, The Ghost of
Veteran
Heeheehee! :woohoo: I did it. I'm popping beans. :dance013:

In water, I dropped:

4 Midnight Madness House of Love
1 Love Cheese (fem) Royal Dutch Genetics
4 Atlantic Diesel DevilWeedSeeds
1 Super Lemon Haze (fem) Green House

Hopefully that will give me 6 females. Obviously, I have the 2 fem seeds; and, if the law of averages works out, I'll end up with 2 each of the MM and AD.

MM and AD both came from the Bay, and LC and SLH were gifts I got for my b-day.

I'm growing in promix amended with a little sea bird guano, a general granulated fertilizer w/ a bunch of good bugs in it, a little extra perlite and a dash of vermiculite. I'll be using 2 - 3 g pots depending on the plants needs. I'm feeding w/ Fox Farm. I know, its 'beginner' but, its also easy to use and it works. My light is 400 w, I have a 6 inch exhaust fan (intake is passive) and a nice little circulation fan that is more than sufficient.

Penguin59

Oh wow mang this sounds awesome. Mind if I tag along for the show? Your setup sounds very similar to mine, good ventilation by the sounds of things.

Really really looking forward to the super lemon haze as I've heard only good things about it.

Penguin

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wildgrow, best of luck with this run! I think you're gonna dig the MM, she's a super freak for sure :)

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Hey, thanks guys.

Ya, Penguin, I hope the SLH lives up to the hype.

Welcome ITS man. Ive got high hopes.

Festi! Special thanks for the beans. The shit just looks crazy!

About to pull them out and put in paper towels. Maybe there will be some sproutlin's to ogle next time.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
8 for 10

8 for 10

:biggrin: 8 out of 10 seeds have popped so far.

Theyre now in pods and under lights.

edit: Im still waiting on the LC and 1 of the MM.

:laughing: That makes me giddy - let the fun begin!

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Counted LyryC!

9 out of 10 popped. Only 1 MM didnt make it. It was a bit of a runt so I didnt really expect it to pull through.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Lets see, 4 days in pods under a shoplight and and using tap water, all but 2 had long roots trailing out the bottoms. Niiccce!

All 9 are potted. I have a fan set up to blow on them lightly. Its just enough to make em jiggle a lil. Imo this will help to strengthen the stalks right away and dry the topmost soil so it doesnt stay too wet around the tender stems. By the time I have to water again, theyll be strong enough to start stresssing the stalks some, making them even tougher.

I tried taking a pic but you really wouldnt have been able to see anything.

Unless theres a tradgedy, dont expect an update for awhile - things are kinda boring right now.

So, for your viewing pleasure

:dancer:

One thing I wanted to add to this grow is silica. If anyone has a suggestion on this chime in.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Alright, its been about 10 days since I put the seedlings in soil and all are alive. :)

MM in the back and AD in the front.

SLH and LC.

1 of the AD was not sprouting out any leaves. I figured that part of that inner seed skin was stuck inbetween the seedling leaves, so I gave it a gentle spreading. Its finally trying to grow but it looks like a tiny green blob. Unfortunately, you cant really see it.

On the better side of things, Ive got this MM thats short- and wide-leaved. I dont really know but if someones been drooling over the 'big bertha' pheno, what do you think?

Penguin59

Nice healthy little ones you have there mate! Very good practice to label them all clearly too.

How long were u gonna veg them again?

Penguin

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Hey fellers. Thanks for keeping an eye out. P, I want to veg em for a month. So's I reckon Im be flippin em the 1st of Decembee.

I just moved them from the shoplight to under the MH. Topped em off with a bit of water to be sure they dont get too dry.

Like the last grow Ill conserve as much power as I can; although Ive increased the amount of time Im running the big light by 2 hours. I also wont need to run the exhaust constantly while the light is on. I think I can get away with running 3 times for 1 hour during lights-on.

All the MM have roots showing out of the bottoms of the pots :D

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey wildgrow got a question or a few

I popped some beans and never done it before. I have supports for the seedlings otherwise they would fall over, is this normal?

Also I used bagseed beans so I'm unsure of the strain but was curious how long do you veg seeds till you can determine sex? Or how long should I veg them so that I can flower them and catch them if their male?

Thanks a lot! And I'm in this for the SLH, such an amazing smoke.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Happy to answer as it pertains to how my grow goes, LyryC.

The 1st time I popped some AD I had to stake the seedlings. I didnt have a circulation fan set up so the seedlings didnt get the kind of 'natural' stress that they would get outdoors. The 1st and 3rd times I busted open some beans I had a fan gently blowing by them - no support needed. If Ive had a lanky one, I would partailly plant the stem to help support it.

I think Im going to stick with about a month of veg, so within a couple of weeks after the flip to 12/12. If you want a longer veg you can always crank the lights back up after the plants show sex.

So far any males Ive come across have shown sex before the females. A simple search for pics of male/female cannabis flowers will show what each looks like.

Youre in for the long haul then. If the SLH is a hazey pheno, I expect it to finish last.

Hope that helps.

L

LouDog420

You'll know that bertha when you see her. A bit faster with that sadness stretch, but still rocking the denseness of the og... Better calyx/leaf ratio as the other ladies were a bit more leafy... All crystals out the ass. Sweet skunk smell. And oh the potency...

Good vibes wild, looking good man!

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Happy to answer as it pertains to how my grow goes, LyryC.

The 1st time I popped some AD I had to stake the seedlings. I didnt have a circulation fan set up so the seedlings didnt get the kind of 'natural' stress that it would get outdoors. The 1st and 3rd times I busted open some beans I had a fan gently blowing by them - no support needed. If Ive had a lanky one, I would partailly plant the stem to help support it.

I think Im going to stick with about a month of veg, so within a couple of weeks after the flip to 12/12. If you want a longer veg you can always crank the lights back up after the plants show sex.

So far any males Ive come across have shown sex before the females. A simple search for pics of male/female cannabis flowers will show what each looks like.

Youre in for the long haul then. If the SLH is a hazey pheno, I expect it to finish last.

Hope that helps.

You are awesome! My seedlings are on their 3rd set of leaves. 1 of them that did fall over multiple times already has a browned and hardened stem near the root riot.

Unfortunately I don't use soil so I cant bury it for support, but that makes me think of stem rot.

The SLH will be worth the wait!

Would you mind if I posted a seedling picture for some feedback?

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Thanks Lou - nice to see 1 of the 'big dawgs' rolling through my humble little grow.

Go ahead, LyryC, post it up. As far as stem rot goes, the fan also helps to dry the topmost portion of soil keeping it from being too wet around the stem. The LC was shaped like a 's' bent over sideways - I buried all the curvy stuff and she's chugging right along with the others.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
seedlings

seedlings

here they are. Long and lanky, weird specimens.

Picture of the brown stem also, I think it won't make it.

Latest posts

Latest posts