to cure...wait, wait, wait.

Damn, sorry Chief, almost forgot to welcome you. There are always empty chairs around, come n go as you please. Thanks for dropping in.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Enough prattling - Time for a proper update

Enough prattling - Time for a proper update

Where to start?

Youll have to excuse some of the leaves on my girls, as the season has been keeping me too busy to properly monitor and care for them.

AD - 19" - She did all her stretching in veg and started flowering under 18/6. Ive suspected some auto genes in her and read a post by DWS that auto traits have been reported.

LC - 35" - I hope the stretch is just about over. Shes surpassed the SLH in height. No buds to speak of yet. I only got 1 pic worth keeping.

SLH - 32" - Very few flowers at this point. I was training her about 3 days ago and nearly snapped 1 of the tops clean off. Dammit! Wheres the tape?
Snipped through the tape today and shes almost healed. Cut enough of the tape away so that she wouldnt be girdled, but left enough to keep supporting her for a few more days.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Part 2

Part 2

Before I start with the MM update, I want to thank everyone who has followed along and given me words of encouragement.

There are 2 people Id like to give special acknowledgement to:
LouDog and Festi.

Lou has been a great help directly and indirectly. Hes given me good tips on holding Bert and collecting/using his spunk. And his MM test thread has been very informative.
Festi has continued to look in here. Hes sent me good vibes and Ive found that he is very personable. I feel hes treated me as good as his own testers.
Gracias mi amigos!

On with the grow.

Try as I might, I just couldnt get a clear bud shot. Ill get ahold of a tripod for next weeks update.

MM#2 - 25" - She looks butch, but shes all lady parts. The tops have sort of flattened out, much more than Berts did. Dont want to call it too soon, but this might be the 'pole' pheno as described by LouDog in his test thread. Rather vigorous in veg with the least amount of stretch under 12/12. I think shes gonna chunk up real nice.

MM#3 - 27" - Slow in veg with the greatest stretch under 12/12. She has a much more airy structure than Bert and #2 and a wider canopy.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Wildgrow, thanks for the great updates! I have a MM @ 4 weeks that is putting off flat topped pistils! She's even got leaf pistils!! I think the OG Kush bx1 brings all the freaky expressions.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow that AD is ahead of the game. That is incredible that it flowered under 18/6, whats the plan with that one?

And dude, you know im a fan of the SLH, and from here, it looks like shes goin to take some time. Regardless, I'm sure she's a pleaser.

Happy Holidays Mate!

Oh and what day of flower was ur update on the 23rd?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks Festi. I know that now, but you already knew that I bet. ;)

LC - My plans for the AD are as follows:

Chop her
Dry her
Smoke her

Ive just about depleted my bud from the last grow. Im trying real hard to have a spliff left over for NYE. That means Im going to have to buy the whole of January. Ugh!

The difference a day makes. SLH is still stretching but shes almost got budlets now. I think theres going to be something to see next week. Fingers crossed.

15 days of flower BTW.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
GHS Picture

GHS Picture

GHS just posted this picture.

its SLH under their LED setup.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks man.

That, phenotypically speaking, is absolutely not what Ive got.

Mine has fewer leaflets, narrower leaflets, longer leaflets. The centers are running about 9" long. Theyre just huge, but dont block a lot of the light.

Both the SLH and the LC are 38" tall now. Gulp!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Welcome friends and lurkers to the weekly photo update! Shall we get started? 1st up this week are the mad sisters.

MM#2 - Shes a pig. Just eats up everything thrown at her and asks for more. Shes all done stretching. Biggest buds in the pantry. Im certain these buds are gonna be dense.

MM#3 - Surprisingly shes showing some sensitivity to... something. Beats me, but Im going to try feeding her 3/4 strength nutes to see if that helps. Thus far, her buds a pretty meager compared to her sister.

Finally a few shots that really show the differences between them.

I cant wait to see them at the finish line - particularly #2.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I swear I can see movement just beyond the glare from my light. Hello..?

So here are the various friends and distant relations.

AD - I do believe that for an auto-runt, she will make some decent smoke. There just wont be much of it. Im expecting thin, somewhat airy spears coming in at well under an ounce.

Shes finicky and sensitive. Maybe this girl, bred for outdoor, just doesnt like being locked up.

LC - Some pretty extreme sativa traits on her. The fingers are long and slender. Even narrower than the SLH leaflets. To date, the stretchiest and most sativa plant Ive grown. Im starting to think shes gonna go 10+ weeks.

Dang - Im going to have to make this a 3 post update.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
And lets not forget the nearly legendary SLH. Alright, maybe thats too much - but I dont recall anyone reporting that her smoke sucks.

SLH - I hope the stretch is over. My light is jacked as high as it will go. The only thing I can do without reefing on the plant is to bend the wing up - and thats only going to get me 2" more.
Ive overwatered her and it shows. Im going to cut back on her nutes as she just seems a bit overwhelmed.

These pics arent too good. I took over 100 and ditched almost all of them. And you know what? Good enough. Especially for a $40 checkout line camera.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That SLH is going to be a picky bitch to please and she is very lanky but hopefully that all fills in. How long for her to flower?

Nice update, got any big new years plans?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Yo LyryC, she was a fuller plant but Ive been snipping this n that and plucking a few fans off the upper half. Those really low and lanky bits are what Im hoping to sex-up with Bert.

Ha, I just posted in a 'What are you plans for NYE' thread. Heres what I wrote:

Ringing it in with a 'bang'! ;) Hehehe - Need I say more?

Hey CB, that she is for such a small space. I just wish I had the forethought to tie back the LC. I cant get far enough away from them to get an accurate sense of size in the pics.

You know, I get all kinds of smells walking in there now. But they get all twisted together in my nose so its really hard to distinguish 1 from another.

Smells ive gotten from the whole space in the last 4 weeks or so: spicy like pepper but lighter n sweeter, sweet skunk, hash/resin, unidentifiable citrus sort of odor, a grapey soda and maybe a lil something like a fresh mint. An olfactory smorgasbord!

A couple more weeks and I should be able to pinpoint their origins better.

EDIT: Bumped up against the AD - smells frickin yummy! Buttery sour funk!

Buddler

Veteran
And lets not forget the nearly legendary SLH. Alright, maybe thats too much - but I dont recall anyone reporting that her smoke sucks.

SLH - I hope the stretch is over. My light is jacked as high as it will go. The only thing I can do without reefing on the plant is to bend the wing up - and thats only going to get me 2" more.
Ive overwatered her and it shows. Im going to cut back on her nutes as she just seems a bit overwhelmed.
Looking good WG ,my slh got too tall i super cropped them to keep below light or tie them over .Also very sensitve to nitrogen lots of clawing..Nice work bro..:dance013:Buddler

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Buddler - ya man, shes clawed alright. I believe its a combo of the overwatering and full strength nutes.

Been mixing up her feed separate from the others, leaving out the N heavy components.

If the clawing continues, Ill take her down to 1/2 nutes and maybe skip the powdered amendments completely.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
29 Days of 12/12

29 Days of 12/12

Except for the AD - since she autoed, I m counting her at 6 weeks rather than 4. Shes actually got some weight to her and still has a buttery sour aroma. Its strong and quite nice. 2-3 weeks left on her. I cant wait - Im smoking merch shwag - ICK!

***************Dont know whats going on. Cant access my albums for some reason. Must be some bugs to iron out with the server jump. Guess Ill have to wait until tomorrow.**************

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Day 29 0f 12/12

I knew exactly what I wanted to post last night, but Ill be damned if I can remember this morning.

So Im keeping it short.

AD - Like I said, about 6 weeks in - probably 2 to go. Surprisingly, shes putting on some weight. And she still smells buttery and sour - its quite nice.
picture.php

LC - Now stretch is finally done at 45 1/2". She smells sweet and theres something thats got just a lil bit of a bite. It has a light RC Cola scent after the initial inhale. Very interesting!
picture.php

MM#2 - 30" Im having a hard time trying to convince myself that I can describe her smell. Shes a lil sweet but mostly the odor of something manmade that was burned then rained on and finally baking in the sun of a hazy, hot, humid day. Like an off-gassing sort of thing.
picture.php

MM#3 - 33" Its lost the guava and almost completely a light wet melon thats just slightly sweet. She grows a lot more differently than I had expected from MM. I think she may go long and devlope long, thick, bristling sword blade, sativa-like spears. We always hope for the best.
picture.php

SLH - 44"! She getting 1/2 or less strength nutes and seems to be handling it well. Im also letting her pot get almost dry between waterings. I give her 8-12 oz of water and wait 10 minutes for it to disperse. Then I give her more and repeat until shes evenly wetted with no runoff. You see the damage done by the overwatering and full dose nutes. If a cat had claws like this, it would be immobile.
picture.php

I know the hps sucks, but mayhaps you notices some of the frostiness, hmmmm? Its nothing phenomenal, but the frostiest Ive had so far.

There are a few more pics in the 'Round 3' album should you care to see more unnaturally colored plants.

EDIT: Ha, nice. Now I know how to get big pics up.

Latest posts

Latest posts