What's new

Micro grow 80w LLR#2

H

hisser

I got around 150g dry from my first grow, cab was 3.2 sqft and had 570w of cheap CFL's I used coco as a medium and only miracle gro dry nutrients, but I had a pH meter, these are bluestreaks, ran them under 24/0 from seed to harvest, 2 gallon pots:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

0.5GPW should be doable if you follow the rules. each pot of these gave around 55g, I also had 2 sour 60's in 2 liter pots that gave an oz each :tiphat:

I got around 150g dry from my first grow, cab was 3.2 sqft and had 570w of cheap CFL's I used coco as a medium and only miracle gro dry nutrients, but I had a pH meter, these are bluestreaks, ran them under 24/0 from seed to harvest, 2 gallon pots:

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

0.5GPW should be doable if you follow the rules. each pot of these gave around 55g, I also had 2 sour 60's in 2 liter pots that gave an oz each :tiphat:
but as i see you didin`t grow one or two plants or it looks because of LST so you think 30g in thesse conditions should be okay?
will be making reflectors from pepsi cans :)

H

hisser

number of plants doesn't matter, what matters is how many watts,the grow area, and root space. I would use aluminum duct tape instead of cans, just tape above the lamp and on the sides of it. :)

D

DJXXPLATINUM

i think hisser would be the one to talk to...or the micro forum...i run a 600watter...i use cheap cfl for veg....but i am no expert...from what i see hisser has it dialed...hope this helps..dj

sgapetti

Veteran
I am using 120/130 watt in a 1,2sqf cab ( 35 cm x 35 cm ) which gives us 100 watt x sq f ( the minimum necessary for a decent photosynthesis with cfl). Decide the cab size, get the lights necessary and start from there.

With 70 watt i will go for a pc case, the most important is to keep the lamps very close to the plants, like that
picture.php

and a working air exchange in order to keep the temps down . All you need to do is to read other 3D 's with a similar setup , start to grow, make mistake and learn. There are no short cuts, or trade secrets, even if we try to explain you will not understand before you read a few manuals and make some mistakes.
Peace S

I am using 120/130 watt in a 1,2sqf cab ( 35 cm x 35 cm ) which gives us 100 watt x sq f ( the minimum necessary for a decent photosynthesis with cfl). Decide the cab size, get the lights necessary and start from there.

With 70 watt i will go for a pc case, the most important is to keep the lamps very close to the plants, like that
View Image
and a working air exchange in order to keep the temps down . All you need to do is to read other 3D 's with a similar setup , start to grow, make mistake and learn. There are no short cuts, or trade secrets, even if we try to explain you will not understand before you read a few manuals and make some mistakes.
Peace S
if i get one more light like 35w 2700k and plant 2 plants in the setup like you showed,everything should be ok?
Thanks everyone,you are very helpful :)

rootidec

Veteran
if i get one more light like 35w 2700k and plant 2 plants in the setup like you showed,everything should be ok?
Thanks everyone,you are very helpful :)

that would be 90+35= 125
yes of course it sounds better :)

ventilation sounds right too for a pc. Now please don't skimp on decent soil and ph liquid test, even if you're on budget, if you want to achieve 30g. c ya

that would be 90+35= 125
yes of course it sounds better :)

ventilation sounds right too for a pc. Now please don't skimp on decent soil and ph liquid test, even if you're on budget, if you want to achieve 30g. c ya

soil after some research i`l get but maybe only for flowering stage.
also searching for cheat ph liquid test :)
Updates should be tommorow or so with photos :)

View Image
Peace S
for my budged and setup this might be better idea and start by planting 2 plants?

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking forward to seeing pics and update.

Any reason you are choosing autoflower plants over regular plants?

Looking forward to seeing pics and update.

Any reason you are choosing autoflower plants over regular plants?

first reason low ryder#2 are like our country beginners plants,not very difficult to grow,good yield and short time to grow something like 60-70 days as i know.
secondly because of budget so i`m getting fem. seeds+gifts i`l see how everything goes :)
thirdly i see not many people outside europe grows it so it will be helpful for others who maybe thinks of it or will get interested ;)

rootidec

Veteran
soil after some research i`l get but maybe only for flowering stage.
also searching for cheat ph liquid test :)
Updates should be tommorow or so with photos :)

...so which soil are you starting with?
I don't know around where you live, but here at a "XYZ" hydroshop I can get:
7-8€ = 20 liters decent soil
8-10€ = 1L bottle of soil all mix fertilizer (means you get basic NPK values and other microelements that could theoretically get you through the whole grow, nutrients-wise. Not the best, but you're on a budget I see)
5€ = basic timer (this price at the supermarket - hydroshops try to push more expensive ones)

I really really hope you can get at least these, I don't recall you mentioned them.
Timer of course is not *compulsory*, but your nerves will thank you ^.^

PS> guys here (absolutely some all stars of IC) may advice you differently on these of course, and I agree blindfolded with them. This is just what I got for my first grow, and worked ;)

...so which soil are you starting with?
I don't know around where you live, but here at a "XYZ" hydroshop I can get:
7-8€ = 20 liters decent soil
8-10€ = 1L bottle of soil all mix fertilizer (means you get basic NPK values and other microelements that could theoretically get you through the whole grow, nutrients-wise. Not the best, but you're on a budget I see)
5€ = basic timer (this price at the supermarket - hydroshops try to push more expensive ones)

I really really hope you can get at least these, I don't recall you mentioned them.
Timer of course is not *compulsory*, but your nerves will thank you ^.^

PS> guys here (absolutely some all stars of IC) may advice you differently on these of course, and I agree blindfolded with them. This is just what I got for my first grow, and worked ;)
going to buy soil in few days,tommorow going to get pc case and some construction starts.
what you think for first grow maybe Northern lights or Big bang?
still having some wonders,planning to save cash and get another 35w or so 6700k spectre light,ph test also.I`l see what i can do any updates will be on here :) hoping to make good grow log with beautiful views :)
thinking about trying Big Bang and save some budget for nutriets,ph meters

Last edited:

rootidec

Veteran
going to buy soil in few days,tommorow going to get pc case and some construction starts.
what you think for first grow maybe Northern lights or Big bang?
still having some wonders,planning to save cash and get another 35w or so 6700k spectre light,ph test also.I`l see what i can do any updates will be on here :) hoping to make good grow log with beautiful views :)
also found useful site link:

I came across 4-5 strains in my life LOL other may advise you better.
I would just avoid tall, long flowering, regular seeds if I may.

SO superklass, after a little chatroom, I'd like to recap for your convenience:

ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IMHO:
1 PC Case (cover ALL light leaks if you don't get an auto)
1-2 seeds, fem or fem+auto (short & fast if possible this first round)
1-2 small pots
2-3 CFLs with fixtures and wiring (100W whatever mixed spectrum, at least, for nice results)
1 bottle of all-round fertilizer for weed (or for tomatoes if you can't get better)
1 bag of soil for weed (or else, there's a world of choice, literally, just bake it if it's from the yard so you avoid pests)
1 liquid PH test
1 PC fan 120mm wired to an old cellphone charger, or to a universal transformer that goes to the plug, that pulls hot air out.

OPTIONAL:
1 basic timer (strongly advised anyway)
1 cheap, plastic, graded pipe for measuring ferts
1 hygro/thermo digital
1 DYI scrubber ( _IF_ smell is a concern: mind it will nearly kill your airflow. ONA GEL is a good alternative)

I came across 4-5 strains in my life LOL other may advise you better.
I would just avoid tall, long flowering, regular seeds if I may.

SO superklass, after a little chatroom, I'd like to recap for your convenience:

ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY IMHO:
1 PC Case (cover ALL light leaks if you don't get an auto)
1-2 seeds, fem or fem+auto (short & fast if possible this first round)
1-2 small pots
2-3 CFLs with fixtures and wiring (100W whatever mixed spectrum, at least, for nice results)
1 bottle of all-round fertilizer for weed (or for tomatoes if you can't get better)
1 bag of soil for weed (or else, there's a world of choice, literally, just bake it if it's from the yard so you avoid pests)
1 liquid PH test
1 PC fan 120mm wired to an old cellphone charger, or to a universal transformer that goes to the plug, that pulls ot air out.

OPTIONAL:
1 basic timer (strongly advised anyway)
1 cheap, plastic, graded pipe for measuring ferts
1 hygro/thermo digital
1 DYI scrubber ( _IF_ smell is a concern: mind it will nearly kill your airflow. ONA GEL is a good alternative)
yes,thanks again :)
for lights 2x35w cfl 2700k in month end i should get 1x35 6700k and everything else i should get in one or two weeks maybe,hard to tell :) just might take time to get ph meter and some good temperature meter.

rootidec

Veteran
yes,thanks again :)
for lights 2x35w cfl 2700k in month end i should get 1x35 6700k and everything else i should get in one or two weeks maybe,hard to tell :) just might take time to get ph meter and some good temperature meter.

good luck then mate :) :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts