What's new

MicroSOG DrBudGreengenes Stylie.

Sexual Frusteration!

Sexual Frusteration!

After 14 seedlings, I finally have some real no faking girls in flower...

Clones from each are in the rooting box, so I think I finally can start looking forward to phasing into a perpetual grow. Took me long enough, but it certainly has given me plenty of practice playing around with the males. Not caring if they lived or died gave me free reign to cut, train, clone, etc...

Other then learning how to keep from over watering, The Dr Bud microsog style is dialed in for me now. The only addition I have made is to add a bit of molasseses to the nute mix.

Looking forward to something better then tinctures and oil from the males.. :joint:

30 days or so till harvest! :jump:

Independance day!

Independance day!

Celebrated independence day by building a proper grow cab. I am now totally in control of my own budz... No more black market questions about quality, chemical content, or risks! :jump:

The top section is the flower chamber and has a 150HPS on one side and a "hydra" mount fixture that will hold up to 5 CFL. This fixture was bought at Lowes and allows almost total height and angle adjustments for better light coverage. I have 3 42W warm whites in there now, and one 20w UV reptile light.

I have 30 inches of overhead space, and a shelf system that adjusts every inch or two so that I can raise or lower the bottom as needed.

The bottom section has two 26w daylight bulbs and one 42w warm white on 24/7. Plenty of space for the clone box and revegging, mothers, vegging clones.

Got the vents tuned so that each space maintains a steady 80 degrees when light are on, hoping that help accelerate my clone rooting. at 65-72 degrees, they been taking 3-4 weeks to root out properly.

The females are in their new home and look quite happy... :rasta:

Day 26 of flower and the Superbud buds are filling in nicely. They been drinking water like crazy, I put them in a tub and added 2 inches of water with a drop of superthrive. Hoping that will keep their thirst quenched as they work on filling in that cola.

Took my lone black queen female and two males out to the backyard for a little seed making sexytime. I have three clones rooting from this plant, so will be able to add those to the flowering room before too long.

Ahh

Ahh

Everything looking good.Nice to see those ladies flowering,ur hard work will pay off!!!Nice cab to,I spent my 4th at camp smoking,fishing and drinking beer.Peace

J-uana
:joint:

Half way through and the flowers are starting to smell. A light piney citrus scent with a bit of green pepper smell.. Oder control is working fine, was a bit worried about that when I started.

Crystals starting to build up as well...:rasta:

DrBudGreengenes

Veteran
Nice Hempy....lookin good Bro
Keep an eye out for these lil guys they are canna friendly and don't eat much at all....U can trust the Gnomes ....they are all med users....lol

Connoisseur300 said:
How long does the couple of inches in your container last when watering your plants?

The biggest problem I experienced as I learned to grow indoors was over watering. So when I water now, I dip the 20oz bottles in the nutes and let them soak until the bubbles stop, then replace and fill the tray with a little water and superthrive. They drink steadily all that day, and that evening a few hours before lights out I dump out any remaining water. Then let it dry out for a day or two, and begin again. I am assuming that the water in the tiny pot isn't enough to fully hydrate the buds and leaves, so the "feet wet" method lets them drink until they are satisfied, then I let the dryout cycle begin.

Suggestions welcome, but that is what is working for me at the moment.

oohcow

Hempy, The hydra mount you have is completely bought at lowes? or do you have to assemble it? Does it have to be mounted? or can it be hung (so it can be raised and lowered) Do you have anymore pictures of it?

One other question: Can you provide a picture or tell of a post number where I can see the bottom of the bottles you're using? I'd love to do a version of this in a smaller form because this looks like a very good passive hydro system but I wanna see how you fabricated the bottles.

BTW, this microSOG thing might be the coolest idea ever. A great way to experiment with how to boost scale yields without having to use massively huge plants. :D

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
hempybucquet said:
The biggest problem I experienced as I learned to grow indoors was over watering. So when I water now, I dip the 20oz bottles in the nutes and let them soak until the bubbles stop, then replace and fill the tray with a little water and superthrive. They drink steadily all that day, and that evening a few hours before lights out I dump out any remaining water. Then let it dry out for a day or two, and begin again. I am assuming that the water in the tiny pot isn't enough to fully hydrate the buds and leaves, so the "feet wet" method lets them drink until they are satisfied, then I let the dryout cycle begin.

Suggestions welcome, but that is what is working for me at the moment.

So you still have to water everyday or so right? because I love the method of growing but I ern for system I can safely leave alone for about four to five days at a time if I have to. I'm going to need some sort of drip system I guess.

BigBlack81 said:
Can I see the bottom of the bottles you're using? I'd love to do a version of this in a smaller form because this looks like a very good passive hydro system but I wanna see how you fabricated the bottles.

BTW, this microSOG thing might be the coolest idea ever. A great way to experiment with how to boost scale yields without having to use massively huge plants. :D

Yes it is badass... thank you Dr Bud for putting this knowhow out there! :canabis: :yes: :respect:

But anyway , here is a picture of the bottom of my 20oz &-Up pots. I painted the bottoms black, although I see no real difference between the painted bottles and those I left clear.

oohcow said:
Hempy, The hydra mount you have is completely bought at lowes? or do you have to assemble it? Does it have to be mounted? or can it be hung (so it can be raised and lowered) Do you have anymore pictures of it?

I bet you could hang it, but I chose to mount it to the ceiling as I can raise or lower the shelf as needed in my cab.

It was a 5 hole box from Lowes, 5 light mounts which were too deep for a cfl so you would need an adapter or 10 minutes with a hack saw as I did to shorten the sockets And one bottom plate with mounting hole. The whole thing was less then $20 & can be adjusted in any way imaginable.

Connoisseur300 said:
So you still have to water everyday or so right? because I love the method of growing but I ern for system I can safely leave alone for about four to five days at a time if I have to. I'm going to need some sort of drip system I guess.

Watering by hand every 1-3 days as needed. (Pot lift method.) I also want to figure out some sort of ebb and flow rig so that I can go away for more then a long weekend :) I am sure Dr. Bud has this question already figured out, can ask him before you work hard to reinvent the wheel... :wallbash:

FWIW I have grown kitchen herbs, MJ, and other plants with great success outdoors in a passive hydro/soil setup I adapted from the "Hempy Bucket"

I have been wanting to try setting up a clone with this setup in a 20oz to see how it might grow. I have a few rooting, maybe I will be able to start that experiment soon.

obZen

DrBudGreengenes said:
Nice Hempy....lookin good Bro
Keep an eye out for these lil guys they are canna friendly and don't eat much at all....U can trust the Gnomes ....they are all med users....lol

Roflmao. I almost knocked over the bong when I saw that pic. Gnomes FTW!

ANYWAY!

Looking Good Hempy, I've been lurking around watching for awhile.

Good to see you stopped over-watering so damn much. We all do that in the beginning. :joint:

Keep it up, you'll be smoking danky in no time.

EDIT:
You might consider tweaking your soil mix if it's drying out too fast.

Get the soil wet, water when it's dry.
The plants will tell you when they're thirsty.
You just have to listen.

Plastic Bottles are awesome for this, because you can see when the soil is dry a lot easier.

That's just me rambling. I'll shut up now.

Where did I put that pipe?

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
You know a large flood and drain table is a great idea for a micro soil setup like yours and docs. I havn't seen one. Yet.
I may give it a go with my new cab i'm about to start putting together. I would also like to go organic on this new one.

Connoisseur300 said:
You know a large flood and drain table is a great idea for a micro soil setup like yours and docs. I havn't seen one. Yet.

I think it would work well. You would have to flood it really slowly or clamp down the bottles as they tend to float pretty aggressively when dry.

If using the Doc's nute mixture, I am not sure how the fish emulsion would fare in a rez. The stank factor even with a bubbler could be epic. Might have to find a substitute for an ebb and flow.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
hempybucquet said:
I think it would work well. You would have to flood it really slowly or clamp down the bottles as they tend to float pretty aggressively when dry.

If using the Doc's nute mixture, I am not sure how the fish emulsion would fare in a rez. The stank factor even with a bubbler could be epic. Might have to find a substitute for an ebb and flow.

You don't have to put any nutes in the res. at all. water/fert. by hand when needed but if you needed to go out of town or just decided to be a little lazy because you were too drunk the night before just use plain ph water.

holding the bottles down is another story. You could add some rocks in the bottom of the bottle first I guess.

That brings me to another idea I had just now. What if I/we used Hydrotone in the bottom of the bottle for the first two inches so when we flood/fill the res you can add a couple air stones and not worry about root rot or anything along those lines. just a thought and it's not very thought through.

Latest posts

Latest posts