What's new

Micheal Phelps tokes on a ROOR!

southpaw

LMAO

Saying "I acted youthfully" is about the equivalent of saying "Next time I get ripped, I'm looking around for cameras first."

Smoke on Mike, smoke on.

NOKUY

Veteran
if it's him, as the story seems to go.....then he needs to "man up"...and say "yeah i smoke weed".

Mj isnt performance enhancing for an athlete.

if a sponsor drops him 'cause of it then to me he didnt need that sponsor.

ive never denied my love of cannabis to anyone who straight up asked me my thoughts on it, and my views have pissed people off....but i feel better about that than bein a weasel and trying to make lame excuses for it.

ROJO145

Veteran
I dont care what he says,I pulled a Grisom on those two pics,and the freckles dont match!They dont come and go do they?I thought they were with ya for life,mine are.In conclusion......its not him,dont know why he's liein,but I'm on the case.:smoke:

Kalifornia

Funny how their so sorry after they get caught,.
If they knew it was wrong and wouldn't ever do it again,.
they should have already have made up their mind also from the start,.

The only thing that went wrong is you got turned in.
you should feel terrible that someone did such a thing.

Oh well we have a new RooR spokesman,.

:woohoo:

K

KMK0420

just as i figured. i guarantee you he's a dousche IRL. he got the money, the fame, and now he's playing on it. i bet you he's one of the guys would would say..

"DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM"
"IM MICHAEL PHELPS!! GOLD MEDALIST!!"

and it even makes sense with a partier saying he was "out of control"

to me, phelps seems like a pretty dim bulb. he is certainly bereft of inter-personal skills or charisma on tv. He has only made a fraction of the fortune that awaited a similarly situated person with a personality and some electrons flowing around the gray matter.

If he were to have owned up to his affinity for smoking, he would indeed become the english-language, even the world spokesman for weed as far as the mainstream media would be concerned. This would be a double edged sword for advocates of our cause. The pros are self-evident but the cons are many--starting with speculation about why he is so f-ing stupid. Aside from the commercial opportunities that he maybe forfeiting by being Mr. weed, I think the guy was thinking about returning to the olympics with all the anti-drug baggage that associates.

His agent and/or PR guy wrote that statement and Phelps merely approved it. He has neither the wit nor the knowledge to handle this situation. He is a ward of his handlers. Sad? Yes. Courageous? No. But hardly evil.

-dTv

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is so NOT Michael Phelps, except to read through some of
the crazy replies here this is one thread that ought to be closed.

EDIT:
I stand corrected but I still can't believe he'd do that, I'm floored
most people like him are so obviously focused on their goals that
they never have the time or inclination to go there.......

thnx for the link SDOG.

Last edited:

Drugcheese

From msnbc:

link:http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28964105/

I think his attitude is fucking weak...The guy has millions of dollars, never has to work again but still doesn't have the balls to tell people that he likes pot and they can fuck themselves if they don't like it...he could have taken the opportunity to say that its a much safer alternative than the booze that landed him with a DUI...but no...phuck him...
He has to be a role model. He has to make good on contracts, as well. If he went on some rant about "pot isnt that bad" then he'd be legally liable for possible contractual damages and would spend the rest of his life being torn apart as the stoner spokesperson.

If he has further professional/athletic goals, im sure he decided to just put those first.

The rest of the world is mostly mellow on pot, and im sure some day he can laugh about it but right now he has big responsibilities beyond trying to win some fucking legalize pot political battle in the USA

He makes money off sponsorships. While it would be great for him to just be honest, he has to be calculated. Cut him some slack.

Last edited:

bleezie

i think its good news already. having such a champ represent a little bit for us. he is representing because he did admit it. now my question is, how often does the guy toke up, lol. because hes so damn healthy and smokes cannabis.