What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

supermanlives

Veteran
you rock bro . i have looked at this thread several times lol. i havent ever seen that many lights in one place . i have never gone over 30k at one spot and usually alot less.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks superman, means alot from u.
i had another hella large op, 80 vertical lights, no hoods, lotsa burns on my arms... no pics :(

imho, 20 lights or so is pleeeennnnty

R

Raw_Dog

thanks superman, means alot from u.
i had another hella large op, 80 vertical lights, no hoods, lotsa burns on my arms... no pics :(

imho, 20 lights or so is pleeeennnnty

20 Lights has to be run by someone who has real 20 light experience. That is not for the rookies or people who have some money to throw at growing marijuana. I would give advice but no-one asked for mine so I'll keep quiet.

Your next operation isnt going to go as well either, because you have to learn how to grow. Having some of the issues that I see you're having is not heard of for the guys who have been growing for the last 10 years. It takes experience to do what you are trying to do, not money. If you had 2 lights and it bought you 2 more then run those 4. When you get to 8 then 16... you'll suddenly see that this isn't a cakewalk. The bugs you had weren't noticed by you or your staff, but the person smoking the buds knew something wasn't right. I was shaking my head the whole time reading this. :ying:

Not meaning to rain on your parade, or even cause a disturbance but people like you are the ones I stalk to buy equipment from when your operation runs out of funds, like what actually happened. That power bill should have been $8K minimal... The rent had to be at least $3k. Food and supplies for 80 lights...$6k minimal. You would need 8 full time trimmers at a completely unique location (more money), and they need to be supervised and managed(more money). Anyways... as I look at that, all I can think of if you didn't have Government funding or licensed your future is jail, murder, fire, robbery, or just plain FAILURE.

Good Luck.

Marijuana growing is addictive to those who learn how to grow, not for those who just want to get rich.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the input raw dog, and i agree w alot of what u said.

as far as "FAILURE" goes.

an op ending isnt an op failing.
for me, it was a great exp. when i was w the plants day & night, had some great workers there that im still close friends w. This op went very well, ran very smoothly, costs for trimmers and plant food and soil and rent were all generally available, so long as product went out in a timely fashion.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your next operation isnt going to go as well either, because you have to learn how to grow.... The bugs you had weren't noticed by you or your staff, but the person smoking the buds knew something wasn't right. I was shaking my head the whole time reading this. :ying:

dunno what to say except, "what bugs i didnt notice?" ran a bug free environment except aphids on a small amount of plants.
the aphid infested plants did get processed (trimmed in sat trim) but buds were never sold, they were made into BHO along w some small mountain of trim. so im pretty sure no-one smoked any aphids or spider mites, just like im pretty sure no meds left the place after being eagled in week 7 or 8.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sad to read it should end up so AM ! would be a "bit" sad over those..
insanely big,just watering all those jesus christ.
would you do it again,in so big scala..after those experience..
Take care !
Then you says-one was sexaddicted-does that means-those spend the money on hookers,instead of the project ? nope-or mabye..hmm..if...sorry 4 asking-just weird if..

as far as sex-addicted goes...
i had no exp. or knowledge of it, the guy just told me, and his "partner" agreed "the guys sick"
i doubt he was spending operating funds of "hookers", but probably spent some of it on "women"
yes
i would do it again, but the regulatory environment isnt right.... 4 years ago, before the medical thing was truly defined and regulated there was a gray area big enuf to..... well run this op inside of.

given legal safety, i would do it again in 2 seconds.
but thats really a pipe dream... aside from getting in on the ground floor of a newly legal medical state (one w similarly gray regulations).... still pipe-y of a dream.:artist:

R

Raw_Dog

dunno what to say except, "what bugs i didnt notice?" ran a bug free environment except aphids on a small amount of plants.
the aphid infested plants did get processed (trimmed in sat trim) but buds were never sold, they were made into BHO along w some small mountain of trim. so im pretty sure no-one smoked any aphids or spider mites, just like im pretty sure no meds left the place after being eagled in week 7 or 8.

My bad, I didn't mean to go a tantrum, but if Root Aphids are present, they aren't in selected plants, they are in all plants. ALL! My goal isn't to be negative but if seems as if you're jumping into this money first. A fool and his money will soon part.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^
no prob rawdog

dont think i had root aphids, just reg aphids... leaf aphids.
i think if root aphids were present (and widespread would b unavoidable like u said) i would have noticed the damage they did to plants. the aphids in the mega were pretty harmless, very cosmetic, but never attacked the buds or caused the plant noticeable damage (lucky)

ya its true what u say bout them fools.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

"my" aphids looked like this; only on undersides of a few leaves, nothing noticeable living in soil/coco

supermanlives

Veteran
lol. i bet more than 3/4 of this site hasnt even run 20 k. easy to comment when you aint doing it lol. rock on miles

Easygrowing

Veteran
lol. i bet more than 3/4 of this site hasnt even run 20 k. easy to comment when you aint doing it lol. rock on miles

why should us Rookies not could says great grow and so because we dont have done in big scala ? nearly only positive all posts back even we only are ametuers-still enjoy looks big grows....
It,s not rocketdesignerknowledge 2 knows,then more ppl there into something then higher chance for one or two falling out, or others things goes wrong.sorry 4 sounds like an prick super
with my only 400 w i better shut up...

Ok Avanish understanding ! :blowbubbles:

I

ItsTopShelf

sick grow much props.. sucks about the bugs.. and that its not running anymore.. but hey props for pulling it off

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how many supermanlives-s does it take to change 120 light bulbs in enclosed hoods?

a420head

Huh, thats some mega grow alright. If I had been you, I would have been the happiest grower alive and same time the most miserable man on earth :). The size of that grow is amazing, but just at looking the sea of wires and way to hook up so many lights with 6" cooling makes me wonder that how much more was done completely wrong there.

Sadly, the people who have resources and connections to run something like that rarely have any idea how to do it properly.