What's new

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

vukman

Veteran
awww crapola man,,,,kinda sucks you got no females out of the chemmy jones man....I guess that's the crap shoot you play with when dealing with seeds though. Still got quite a few ladies there and no matter what, it's always a learning experience though, isn't it?

Can't wait to see the 'fireworks' start and see which of the lights has the 'magic' spectrum and starts blowing up the flowers....:)

All my best bro

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
awww crapola man,,,,kinda sucks you got no females out of the chemmy jones man....I guess that's the crap shoot you play with when dealing with seeds though. Still got quite a few ladies there and no matter what, it's always a learning experience though, isn't it?

Can't wait to see the 'fireworks' start and see which of the lights has the 'magic' spectrum and starts blowing up the flowers....:)

All my best bro

If I would have had better germination rates with the chemmy jones I think the odds would have been more in my favor BUT I have ran many many packs over the years and sometimes you get males OR you get a ton of females that are not "keepers" based on their growth, internode distances, looks, smells among many other things.

Growing from seed offers more options but with those multiple options can come some negative ones which you normally will not find with clones ( besides potential pests, bugs, mildew or other shit ) but for some reason I would still rather run from seed than clones because I know the exact genetics of what I am running versus someone telling me its some special cut yada yada.

The chemmy jones was my favorite of the bunch actually BUT I am actually happy that 6 leafed freak is a chemmy jones male versus a female because I want to breed with him and see what comes out in the f1 but most importantly the f2-f4 generations.

I have a new casey / diesel strain coming my way soon due to testing for another breeder in the coming weeks so that will more than replace the jones genetics I wanted to have in flower. I still might get another chemmy jones pack though as there are alot of great phenos to be found but currently too many seeds and genetics to run through before rerunning strains.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Awesome photos, man. What kind of camera & lens are you using? What kind of aperture and shutter settings are you using to get this under LEDs? These two are rad:

View Image
View Image
I am actually using a common camera

cybershot 7.2 megapixel with macro / flash on

It seems to do a good job taking the shot showing the plants color UNDER the leds but also taking pics closer when the flash drowns out the leds you can see the green of the plants come out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
The kill a watt meter I ordered came in today! SWEEEEET

attachment.php

I will have a ton of watt reading videos uploaded so check back so you can see how the 5 led panels I currently have as well as the other panels watt ratings end up being.

Some of the panels have 2 settings so I will get the veg / flower running wattage as well as each switch on / off and all on video for everyone to check out. It will also be cool to see the difference between the panels I am testing and similar ones that YOU might have but odds are is a different spectrum and led layout and see what the difference is wattage wise between them.

I will be getting a brix digi meter soon as well which I want to measure leaf material and the potential differences under the different flowering spectrums.

Attachments

• kill-a-watt-meter-marijuana 013.jpg
    kill-a-watt-meter-marijuana 013.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Just got the word that I will be testing a strain from Poison Genetics and here are the details behind the strain itself.

Casey's Cousin x SourDiesel IBL:
Casey's Cousin is Thai leaning pheno from CaseyJones S1's that finishes pretty quick and has an incredible crisp clean uplifting high. She was seeded up w/ a stand-out male from Rez's 2010 release of SourDiesel IBL. Sour Thai anyone?

Once I get my order sent out and they arrive I will be updating here about the poison genetics as well. That will be fun alongside the field marshall seeds strains and how can you not want to grow out a casey and sour d strain? Those are two in my top 5 favorite strains of all times so I can't wait to see what phenos I get.

vukman

Veteran
Hey, I didn't know you had a new job.....Looks like you've become the official 'unofficial' tester of all.........hehehe.;)

Just hope you have enough room for all this stuff you've got going on. I can see it now, smoking one too many of an especially good one and getting all messed up on what's what and what goes where...LOL......

You know I'm just busting your balls man and I've never wished anything but the best for you and everyone else for that matter......Waiting to see the results on the 'Kill-A-Watt' tests.

I don't know if anyone has noticed but if you look through that alibaba place now at a lot of the led manufacturers, they've changed out their wattage specs....I've seen that quite a few no longer go by led watt times number of chips...Interesting.....I guess they've been reading forums of have had people complaining about 'false' advertising...

Keep the green side up brother.....

medmaker420

Veteran
STP start of week one video update:
[YOUTUBEIF]Sscqdi9MkE8[/YOUTUBEIF]

Next Video and Picture Updates To Be Uploaded:
- uploading the different kill a watt pics and videos
- uploading the "aero bucket cloner" video and pics ( took clones of the blackwater, jedi kush and jackpot royale females )

comments:
Glad to have you around alx1234 and vukman no worries man I get what you are saying but it isn't too hard to stay organized if you are used to running multiple strains. If you label each individual plant it keeps life stress free. I also think that hand watering each plant and looking them over helps you stay up to date with the plants health because under leds you can't see by the color of the plant itself how they are doing as easy so a closer look to me seems necessary.

Crowmax

Veteran
just stopping by to admire your plants and say hi :tiphat:
How many watt is that LED panel? Hope it grows huge buds!

medmaker420

Veteran
just stopping by to admire your plants and say hi :tiphat:
How many watt is that LED panel? Hope it grows huge buds!

Great question AND great timing as I just finished uploading the kill a watt meter readings for each panel :biggrin:

[YOUTUBEIF]Y0S97WimC0Q[/YOUTUBEIF]

medmaker420

Veteran
7 different led panels made it here today

I will get pics of the different panels, wattage and other data as well as the veg lights currently being tested as I have had a few questions about the different lights and their specs.

Pics and videos will be posted here once uploaded so stay tuned

vukman

Veteran
7 different led panels made it here today

I will get pics of the different panels, wattage and other data as well as the veg lights currently being tested as I have had a few questions about the different lights and their specs.

Pics and videos will be posted here once uploaded so stay tuned

ROFL..........holy shit!!!! I wonder what the courier driver thinks!! LOL....poor guy must be scratching his head thinking what the hell is going on here!!.........

At the end of all this, you'll be able to start your own wholesale distributorship..;).
Well, with the joking out of the way, I remember asking if you had enough room. Kinda wondering the same thing again with the new additions..Always wishing you the best and you know that.

medmaker420

Veteran
LED GROW LIGHT Flowering Light #1 Update Pics Flower Week One

LED GROW LIGHT Flowering Light #1 Update Pics Flower Week One

Here are some pics of the girls growing under the first concept flower light.

PICTURE ONE
attachment.php

PICTURE TWO
attachment.php

PICTURE THREE
attachment.php

PICTURE FOUR
attachment.php

PICTURE FIVE
attachment.php

I will be getting pics of the wattage for each of the panels. I want to get "first on" and then "after an hour" watt readings for all the panels so that will be interesting.

Vukman, I don't think a postal worker will care about delivering 7 boxes and with the rise of internet shopping I think it is pretty common for regular people to get packages all the time. At least it seems that way here in Cali lol.

On the space needs, I am fine as stated plus remember these lights are being tested in 2x4 flower areas and I have done plenty of multi 1k watt stadiums on light movers so I consider LED growing a space saver lol.

NEXT UPDATES
I will have alot of pics and videos coming up showing the different flower panels that I will be flowering under first THEN doing some seed to weed grows using them as well.

Alot of growin to get goin

Attachments

• end of first week flower 021.jpg
    end of first week flower 021.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
  • end of first week flower 036.jpg
    end of first week flower 036.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 9
  • end of first week flower 028.jpg
    end of first week flower 028.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 18
  • end of first week flower 034.jpg
    end of first week flower 034.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 12
  • end of first week flower 035.jpg
    end of first week flower 035.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 15

slashroot

Thanks for updating us, honestly checking this thread a bit too often haha

It'd be interesting to hear your personal thoughts about how the different lights are doing this far. Looking forward to the pictures of the different panels!

vukman

Veteran
for 1 week of flowering, they look great! If they keep at this pace, GrowBlu is gonna have a real winner there.

Although it could be the genetics and a variety of other factors, we all know that sometimes you don't even see a change after a week of flowering never mind the amount of 'budding' that is visible here.

Keep up the great work bro.....:yes:

medmaker420

Veteran
led flowering updates

led flowering updates

Here is the update video, more pics in here
[YOUTUBEIF]iSu6JJqNynU[/YOUTUBEIF]

likbent

medmarker420, thank you for the thread and the many updates! you are doing a great job!

Any idea if GrowBlu will ship their panels to the EU?

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Very nice grow so far... You sure do a great job !
I've seen on some websites some vertical growing LED lights, do you consider testing those kind of lights ? I think vertical and leds should kick ass !
Keep up the good work.
Peace, HJ.

medmaker420

Veteran
Here is the 14 watt panel ( pulls around 9 watts )
attachment.php

Very nice grow so far... You sure do a great job !
I've seen on some websites some vertical growing LED lights, do you consider testing those kind of lights ? I think vertical and leds should kick ass !
Keep up the good work.
Peace, HJ.
Husky Jackal
I will be doing vertical grows with a few of the veg and flower panels combined after these first flower panel tests. I too agree that vertical is worth doing + with LEDs might be a real deal win win for sure.

I will also be doing LED grows on light movers as well to see how one light on a mover does, then 2 lights on a mover etc.

Attachments

• Dabs anyone?
    Dabs anyone?
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Here is the 45 watt micro panel.
attachment.php

it pull right around 36 watts running
attachment.php

medmarker420, thank you for the thread and the many updates! you are doing a great job!

Any idea if GrowBlu will ship their panels to the EU?

likbent
Not really sure where all they will end up shipping once they open. I know they were buying and stocking their lights here in the states for US buyers BUT unsure of their worldwide shipping options.

I am sure once they launch all of that will be ironed out or will be ironing out during the launch. I would hope they would ship worldwide as there are alot of growers around the globe :comfort: and am assuming that will be an option but don't quote me on it.

Attachments

• 45-watt 003.jpg
    45-watt 003.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 45-watt 005.jpg
    45-watt 005.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: