What's new

Mega Millions $500,000,000 next drawing

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cash option is $360,000,000.

The old NY Lotto ad claimed "You gotta be in it to win."

So how many of you stoners are gonna dream big and drop a few bucks on the off chance that it's your ticket that wins?

The odds are 175,000,000 to 1 for hitting the main prize and so if you covered every number you'd still clear $325,000,000 which an Australian consortium decided to do quite a few years ago when the odds were much lower & prize had risen to $200,000,000.

To play, pick five numbers from 1 to 56 (the white balls) plus one more number – the Mega Ball® – from 1 to 46 (the red balls). You win the jackpot if you match all five white balls plus the Mega Ball.

Who's got some lucky numbers to share?

The following 43 states (plus the US Virgin Islands) are enrolled in the Mega Millions Lotto:

Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

which means you guys in Alaska have an awfully long walk to the corner store to play the game, hope you have friends & family to buy some for you. On 2nd thought what in the fuck would you do w/500 million in Alaska anyways? NOKUY?

you could literally buy anything under the sun including the new Boeing 747-8 @ $336,000,000 but a nice Citation jet might be more practical for weekend runs to paradise.

I can only hope and it would be a pisser if someone from the site here hits it big.......

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
i think God wants me to win......

he's been telling me since this morning to go buy $10k in tickets.....I AM NOT JOKING ABOUT THIS

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
Let it go Krunch.

I got the winner in my wallet right now.

I've got a 600+ acre ranch in CO I've had my eye on, and this house in Maui looks good too.

DrPoison

POISON GENETICS.
ICMag Donor
Funny Im getting that same message Krunch...maybe it's the tinfoil hats?
Already blew enough money on Mega while the pot was slowly building up until now. Im getting 1 ticket for Friday that's it! The winning ticket! :woohoo:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Can you imagine how long it would take to buy 175,000,000 lotto tickets? You'd need a whole lot of folks to help you with that one. Could you imagine the look on the face of the guy at your local store that sells lottery tickets if you walked in with a few suitcases full of money and said "I'd like to buy 175 Million tickets please." :)

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
They say that the lottery is a tax on stupid people but I'm not so sure. Someone wins big every couple of weeks.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they have made way more then 500m in lotto sales.. There business is for profit ..I could still use an extra 180m

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
It's more like 49% after the Windfall Tax. Yes, there is a Windfall Tax. Bastards.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
and you guys know...

I WOULD INVEST THAT SHIT IN A 100K LIGHT WAREHOUSE....

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
If I won I would send gypsy enough money to make us all IC Mag Donors,and buy a smallish island,where we would all have monkey butlers and free nutes for life

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
234 after a 35% govt. tax.

If I am not mistaken, the money is gone if you die.

You could do just as well, sticking the money in a low risk investment, and living off the interest.

lottery winnings are completely (what would be the word?) will-able to heirs but I believe that if on the yearly payment schedule that upon a death the remaining principal would need to be paid out by Lotto so the heirs could collect and the estate closed in a timely manner.

and hell yeah, any low risk investment yielding even 1% on 234M would be equal to about 45 thousand a week to spend, life might actually get boring after a few years.

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
^^^^Not if you dedicated yourself to helping others, S4L. You could make a real difference.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gota pay taxes on those capital gains...Seems like for ever 5$ we make the Gov want 3 of it.

Latest posts

Latest posts