What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Methods on curing larger quantity??

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
This gadget will auto "burp" your jars/containers with a watchful eye on the internal humidity of the curing container. The container will remain sealed otherwise when not burping. Humidity level can be preset to your liking. I hope to prevent mold from growing by never letting the humidity get too high accidentally.

ECB

WTF? really? thats cool as hell! do you have a link?

what does it cost? and does it go ping?

EasyCureBuddy

WTF? really? thats cool as hell! do you have a link?

what does it cost? and does it go ping?

It's my prototype at this point, just got it powered up last night. Not sure on the price yet, and depending on the size of pump etc... the price could change. I need to test this thing out fully first also so that I don't have a bunch of people pissed off at me if something goes wrong. That could happen anyways, so I would say start off with a small quantity of bud and see how it performs next to your standard method of curing. Right now, this model would be $350 sold. I've got nearly $200 in materials right now and my labor and designing. $350-$375 I would say with a larger pump. Everything is better when it's bigger right?!!! :tiphat: That's what she said!

Wendull C.

Veteran
I would be interested in that. Burping more than well, a lot of turkey bags is a pain in the teeth after you untie em all. And yes I have to use my teeth some times. Got fat lil fingers.

EasyCureBuddy

Cool, keep in touch here then and I will let you know how it works. I'm also open to building one for anyone, who would have to test it out on their own, but that's up to you. So far I like what i'm seeing with how it acts when introduced to humidity in a small Jar. I have two 1 Gallon jars that I plan to include with the system though, and I'm not sure about the size of my pump. I may have to up size the pump to make it work more efficiently.

Eighths-n-Aces

Veteran
It's my prototype at this point, just got it powered up last night. Not sure on the price yet, and depending on the size of pump etc... the price could change. I need to test this thing out fully first also so that I don't have a bunch of people pissed off at me if something goes wrong. That could happen anyways, so I would say start off with a small quantity of bud and see how it performs next to your standard method of curing. Right now, this model would be $350 sold. I've got nearly $200 in materials right now and my labor and designing. $350-$375 I would say with a larger pump. Everything is better when it's bigger right?!!! :tiphat: That's what she said!

well dayum! i guess it doesn't have to go ping if it does what it's suppose to do does it?

i wish i grew enough to justify needing something that smart to do the job for me, but then i think about how much time i would have to spend trimming and i'm glad i don't

i hope you can make it work! it would bring a new meaning to the term "sealed room", thats for sure.

so with the right pump (and a bunch of sealant) you're looking to turn pretty much any size container, room or warehouse into a mason jar right?

i can't see myself ever needing one of these but ..... :bow: ...... good idea

EasyCureBuddy

well dayum! i guess it doesn't have to go ping if it does what it's suppose to do does it?

i wish i grew enough to justify needing something that smart to do the job for me, but then i think about how much time i would have to spend trimming and i'm glad i don't

i hope you can make it work! it would bring a new meaning to the term "sealed room", thats for sure.

so with the right pump (and a bunch of sealant) you're looking to turn pretty much any size container, room or warehouse into a mason jar right?

i can't see myself ever needing one of these but ..... :bow: ...... good idea

Right, but there would be a point at which a room turned into a mason jar would probably look more like a room with a humidifier and a dehumidifier setup with a fan and all that. That's for a grower who has too much Bud!

I don't plan on using too much sealant as that would look ugly, I hope to use gaskets etc... to seal up my connections. I may have to use some sealant for the wires to go in/out of the jars, but it should look pretty clean overall.

It's a fun project and I would like to get some out there being tested at least. I'm not gonna get rich from this, but there is a cool factor to it all..... I think....

Definitely trim dry, If you overheat your room at the end, before you trim, you can toast the smell. It's a really delicate time. I lower my heat, and keep my humidity at around 50% for the last couple of days. Don't dry them out too quickly

Some may disagree with me but for our outdoor harvest when it's ready to cure we use 5 gallon food grade buckets with the gamma seal lids and have never gotten a tainted smell from the plastic like some may think, it always works great when curing and storing large quantities. I prefer glass it's all we use for indoor curing and storing, but with a large outdoor harvest it's not always practical.

DoomsDay

Finally someone mentioned it... straight up buckets.. I use the 2.5 gallon white buckets every harvest. Said screw the jars once you harvest more than a lound...they are just time consuming and don't hold enough. 2.5 gallon white buckets with the sealing lid are under 4 bucks each at home depot, and with a bodiva pack taped to the inside, curing is a snap. Found out these worked, gave all of my jars away. Never again.

Last time I dried trim I made such a mess, how do you guys avoid that? I get piles of trichs fallin off dry buds when I pull em off hangers dry trimming just murders the buds for me. Maybe i suck deffo possibilty.

Trim on one of those trim trays that you can buy, that has the Kief catcher screen in the bottom, collects all your lost Trichs and screens the trim.

get a 4-6 ft wire fence roll and let it "un-coil" in the room until about 3 feet between layers, hang all the branches around it until full, then just keep the room air mildly circulated and humidity controlled, then section by section final trim and jar up...(smaller nugs will be ready for jarring slightly sooner )

or did you mean just the "jarring" steps in mass?

ceausescu

Trash bags the ones without the bad smell when you open them.
Place the dry bud in the bags live them for a week,then open once a day for as long as necessary store in a clod place.

Latest posts

Latest posts