What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

vukman

Veteran
Damn brother,, this thread is blowing up man!!! Excellent work. I know they looked stretched but I also know you haven't culled the males yet and I have to say some of those plants look damn amazing!!

I know this is testing out the lights but it would be nice to let them go on vegging for a while. I would love to see how the veg lights do when there is some leaf clutter in the way. See how deep the light penetrates..so to speak but I know that is for another test period.
Flower time is soon approaching and then the fun begins..:)

Just keep up the fantastic work bro.. I know it's a lot of work and time consuming.. I don't know how many people appreciate that especially when you have a life on top of all this work that you're doing here..I applaud you man,,,, I don't think I could juggle all that..

:yes::respect:

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Thank you for stopping in vukman, can't wait to see your next grow my brother.

I actually topped all of them and am letting them bush out and when they go into their flower cabs they will be put into 2 gallon grow bags and the cuts/clones I took will then go back to vegging.

These veg lights are in no way done with veg testing as this journey has only just begun to get moving. On the time and effort, its worth it in my book and I do better keeping busy and the only difference with doing a grow and a grow show is pics/video so it only adds a bit more to the day.

It is the video editing and uploading that seems to take FOREVER though but that is another topic lol. On the stretch, the females or the ones I believe to be females don't have much stretch at all on them. The males that I believe to be males have plenty of stretch on them and soon will be kicked to the compost piles. I am not worried about the stretch as I am not seeing any stretch difference from a mh/hps veg grown plant than these except for less heat and the leaves seem to be perked up more.

I want to use these lights for my veg/mom/clone tents and cabinets to get all the girls ready for the flowering tests which are about to get started.

Still dialing in their nutrients as these areas don't heat up like most lights do and I feel the nutrients last longer per feeding but might need to be stronger due to some yellowing. Either way, I am going with a readygro coco next up so the 6/9 lucas formula will run smoother than I think it did with the 707 ( 707 is nice soil, just not going to be one of my TOP favorites is all ) which would be great for a super soil mix base medium, just not something to spend alot of money on to then need to toss nutes at, might as well go with coco and have the nutes they need to be eaten right then and get that feed feed water cycle working smoother and faster.

Remember in veg I still have:
- Aardvarks Mix
- Field Marshall Seeds - Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze

The above are not ready to flower so these veg tests will continue with the above 3 strains as well as all the clones that I will cut from my "proven females" that will be found out by the end of the week as they are/have gone into the 12/12 cycle under the first concept flower light to sex them.

So once the chemmy jones, jackpot royale, blackwater and jedi kush females are found there will be that many put back into veg cabinets to test the first 4 veg lights as well as any new veg panels that might come my way.

I will also be doing some seed to weed test grows with a few of the panels as well so new seeds will be going in the ground once I clear some space of all the current or rather potential males.

attachment.php

Attachments

• females-start-week-one 004.jpg
    females-start-week-one 004.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Here is the video of the first flowering panel fired up and ready to grow

Here is the video of the first flowering panel fired up and ready to grow

Check this beauty out

[YOUTUBEIF]hBPekNBTcGY[/YOUTUBEIF]

I will be posting pics as well in a bit so check back for those as well.

vukman

Veteran
that is damn sweet looking but listen..we've got to come to some sort of agreement here okay.....no more thanking me for stopping by, okay!!!!!!! LOL....:D
With that light though, I got an email a little while ago with images attached and the person said the light isn't working... now seeing the 'UV' LED there which barely looks lit from the angles you're filming at, it reminds me of those same images.. The UV led seemed to be out and only under the camera could you see a little light coming off the chip..:)

Now, this is where the show begins!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!! Flowering time...:D

+Vibes

well documented and informative thread m.m. you're def keeping yourself busy :)
i'll be on the diy led train soon enough, so i'll be back with questions :comfort:

++

medmaker420

Veteran
led grow light flowering panel pictures

led grow light flowering panel pictures

Here are some pictures of the latest led grow light or better worded as the first flowering led grow light that I will be testing.

Picture One:
attachment.php

Picture Two:
attachment.php

Picture Three:
attachment.php

Picture Four:
attachment.php

and once again vukman THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STOPPING BY!!!! LOL

Attachments

• newest-grow-blu-led-light 017.jpg
    newest-grow-blu-led-light 017.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16
  • newest-grow-blu-led-light 006.jpg
    newest-grow-blu-led-light 006.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
  • newest-grow-blu-led-light 019.jpg
    newest-grow-blu-led-light 019.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 16
  • newest-grow-blu-led-light 028.jpg
    newest-grow-blu-led-light 028.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 18

slashroot

That's exciting news, love your video/photos! Do you have any equipment for measuring watt draw? Will you get a PAR measure device also? They sure are very expensive!

medmaker420

Veteran
That's exciting news, love your video/photos! Do you have any equipment for measuring watt draw? Will you get a PAR measure device also? They sure are very expensive!

Well PAR devices only help within certain blocks as far as the leds go so they can only measure so much BUT yes growblu has this gear and are either getting all the PAR/WATTAGE measurements of all the panels at their warehouse before they ship me the lights or they will send me the different meters so I can test the lights I currently have and the ones I will be getting in the near future.

Thank you for the kind words on the videos and pictures because I can't wait to take some flowering shots myself because that is where all the magic happens :blowbubbles:

medmaker420

Veteran
Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze Popping Soil Video

Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze Popping Soil Video

Here are some of the early risers of the Field Marshall Seeds strains Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze. I got some pics and put a video together showing the little babies. I can't wait to see what phenos I end up with because the last time I ran these they were all keepers.

[YOUTUBEIF]mUea_jND-T0[/YOUTUBEIF]

vukman

Veteran
Talk about a difference in spectra from the veg to flower lights.. I can only imagine what it looks like in real life!!!!!!

Yes, you are not the only one who is awaiting with baited breath to see the 'magic' start..:)

As always my friend..wishing you nothing but the best..:huggg:

medmaker420

Veteran
Talk about a difference in spectra from the veg to flower lights.. I can only imagine what it looks like in real life!!!!!!

Yes, you are not the only one who is awaiting with baited breath to see the 'magic' start..:)

As always my friend..wishing you nothing but the best..:huggg:

Yes I can't wait to see the rest of the tester lights to see how they differ at least to the human eye, video and pictures. I hope to find some keeper females to clone the hell out of and start putting in perpetual style within the different cabinets and tents.

I have a ton of flower cabs that are being setup right now to house all these lights. I usually like running multiple lights in one room but trying to help test the different spectrums so they all need to be independent of each other.

I am hoping I have a decent purple phenotype somewhere within the strains I have going and hoping one of these lights really helps bring the colors out.

I think that LEDs during the winter time will be great for plants that go purple in lower temps but haven't seen anyone really test for that BUT I hope to IF I can find something cool within the different beans I am running this winter.

A ton of work setting everything up but the girls are doing great and just waiting for their week under the first flower light to get done with and see which are females and males so I can iron out the plant setup within the different tents and cabs.

vukman

Veteran
Yes I can't wait to see the rest of the tester lights to see how they differ at least to the human eye, video and pictures. I hope to find some keeper females to clone the hell out of and start putting in perpetual style within the different cabinets and tents.

I have a ton of flower cabs that are being setup right now to house all these lights. I usually like running multiple lights in one room but trying to help test the different spectrums so they all need to be independent of each other.

I am hoping I have a decent purple phenotype somewhere within the strains I have going and hoping one of these lights really helps bring the colors out.

I think that LEDs during the winter time will be great for plants that go purple in lower temps but haven't seen anyone really test for that BUT I hope to IF I can find something cool within the different beans I am running this winter.

A ton of work setting everything up but the girls are doing great and just waiting for their week under the first flower light to get done with and see which are females and males so I can iron out the plant setup within the different tents and cabs.

I can't even imagine what your place looks like. I just hope you have an understanding family or else you might end up sleeping with your "girls" instead of your main lady!! ;)

Now that the usual cajoling is out of the way....I honestly am really interested in what will happen when you set the plants into flower. We know how the reds affect vertical growth so when you switch them and use the different lights with the different wave lengths, how will that affect the stretch they usually go through during the first phase of flowering.

Oh, so many questions and just have to wait for time to take it's course.

Be Safe Brother

medmaker420

Veteran
vukman
Getting more panels at the end of the week or beginning of next week and will be getting pics of them, video and doing the first "sexing the plants" video. I too am excited but as far as the loved ones go no worries as these are two separate places.

congrats on getting your grow a growin too btw

Now onto the led grow show updates
GROWTH UPDATES

I am going to focus on getting a ton of clones cut so I can perpetually keep putting new girls under the different led panels to see how the average per plant is as well as how I can dial them in best.

I am really interested to see which eats more based on which spectrum as well as stretch among a million other variables that will be exciting to spot. I am getting a big ol batch of super soil together for the next rounds but these girls for the time being will be enjoying some lucas formula molasses and kool bloom.

I will also odds are get back to running a coco blend to test a few out in as well. I want to check out that cocorok by botanicare. I love silica rock AND coco and that just seems like a great starter soil to work some organics and bennies into.

I have had a ton of stuff to setup this passed week but am excited for the STP (sexing the plants ) video so I can see what all strains I have to work with. I topped them, fed them a bit of bloom as they were a bit yellow and the new growth for only a couple days is doing great.

The Field Marshall Seeds strains all popped up and a new video will be taken of all those girls as well this week. I got 100% germination rates with the two strains Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze so I am stoked but radvancan and Field Marshall Seeds strains ROCK so I am not too shocked.

slashroot

I'm sure staying tuned to this thread, even though I only grow pepper plants with my lights. Cannabis communities have a lot of great information and research that is hard to find elsewhere!

Would be great if growblu would make upgrade-able modules in the future. Then you wouldn't have to change the whole light when new technology gets released, just by the modules and install them.

It's nice they got information about not being up and running yet "Grand opening is just around the corner".

medmaker420

Veteran
A Couple Pics Under The New LED Grow Light

A Couple Pics Under The New LED Grow Light

Had to shoot a couple pics and post them up as I wait for the males / females to SHOW THEMSELVES

pic 1
attachment.php

pic 2
attachment.php

pic 3
attachment.php

Its crazy to see how led lights affect pictures and the flash itself. In the last picture of that crazy chemmy jones look at the background plants. This is just a pic I downloaded from the camera, nothing photoshopped etc BUT with the leds + the flash the picture came out pretty cool looking.

Attachments

• putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 014.jpg
    putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 014.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 20
  • putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 012.jpg
    putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 012.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 17
  • putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 011.jpg
    putting-the-girls-under-flowering-panel-STP-1 011.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 15

medmaker420

Veteran
attachment.php

Forgot to mention I have a kill a watt meter headed my way and will be getting pics and videos and that will be posted next week.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
Forgot to mention I have a kill a watt meter headed my way and will be getting pics and videos and that will be posted next week.
:woohoo:new toy!!!!!!!!!!! heheh

Just keep up the great work my friend and please take some advice...Don't burn yourself out. As I always say and will say again, this time in public......never get too busy that you don't have time for your family. You know my situation so......yeah.......you only get one shot at watchin' the young 'uns grow up....:huggg:

medmaker420

Veteran
attachment.php

:woohoo:new toy!!!!!!!!!!! heheh

Just keep up the great work my friend and please take some advice...Don't burn yourself out. As I always say and will say again, this time in public......never get too busy that you don't have time for your family. You know my situation so......yeah.......you only get one shot at watchin' the young 'uns grow up....:huggg:

Yup I picked up the kill a watt tester on amazon and it should be here pretty quick. I thought it would be best for growblu to keep their meters as they will have a ton of lights to test etc and I will only have some of them so I bought my own and can't wait to play with it :biggrin:

all that is needed is prioritizing your time and everything can be worked out especially once you get your grows to where you only need to work with them one or two days a week at most. It really isn't taking up too much of my free time.

I don't think it will be possible to burn out growing plants, its too much fun whether herb, veggies or whatever.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
It looks like 7 out of 10 are females BUT all of the chemmy jones that made it were male SO bummed about that however I will be using that one with the 6 shoots for a pollen chucking event in 2013 so back to veg he went and culled the rest.

attachment.php

I have females of the jackpot royale, blackwater and jedi kush and will be taking clones of their lower shoots so I can get some more of the "proven females" growing and getting ready to be tossed in the different grow cabs in a few weeks after this first batch gets in.

I also have a "mutant aardvarks mix" that I kept from the first veg tests. It is a cross I have been playing with so I grow out a few at a time and locate the one showing certain attributes that I am looking for.

I found a blackwater with a really cool leaf mutation that is a female and wan't to see how she grows out and worth keeping around for further runs or pollen chucking efforts later on.

The Field Marshall Seeds strains Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze seedlings are doing GREAT with the first to pop doing amazing and the rest are growing like weeds. A video plus pics is coming with the end of the week update video and might up pot some of them into the 2 gallons so they can stretch their legs a bit but not sure if I want to up pot before sexing them as that really does burn through grow media fast so they might go into something smaller but not sure yet BUT time will tell.

Here is a shot of the newest to break the soil lbk's and kh's

attachment.php

Once I get clones of all these girls there is going to be some great shots of the different strains so I am excited to see how it grows.

I picked up some cocorok which I wanted to check out and see how it does compared to the 707 soil I just got done testing. I think I will like the cocorok better as I love me some coco plus the silica rock is something I have looked into and I see many benefits however the only downside I have seen is the added weight to the pots themselves.

I would love to test the silica rock in a hydro or aero setup or some sort of bed flood/drain system. I can see cleaning them and reusing them being easy and keep pests down but until tested it is only an idea.

Attachments

• 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Socrates

Awesome photos, man. What kind of camera & lens are you using? What kind of aperture and shutter settings are you using to get this under LEDs? These two are rad:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Latest posts