What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mega 120k watt warehouse grow

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
wow sounds like a bad mess of the wrong people. 120 lights should only be invested and "managed" by 2-3 people tops....with maybe 2-3 paid workers and a seperate trim scene not affiliated with the grow.

but yeah people who cant control themselves are the worst people to be running big opps...growing on large scale requires discipline and experiance....party animals and newbs just in it for quick cash are destined for failure, at least yall didnt end up in jail!!

TripleDraw27

Veteran
old-spice-guy-nodding.gif

TLoft13

.... I was told to spray these plants with eagle 20, I second guessed, asked if he was sure, said i wouldnt do it, it was wrong, i argued we could use greencure very lightly.
i could have just done it and not cared, or just said i would and spray greencure instead. just didnt seem right tho.
when i left the place my former coworkers described infestations from lack of preventative upkeep, abandoned crops, and new theif employees brought in by the new investors. it was nice while it lasted, in glad it wasnt busted or burned, but the reality of it isnt much better.
Big RESPECT! man! :tiphat::thank you:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry your post is a bit difficult to read

did this grow get busted????

not sure why the OP said it was a dismantled operation then go on to describe everything in real time like it was all currently operating

good spot tho, suprised tents/poly rooms were used on a commercial venture and not actual framed out rooms. After a few months/years a lot of that poly is gonna start letting light from adjoining rooms in, and then you get pest transfer problems/hermis etc

but it seemed to work for him and looks/looked great

shame if its been busted, a lot of work goes into these places

DEF not busted.
sorry again @ confusion in first post, thats just the way it is...
poly tents didnt but up against each other, there wasa a 2 foot or so "hallway" tween them. they were made of pvc pipe skeletons covered in blue tarps then double (hopefully) wrapped in co-extruded poly..... like i said, just the way it was.

whole op ran no more than 2.5 years.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
What was your average yield ..per plant ..per light ..? If you don't mind me asking. Looks like killer work..

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
general greivous: yeild per per light swayed from 1lb to 1.75 lb, depending mostly on genetics. higher yeilding strains could hit 1.8 lbs per light, if vegged properly. strains like the hp13, la kush, cali-o were lower yeilding but hella-high-quality. on average we ran about seven to ten plants per llight.
yeilds per plant are pure estimation but i could say 2 to 5 ozs per plant, just to say something.
we harvested usually no less than 20 lights at a time, of one or two genetics. so i could say, "of 18 lights with 144 plants, we yeilded 570 *dry* ounces" and do the math from there. usually tho i was estimating dry weight from wet weight. because during a trim job we weighed all product wet, just for shits n giggles i guess. then go back a week later and get a rough wet weight. final weight was someone elses problem to worry about, once the plants were chopped i really didnt care much @ what happened. not true, i did care, but refilling them tents was way more important than doing the math and finding out the average yields per plant & light on each harvest. most important to me was flipping new plants into the place where mature ones were just harvested from. the motto was never a flowering light turned off.
harvests were once a week, and using the sattellite trim machine we could harvest up to 60 lights of plants and have it all trimmedin 4 or 5 days, clean the machine and be ready for next take down, asap.

@ yes prop 215
i agree , except that i dont like the idea of a trim crew thats unaffiliated w the grow, we had our own crew for trimming, same people that came in to clean up big messes or help load trucks from the gro store. in house everything, if i could help it we only hired people w experience w the plant not just the product.

G

Guest 88950

...the motto was never a flowering light turned off. harvests were once a week, and using the sattellite trim machine we could harvest up to 60 lights of plants and have it all trimmedin 4 or 5 days, clean the machine and be ready for next take down, asap...

:respect: feed the machine.

TLoft13

Avinash.miles, i just noticed that you used the satellite trimmer. Is it true that it is easier on the buds as other trimmig machines? Care to tell us about your experiece with it, how best to use it ect.?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i should do an entire thread on them.... will do, thanks tloft,
in one word
yes very easy on buds

Hazed

Great thread, thanks for the insight!
I would like to know where the exhaust was going and where the air intake was coming from. Was the dead space in that building used as a big lung room?
I would like to know more about what environmental controls were used, humidity, fresh air intake...
Again, really appreciate your sharing!..Hazed

This story is so similar to mine its scary. My group started a legal grow out in Jefferson County, CO in 2009, all was good with the law till the build out was complete, and then the legal system kept on changing, literally day to day, it was nuts. We did 200 lights, got two crops off (actually 1.5 crops), and then shut the place down because the laws were changing so fast. Great learning experience, but what a disaster! And like you, I have some funny stories (or sad, however you want to view them), from electrical pole fires, to never having enough power, to prima donnas (I didn’t even know what one was till I moved out there, lol), to the tradesmen never showing up on time or wanting to leave too early, it was hell…

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
geez.... michaelswines.... so familiar and similar... spooky

i wouldnt call this exp. a disaster, but some of the plants that suffered towards the end def. would!

Latest posts

Latest posts